It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terry Jones finally burns the Koran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I wondered when he would do it and it seems he did. I wonder how much backlash he and us are going to get because of this if any since all the uprising and wars going on now.

www.liveleak.com

What are your thoughts ?

If this is a repost please forgive me as I could not find it in search.
My first post so please don't slam me to hard..

edit on 23-3-2011 by Oklastatefan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Oklastatefan

Anyone else find it strange that this guy had a 'talking to' by the Government about burning it, he reneged on his idea, but then does it while there is a war going on in the Middle East?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I cant seem to find this posted on any MSM... did this just happen

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

The government's talking to must not have been too forceful. I can't say that I'm interested enough in his story to try to figure out why he's doing it now, but there's always a war on in the Middle East, isn't there? He could be responding to Libya, Gaza, who knows what.

As far as burning the Koran, everybody seems to show disrespect toeveryone else's religious items. (Yes I know that's an oversimplification, I have no idea what Buddhists do.). It's not good, but it's also not worth killing anyone over.

Not much of a story, Islam doesn't need an excuse to go after the Great Satan.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

I couldn't find a date or anything from msm myself. I'm assuming it's recent.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
so this dirty grimy snake of a human, thinks its right to do that....can he even read arabic?????

is this what it takes to`try` and be famous and get your ugly reptillian face into the news

how can a so-called man of faith do that...i guess hes not a man of faith...IF HE HAD FAITH IN A STRONG GOD, THEN WHY WOULD HE HAVE TO TRY AND FIGHT FOR HIS GOD ...ironic

As someone who refuses to get invloved with this sort of mental behaviour i want to say:

thats not HIS quran to burn....i might wipe my ass with a bible from his church...see the karma

hold on...does this mean he would condone that a pead. victim has the right to burn the bible....in effect he has condoned that....does that mean palastinians can burn the torah.....can iraqis burn the bible....i think he opened a can of worms
edit on 23-3-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

This just happened.
CBS
USA Today
Daily News

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Who cares?
2nd line.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

As someone who refuses to get invloved with this sort of mental behaviour i want to say: thats not HIS quran to burn....i might wipe my ass with a bible from his church...see the karma

Should it matter? Burn every religious text, they are mere copies. If an organization wants to get its message out, it does so by releasing copies. Originals are one thing, copies are another.

When was the last time someone got murdered over a dictionary getting burned? The whole idea that burning something should cause more of an issue other than a waste of paper is absurd.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

You remember last time when he threatened he was going to do it they protested and threatened the U.S. if they allowed him to do it. Just think about all the soldiers over there and how this will affect them and us here.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
People burn bibles every day a long with countless other books, what makes this one so special? Also he has the right to burn whatever book he wants so I don't see the problem here.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by thePharaoh

Should it matter? Burn every religious text, they are mere copies. If an organization wants to get its message out, it does so by releasing copies. Originals are one thing, copies are another.

When was the last time someone got murdered over a dictionary getting burned? The whole idea that burning something should cause more of an issue other than a waste of paper is absurd.

look...with the new afghan pictures being released and this....and the attack on libya...are you sure that the establishment in the US is trying to imply that this is a holy crusade!!...it just seems that the US always makes it hard for their soldiers overseas....cmon, the timing...it reminds me of when they gave a knighthhod in the UK to the author of "the satanic verses"...whilst blowing up iraq...i think this is bigger than a drunk bishop burning a quran at a BBQ...

i say lynch him....i heard they still do that in his neighbourhood....backward hick inbred uneducated morons...go on holiday i say

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

"To the poet, to the philosopher, to the saint, all things are friendly and sacred, all events profitable, all days holy, all men divine." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

So sad that someone claiming to be a preacher, incite hatred and violence. Sad day friend..

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Yeah I see your point.
Now the US forces will be the most hated souls in the world.
Dude!!??

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Here's an update. Pakistan has gone to the United Nations to complain about the Koran burning. American officials condemn it as well. (More strongly, in fact, then I have heard them condemn anything in a while.)

Concern over Koran burning

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Makes me wonder if the U.S. is going to do anything about it to save face or slap him on the hand and ask him not to do it again?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Seriously folks people can condemn and cuss and wave their finger all they want.
At the end of the day, that and 5 bucks will buy you a small coffee.
In a world where flags and bibles can be burned, 1 more holy book will not matter.
Years....decades ago when the US had the illusion of the folks with the moral high ground, i could see how this could damage us.
But i think the world has figured out the US is not about truth, justice and the blah blah blah.
We are coming for your oil
We are coming for your water.
We are coming for your gold.
We are coming for your lives, and we're probably gonna pose with your dead body too.
This is how the world sees the US
Burning a book is kind of a null point on that scale of things.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Do what?
On what legal ground?
Really what can be done?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oklastatefan
reply to post by charles1952

Makes me wonder if the U.S. is going to do anything about it to save face or slap him on the hand and ask him not to do it again?

They have no right to do anything to that man, And he Is well within his rights to burn whatever book he wants.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthWizard

Actually i can think of 1 thing, if he did not have a permit to burn indoors.
Other than that he is golden.

edit on 23-3-2011 by g146541 because: forgot to add smilies.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join