It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sign of the Times: Knife-Resistant Garb for Kids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Knife resistant coats and sweatshirts for kids in Japan. I think these would be useful in the United States with all the school house crimes we've been having as of late.

They are also installing a chip inside childrens clothing which automatically sends a message via email to parents when their children arrive and leave school.

Interesting.

TOKYO (Reuters) - They may not look cool, but knife-resistant kid's sweatshirts and coats are the latest products aimed at providing parental peace of mind in a Japan horrified by a series of gruesome attacks on children.

Reuters News

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Deep, I agree it is a neat idea about the protective clothing, but chipping the clothes, like chipping a person, just is too close to big brother stuff for me, personally. I do understand, looking at your avatar, that you have or know someone with a child, your desire to protect them, I really do. My problem is in my opinion that it would end up, very fast, being abused by the US government. Don't think so, here is a perfect example of it. General Motors offers "onstar" on lots of its vehicles. It is both a �GPS� and 2 way communication systems.
Well, it seems, I predicted this the first time I saw it advertised, that the FBI was sued by someone because the FBI used that system to track and listen in on conversation in the car. The case was thrown out of court, but right after that a law was passed that allows government agencies to do that without even getting a warrant. It is my personal opinion that this would happen with chipped persons or even chipped clothes.
Deep, please understand I am very against this issue, not you for your opinion or article.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
mrmonsoon,

I never said that I agree with the chipping of the clothes. Actually I completely disagree with it. The child you see in my pic is my daughter, she is almost a year old. I have two other children 9 and 5. They will never have the chip as long as I am alive, in their clothing or in the bodies.

You will never see me driving a vehicle with the OnStar system. I don't like the idea of being tracked wherever I go. You will never see me sign up for the NRA or those Legalize Marijuana websites. I believe our government has enough information about us, I am not going to give them more, especially about my kids.

join