It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong with people?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
So, i've been here for a bit on ATS, I work at an airport in the U.S., and I have always been a people watcher, so, can anyone tell me what is wrong with people? Maybe its just me, maybe i just am not in the flow of things, but why is it most people are so consumed with their lives and their wants? It's absolutely ludicrous.

First of all anyone outside your friends or family could care less about what you have, what you believe, or how much money you make. We all just want to be treated like humans with respect.

Secondly, we all live on this planet and just want to be happy. So, why care about another's lifestyle, beliefs, or God just because it's not how you believe? Is your world going to end cause someone is a muslim, a wiccan, or a jew? seriously what is the real evil in the world? Your neighbors faith?

Third, how can we ever move forward as a species if we are so against one another that improvement takes the back seat? I mean, why be concerned with celebrities, image, and possessions when none of it matters? Why are we so selfish that we think everyone should be like we are? Isnt time to enjoy the diversity of life, the diversity of being human, and let it be as it is? Isn't it time to move forward and instigate a golden age of human civilization?

Finally, I beg and plead with everyone to forgive, forget, enjoy life, move on, and do what ever you can to promote the ascension of humankind free of quarrels within our species....

isn't it time to elevate ourselves and usher in a new age?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
If we had the answer there wouldn't be wars would there? Joking aside, some believe that all of the separate abrahamic religions, as well as the BS our media feeds us is so that we DO fight, and hate each other. I have known Muslims throughout my life and they are all but what they want you to think or what the media portrays them to be. Think of it this way. What is the best way to control something or someone: As one unified force, or as a bunch of different factions who are constantly fighting amongst each other. There will always will conflict, but hate is something that is used by our rulers to keep us divided. Love one another and see that the only people you should hate are the ones who tax your nuts off.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
better question. what is right with people? they care, they feel, they love and appreciate.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
You're looking at people.

Not everybody is the same.

Take for example: Water. We have two very huge oceans of it... of regular water. But on some spots on the Earth we have nice hot springs. Special water.

It's the same with humans. Just live and let live.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
people can be great i do not disagree, but what is happening, that i see, is more negative than positive. People just need to get away from themselves and enjoy each other.... there is enough in this world to feed everyone, house everyone, and to make everyone happy......

its not about control because you cannot control anyone but yourself....without violence....ughhhh

live and let live i like.... thats the way it should be....so how do we do that?

I love the diversity of humans it is an awesome spectacle in my eyes.

What I was getting at is, I believe it is the time, it is within our grasp, never before in human history has everyone in the world been so connected to one another. Let's use it lets forget our differences and accept them. Lets usher in a new age of cooperation, friendship, and love. Let us reach for the stars and expand our species.

However its not good enough to say its just the way it is and live and let live....

i feel if we are ever going to survive as a species and flourish we need to stop the bickering and fighting amongst us as individuals so it can spread farther.....

And lets get rid of everything that holds us back....fear, greed, selfishness, etc.....

why is that so hard to understand? i dont get it

edit on 23-3-2011 by gator1177 because: additional thought

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Money. That's whats wrong with people. It turns people into just another sucker, another number in the system, another pawn in a religious game of chess, and another fat cat that has a bunch of it but are still miserable.
For people that have so much money that they don't even care about it, the answer is power.

What is your job at the airport? If you don't mind me asking.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gator1177

Well first off you work at an airport. Most airport workers tend to be rude imo. So using that stereotype as a basis for this reply, maybe you should look at yourself, and tell all your co-workers to do the same. The average person in an airport are overwhelmed by the process of flying and could use a friendly face, not someone who is, in my experiences, full of themselves and act very annoyed by questions or simple requests.

In short, stop acting like it is a pain for you to actually provide some customer service. Be nice to your customers.

So tell me, what is wrong with airport workers?

:bash:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Money, Control/Power and Greed bring out the worst in us.

It's actually more SOCIETY as a whole; the way it is structured and the things we are taught to desire and lust after that are the real problems.
edit on 23/3/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/3/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ATC_GOD

My fault please forgive me it must be me because I work at the airport.........

new topics

top topics

join