It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From BBC news ~ Prehistoric reptile skin secrets revealed in new image

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I don't have much to say, other than awesome!

This technology brings science one step closer to being able to isolate and harvest nano molecular residue.
Given another decade, we might be able to clone a whole organism from its decayed and fossilized dna fragments. How cool is that, Jurassic park here I come!

Hmm, how much would that big game license cost?

A unique image, for the first time, has mapped organic compounds that are still surviving in a 50-million-year-old sample of reptile skin.

"So we took this new technology... and the detail of what we were able to reveal was quite striking."

Using the infra-red technique, as well as a series of X-rays, the team were able to confirm that soft tissue was present on the fossil.

They were also able to offer a hypothesis on how the tissue had survived for 50 million years.

Science

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Amazing. This is going to stretch towards endless avenues of further research and information.

To see this Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrometry applied to the brain would truly drive my curiosity for what remains to be unknown

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
This and the 3d printers we now have, are key items in the ability to clone any DNA

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Sweet!! Jurassic park here we come. I personally want a Triceratops.

Triceratops

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Always wanted to see how it'd be to live as Fred Flintstone.

top topics

join