It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be gay all you want, just hush up about it!

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux
I feel more threatened by Christians than I do homosexuals.

that's not fair. think of all the wars fought by gays. think of all the books and music they've burned or censored because it went against their beliefs. think of all the people hung from crosses (stylish ones) for not believing in homosexuality. think of all the terrorist acts committed by the gay community.

let me see, there's the um, oh, no the war over using eggshell or ash...was that really a war or more of a spat?

the gay community has done more for me, and my family, in my 42 years than religions have in the last 2000 plus years.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33
With ALL that is going on in the world, THIS is on the FRONT page of ATS?
Who cares about THIS topic when RADIATION is leaking out of JAPAN, and Lybia could start a massive war?
There are SO many more topics that deserve our attention instead of silly threads like this. Homosexual or Straight... I don't care, people are DYING.

Wow.

Just wow.
:shk:

Yeah...kinda makes you wonder...
With all that is going on, you'd think there would be something more important to talk about.

"A radioactive cloud of fallout may be coming my way, but HEY let's dredge up a tired worn out beaten dead horse GAY debate! YAY!"

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
It's funny that even in back-world ould Ireland, there is some recognition for some common sense decency, goodbye religion, it was not nice to know ya!

Civil Partnership Bill signed into law

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

Yeah thanks for that, clearly my handle on the internet is a great indicator of what I have to offer both socially and intellectually; how about reading some of my other posts before you make such an unfounded comment?

I don't know why my post was deleted; it was entirely relevant to the OP and I wouldn't have deemed it offensive; unfortunately I can't reply to my warning PM for any clarification. Have a good one mate.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Originally posted by jed001
reply to post by Helious

ah yes another gay bashing post. can you just be quite about your sexuality or your religious beliefs . who are you to say what is right and wrong in the world. you can't even prove that your god is real if he was real wouldn't he smite the gays in the first place maybe god is gay

No, not a gay bashing post. I'm simply tired of hearing about gay rights on a daily basis for a very real reason. A sexual preference does not automatically entitle you to any rights. You are entitled civil rights for being a human being, you are entitled rights if you live in America under the Constitution. What you are not entitled is any further rights based on your own sexual preference, I am sorry, your just not.

Don't mistake this thread for gay bashing, it is not, I have absolutely no problem with anyone being gay, being with the partner of there choice in public or doing anything that a man and a women would be deemed "ok" to do.
And yes, sloppy guys and girls making out at the bar draw the...... Hey, get a freekin room comments too so it's not just same sex, that kind of behavior just is largely not acceptable anyway.

This thread is about realizing that you by being gay which is only a sexual preference are not guaranteed any further rights than that of your civil rights. Marriage as I have said is a religious union based on Christian faith which does not allow for same sex unions. The state only recognizes that faith and ritual and while they have included it in tax law they have no authority to alter that religious union.

In this case your a 'Show No Public Affection' sorta person, so be it!

I will if i want to, who are you to tell me what to do? The 'Public Affection Police'? Not meant to be offensive, but if it's not hurting anyone else, then look away, it's not that difficult, but if you find yourself looking at it, then maybe ask some other questions from yourself my friend....

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by longwinter

So you just have zero respect for other people's feelings then? You don't care if you make other people, including maybe kids uncomfortable?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

You forgot to mention how the gay community wakes me up on Saturday mornings trying to convert me to homosexuality.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ballsdeep

My post just got removed too for replying to someone followed by i think your username is awesome and it was deleted...and yet the obvious hate and bigotry isn't as bad i guess

I'm done everyone have fun with the endless debate

edit on 23-3-2011 by AmerikanDekline because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

Yeah those queer eye witnesses can be quite bothersome eh?

link   

Originally posted by civilchallenger

Originally posted by Drezden
Marriage affects hospital visits, employment benefits, military benefits, and as long as the federal government and states can decide which marriages are worth recognizing and which are not there is an inequality

Yes, that is the problem. Yet I've never heard a single gay person complain about that. All they want to seem to do is latch into the system and support it...

I actually don't know what you're talking about I know plenty of gay people who think that the government should not be in the business of marriage period. Including myself. So there. You just met one. However getting the government out of the state sanctioned marriage business still wouldn't solve most of the issues since there are over 100 different laws and rights that state marriage grants to couples, these are things like spousal visitation rights, insurance coverage, inheritance issues, adoption issues, immigration issues and so on. These issues wouldn't just go away by doing away with state sanctioned marriages and we would then most likely have to then issue separate laws concerning each of these rights, making sure that a person cannot be denied them simply because they are gay. So saying that gay people just want to "latch onto and support the system" is a drastic oversimplification which ignores the whole host of other issues that effects gay couple in a very real way, on a daily basis. Simply doing away with government marriage would not solve the fact that states will still try to deny these rights to gay people.
edit on 23-3-2011 by meeneecat because: spelling

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Reply to post by kroms33

Well said on that... I'm a gay guy myself as some of you know... I just had a great evening in the company of other men... I got all hot and sweaty. Tonight I went down hard on my man, going straight for the tackle. I put my ball up deep then played into the hole... Now, let me stop you there.... It was a good game of football... But seriously, I pulled no punches, NOBODY there would have assumed I was gay, which addresses the OP, does it not? I mean, what's the issue here, there is a lot of ignorance on this thread. With all that's going on in the world, it is an absolute embarrassment to the ATS community that THIS is front page!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

So you just have zero respect for other people's feelings then? You don't care if you make other people, including maybe kids uncomfortable?

If they are uncomfortable they can look away, just like when a straight couple kiss gay people can choose to look away then. This way society can be free for expression without having to feel suppression of their affection.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I see, well then I guess I will just have to agree to disagree then. Just don't be surprised if people use their freedom of speech to tell you to get a frikken room.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

they stand around on corners, telling me I'm going to burn for an eternity if I don't convert. They hand out pamphlets (really just passes to cool parties) that scream "BECOME GAY!!!"

yeah, they are such a damned nuisance.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

How do you think i could hurt kids, if i was into kids in a sexual way is that what your asking?
Thats a whole different debate, and you might want to ask a pedo about that, not me!
I know of a few people who are gay with kids, what they think of this, if you would like me to get them to respond to this question, or have i read this all wrong?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

that's not fair. think of all the wars fought by gays. think of all the books and music they've burned or censored because it went against their beliefs. think of all the people hung from crosses (stylish ones) for not believing in homosexuality. think of all the terrorist acts committed by the gay community.

Isn't it ironic that when it suits the anti-religious fanatics they will use homosexuality and pedophilia against priests to discredit them, and then when when it doesn't suit their purposes to use this argument pretend as if it hasn't been made.

It is also ironic that the gay community will embrace warmongers such as Alexander the Great, or avoid at all costs admitting that Adolf Hitler was gay:

Prior to being chancellor of Germany, Adolph Hitler was a street cleaner and a gay prostitute.

All of this disingenuousness accomplishes nothing. If you hope, by implication, to suggest that gay people are no threat to humanity in the same way straight people are, as in petty tyranny, you only accomplish to add fuel to the fire, and keep stirring the pot that is dividing us all.

One does not have to be a religious zealot in order to perpetuate human atrocity and history is rife with secular atrocities. And it is hopeless to think that homosexuals are immune to the perpetuity of atrocity.

It just doesn't matter who people are screwing, or who they pray to, some are good, some are bad.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Making uncomfortable is not hurting anyone really, I was in no way implying anything like that, definately read into it wrong. I don't make veiled insults, I rarely insult at all, and when I do, it is straightforward.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by arpgme

I see, well then I guess I will just have to agree to disagree then. Just don't be surprised if people use their freedom of speech to tell you to get a frikken room.

I'm talking about normal forms of affection which is accept by heterosexual couples (kissing, holding hands, NOT making out or having sex in public though). This should also be acceptable but homosexual couples.

However, everyone has a right to express their opinion, gays have the right to show their affection and straights have a right to be disgusted and say "get a frikken room!" (if they are). That being said, they just have to make sure they are not crossing the line between free speech by saying "gross" and harassment by following them and making fun of them and saying hurtful things (hate speech/threats)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Yep, total agreement with you then. I was talking about making out and groping, and grab ass. That type of thing, which bothers me a bit with any couple, not just gay couples.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join