It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Thin Line

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
www.hulu.com...

Did you guys see this video. These guys are saying that jared, the arizona shooter was not a terrorist, but anyone who yells allah ahkbar is a terrorist.

Yes the guy killed two american soldiers and that is horrible, it makes him a murder, not a terrorist, and he should pay. There is a distinction that these low IQ comedics are clearly not seeing

The one Comedian says "what do I have to prove I am a terrorist, I yelled allah is great"

They are using "appeal to ridicule" and trying to equate any muslim as a terrorist.

These are the dumbest people I have literally seen, even rocks are smarter.
edit on 23-3-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Talk about arguing semantics.

No need for a second line because my first line sums it up.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by STL0913

Did you watch the video? What is your take on it? Don't you think it is incorrect.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Yes I watched it. My "arguing semantics" statement was aimed at them, not you. According to Wikipedia the word terrorism isn't clearly defined. "No universally agreed, legally binding, criminal law definition of terrorism currently exists."

Seems to me the AZ shooter and this guy who killed two cops are both working alone so they're both sick people and murderers but I don't really think it matters whether or not they're called "terrorists". Again it's just arguing semantics instead of the underlying issue.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by STL0913

Ah yes, I understand what you are saying but the thing is that the phrase "allah ahkbar" is said in numerous different situations, including good ones. For instance if you just narrowly missed a car crash someone might use the phrase, and be labeled as a terrorist accidentally.

Next after that what if regular American phrases get the taboo. It is not really the semantics I mean, it is the implications of narrowing a religion/race for target and ridicule and singling out for further discrimination that is against the Constitution.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by STL0913
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

According to Wikipedia the word terrorism isn't clearly defined. "No universally agreed, legally binding, criminal law definition of terrorism currently exists."

The reason it's not defined is because, by any definition, our government would fall into the category of "terrorist" for any definition They might use against us. As long as it is undefined, They can claim They are NOT terrorists while calling others terrorists.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
payse the lard and pass the amunition...!

Faux Christians are terrified of Muslims
You'ld think God would protect em since he is so powerful and all
and I guess he screwed up when he made other things then christians
(like gays, Muslims, athiests, Buddists, liberated women..)

but funny enough....
edit on 23-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join