It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terry Jones finally burns the Koran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

look...with the new afghan pictures being released and this....and the attack on libya...are you sure that the establishment in the US is trying to imply that this is a holy crusade!!...it just seems that the US always makes it hard for their soldiers overseas....cmon, the timing...it reminds me of when they gave a knighthhod in the UK to the author of "the satanic verses"...whilst blowing up iraq...i think this is bigger than a drunk bishop burning a quran at a BBQ...

i say lynch him....i heard they still do that in his neighbourhood....backward hick inbred uneducated morons...go on holiday i say

If you will scroll up to the top of the thread, you will see I already addressed the fact that it seems strange he was strong-armed during the 9/11 anniversary but now that there is a mideast uprising he went through with it.

Mind you this is all speculation, but it is a strange coincidence. Are they trying to polarize the ME right now against the West? Who knows...

Satanic Verses, Rushdie was expressing his freedom of speech. He wrote a novel, one that was supposed to highlight some of the fallacies tied into religion.

Frankly, the pastor is exercising his right too. So are all the other countries that burn Western flags and religious texts. Burn the Quaran, the Bible, the Book of the Dead for all I care, as long as you don't burn anything original you are not taking something away from human history.

As for it being harder for the troops, well, the people that make it hard for them are not going to accept Westerners as it is...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Guess I should have worded that different.
There going to have to do something to please the masses if not it's going to get blown so far out of proportion like it did last time when he didn't burn it.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oklastatefan
Guess I should have worded that different.
There going to have to do something to please the masses if not it's going to get blown so far out of proportion like it did last time when he didn't burn it.

If anything, the last incident may have just been them appeasing the masses. Perhaps they don't give a rat's ass now that they are in a different position.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Oklastatefan

Please who?
The families of the people the US kills and poses with?
How do you say your sorry for that?
Tere is and has been a serious rift here that will take generations to ease.
I remember when i used to talk to my grandpa about the war, he would refer to the jerry's and the japs.
That was 50 years after the war, wounds run deep and not all people forget.
There will be no peaceable way out of this.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWizard

Originally posted by Oklastatefan
reply to post by charles1952

Makes me wonder if the U.S. is going to do anything about it to save face or slap him on the hand and ask him not to do it again?

They have no right to do anything to that man, And he Is well within his rights to burn whatever book he wants.

yes they can...its been done before....its called "endangering our troops overseas"....also he is inticing hate...that is illegal...

look...dont get involved in the middle east whilst letting your people get away with this...its called HYPOCRISY.
YOUR TELLING PEOPLE HOW TO LIVE...THEN TAKING A DUMP ON THEIR BELIEFS....

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
About time, free speach ftw, muslims dont like it they can go burn some bibles lol.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Obama calls the book burning a “a recruitment bonanza for al-Qa’ida”.

www.newsi.es

Well here it goes, there getting fired up. I can understand freedom of speech and all but I have a feeling people are going to suffer due to his actions or I'm just trying to compare this to last time and nothing might never happen.

edit on 23-3-2011 by Oklastatefan because: grammar

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The only real difference between then and now is media attention.

Then - A slow news day - and some redneck preacher decides to burn the Koran. The media and the preacher makes a huge event out of it and people all around the world get upset.

Now - Wars and Earthquakes around the world fill the news - some redneck preacher decides to burn the Koran. The media says, "meh".

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I'm afraid I can't go very far in supporting thePharaoh's position in his most recent post. Let me start with a factual issue. His claim that it is illegal to incite hate makes me think that he (or she) is not from the United States. In his country it may be illegal, but our Supreme Court has ruled that simply inciting hatred is not a criminal offense and is Constitutionally protected.

That feeds into thePharaoh's second point which is that of hypocrisy. I think he is looking at this from the wrong perspective. The US protects the individual's right to do many stupid things including, if you will, Koran burning (or Bible burning) by a citizen. We believe everyone should have those rights. In some (if not all) Islamic countries there is the right to burn a Bible, should there not also be the right to burn a Koran?

Further, no informed person believes that Koran burning is an objective of the government, it is only the act of a man widely condemned in his own country. But notice that we do condemn them. I think Americans believe that there are individuals in Islamic countries who do things that are much worse and, yet, are not widely condemned in their countries. I don't think the hypocrisy charge sticks in this instance.

edit on 23-3-2011 by charles1952 because: posted in error

edit on 23-3-2011 by charles1952 because: insert the post I was intending

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

WE HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THIS
I AM MUSLEM
LET ME TELL YOU THAT WHEN THERE IS A PIECE OF PAPER WITH KORAAIN IN A NEWS PAPER FOR EXAMPLE AND YOU WANT TO THROW IT AWAY DO YOU KNOW HOW DO YOU PROTECT IT AND SHOW YOUR RESPECT ...................... BY BURNING IT

THANKS GOD

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
I'm afraid I can't go very far in supporting thePharaoh's position in his most recent post. Let me start with a factual issue. His claim that it is illegal to incite hate makes me think that he (or she) is not from the United States. In his country it may be illegal, but our Supreme Court has ruled that simply inciting hatred is not a criminal offense and is Constitutionally protected.

edit on 23-3-2011 by charles1952 because: posted in error

edit on 23-3-2011 by charles1952 because: insert the post I was intending

um...have you see the news...11 UN soldiers killed in afghanistan...two were beheaded.....due to this...

so ...if it isnt illegal to endanger your own troops when they are abroad...then ...boyy

when muslims preached during the war with iraq...they went prison...for endangering troops overseas..more hypocricy

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Sorry it was due to this or was it due to fundi Islamics?

Because I live in the west and there were no beheadings done by muslims where I live. Thought I should point that out.
edit on 2-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Sorry it was due to this or was it due to fundi Islamics?

Because I live in the west and there were no beheadings done by muslims where I live. Thought I should point that out.
edit on 2-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

thats exactly the point....lol....because no one in his neighbourhood objected he thought it was fine...
your troops are completely surrounded by potential enemies...what turns them into enemies??....this sort of thing does!

in the west you torture the enemy in cuba...in the east..they behead you in the street....
it doesnt take an expert to know that he would endangour troops..he is living in lala land...these mentally ill people should not be highlighted in the news....cmon a pastor burning a book of faith = mentally ill

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

So we should all bow to the fundamentalists wishes? They burn bibles in the Middle East, would you condone killing over it? It's not like this pastor has free reign, if he did what the fundi's in the ME do, he would go to jail.

It's a copout excuse. If you want to round up all the Fundi's and let them have a battle royale with each other than I'll support the idea. But bowing down to their actions is BS.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It amazes me that the Muslims are so "offended' and upset about this, yet they have no qualms about beheading people on videotape or stoning to death 14 year-old rape victims in the town square.....

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

So we should all bow to the fundamentalists wishes? They burn bibles in the Middle East, .

wow calm down, deny ignorance a lil bit, the point is, we know all there is to know about these people in afghanistan, yet we still make the same old mistakes...we know that by doing what jones did, would infuriate people
now, our soldiers are surrounded by the enemy, sometimes it could be as little as 2-5 soldiers policing 1000s of people...if these people see someone burning their book of faith, and 2-5 of them are just outside....
they are not like me and you, they dont have a police and law system to hide behind, they go out and do what we saw today.

I THINK WE NEED TO ARREST TERRY JONES FOR INCITING THESE DEATHS...AS IN AFGHANISTAN THEY WONT SEE THIS AS MURDER, MAYBE MANSLAUGHTER AT TOPS....JUSTICE LIES IN OUR BACK GARDEN.....BURN JONES`S HOUSE DOWN LOL

edit on 2-4-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Good job Terry! I do the same from time to time...among other things as well.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Well here's another I found last night. Ann Barnhardt never heard of her but here in this video she bookmarks pages with raw bacon and burns pages.

www.liveleak.com

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
A pile of qurans were burned a few months ago and nothing happened.

Why all this anger over one quran.

Im a big christian follower,and i wouldnt think about cutting someones head off if they burned a bible.

I would just think "my gods so great he will deal with them".

I think its great he burned the quran to show us what these people really think of us.

If he didnt burn that quran,we would have never found out the hidden agenda of allahs followers....to behead everyone that doesnt say allahs god.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join