It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be gay all you want, just hush up about it!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I guess people are getting sick of talking about war and earthquakes? Who knows.

I'm thinking of starting a thread about how screwed up everyone is, do you think they might want to discuss that?

Some people are just so awesome, but so many are, well, not awesome at all, and I'm quite curious as to why that is, to get to the root of our collectively shared problem, which is a people problem.

Bashing on gays, the religious, etc. etc. is pathetic. Let's talk about what makes people so unloving and so unhelpful, while pretending to know it all.

Let's talk about what's wrong with the human being in general. Could make for an interesting discussion, I think I'll give it a whirl see where it goes..

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Your not Jews, you have haven't struggled for 5 thousand years under endless oppression.....

...Jews have struggled for 5 thousand years?!!!!
Quotes from jews:

“Jewish history has been tragic to the Jews and no less tragic to the neighboring nations who have suffered them. Our major vice of old as of today is parasitism. We are a people of vultures living on the labor and good fortune of the rest of the world.” – Samuel Roth, Jews Must Live, page 18.[/ex

“What is the basis of Judaism? A practical passion and greed for profit. To what can we reduce his (the Jew’s) religious worship? To extortion. What is his real God? Cash!” – Karl Marx, founder of Communism, quoted in the British Guardian, July-August, 1924.

“In everything, we are destroyers–even in the instruments of destruction to which we turn for relief…We Jews, we, the destroyers, will remain the destroyers for ever. Nothing that you will do will meet our needs and demands.” – Maurice Samuel, You Gentiles, pages 152, 155, and 147. “The Jew is an inborn Communist.” – Otto Weininger, Sex and Character, page 311 “The Jews have a disproportionate number of mental defectives, idiots, and imbeciles.” – Dr. Maurice Fishburg, Eugenic Factors in Jewish Life. “The modern Jew is the product of the Talmud.” – Michael Rodkinson, in preface of Babylonian Talmud, page XI. “The Talmud is to this day the circulating heart’s blood of the Jewish religion. Whatever laws, customs, or ceremonies we observe-whether we are Orthodox, Conservative, Reform, or merely spasmodic sentimentalists-we follow the Talmud. It is our common law.” – Herman Wouk, This is My God.

edit on 23-3-2011 by Ninth Wave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I have fun in these threads really. You have tiny groups of gay crusaders, on one extreme, gay bashers on the other extreme, then a whole bunch of us stuck in the middle somewhere trying to smack some sense into both of them

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

That's ok so long as they don't LIKE being smacked, then it might start to get uncomfortable..

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by UndisclosedDesire
As a gay male and a professional, I find most of this thread offensive, yet hilarious at the same time. Many of your opinions and feelings are made about people you haven't even spent any time with! How many of you bigots have ever had a drink with a gay man or chatted to one?

I work in Health Care as a Care Team Manager for the NHS, my partner is an accountant. I think if you came and observed our life, you would go home disappointed. We wear boring suits to work, come home and cook dinner, feed the dog and take him out for a walk. It's mundane, it's boring and it's nothing like the stereotype that Will & Grace feeds you. Our neighbours are caring, we all look out for each others houses, we do BBQ's, parties, the normal weekend things that we all like to enjoy. Our sexuality is such a non issue. And I have never been to a gay pride march, never even stepped inside a gay club. I suppose I am what the gay community calls "Non Scene". I'm the gay who likes football, who follows the Grand Prix and plays tennis, who will thrash you at a game of pool and loves to climb mountains. I'm just one of the boys! So why don't you try looking beyond the stereotypes once in a while, we ain't all limp wristed queens.

I'm really glad you posted this, as I said a few pages ago, my buddy was face-palming at this thread. (He's gone now, but was reading this thread with me) He's gay, and he's just like you, though he does go to some gay bars. I am in the rare position of being a straight guy with several gay freinds, and it's interesting sometimes when they are all talking, and I'm the only straight guy in the room. None of these guys seem to like the "Flamer" stereotype, and I would challenge anybody to distinguish them from anyone else. In fact one of them I didn't even realize was gay until he hit on me, lol. (That's another story - my buddies had to tell him I wasn't "in the club")

The point is that NORMAL people, or at least well behaved people, don't go around in public or at work talking about how gay they are or how many chicks they banged over the weekend. It's rude, and people don't like it. Of all the gays I know, none of them act like "limp-wristed queens", and of my straight freinds, none of them are trying to impress anyone with their sexual adventures either. People who act that way generally do not remain my freind for very long. Sexuality is a private matter, and anyone who puts their sex life out there as a way of getting attention should expect to be called a jackass and the attention whore that they are.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

Bible also states having slaves is ok and there is mass murder included. So are those things natural or unnatural?
Once again for like the millionth time gays have always been around and it also occurs in animal kingdom so i would have to say it is natural. If God is all knowing why would he create an abomination and people so evil as the gays? right?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

You can call us gay crusaders all you want fact is mabye we are just tired of hate, bigotry, gay bashing, intolerance or perhaps thats just me...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
God created Gays because he knew that women stop giving good blow jobs once they have got the wedding ring!! Lmao.

Joke people, just a bit of brit humour. Damn breeders. lol

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTakesTime
reply to post by Helious

Gay people are some of the most, outspoken, flamboyant, people I have ever met. They WANT everyone to know just how gay they really are. So starved for attention it's almost pathetic.

Thats the femalish gays, they are just as annoying as women often are. The masculine ones, like
UndisclosedDesire
, are the cooler ones

Ko3

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbmitch
reply to post by DantesPeak

"So how about the heterosexual people hush up about homosexuals since it's none of their business? '

Maybe because "gay life styles" impact greatly on heterosexual life including health issues and social behavioral issues

signature:

No they don't. Sorry, but they just do not. You see a group of homosexuals on tv or parading down the street and you assume that's how all of them are?

That is incredibly ignorant.

edit on 23-3-2011 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

So is eating Shellfish!! But oh yeah, it's okay to keep slaves, god had no problem with slavery. What kinda screwed up # is that

First off you do not know the Bible if you think as a believer I can not eat shell fish,

Secondly we are all slaves to the dollar, that is unless you provide all of your own food, clothes, water, fuel and such to provide for your needs with out the goods and services of others.

Ignorance is bliss to those that bash the bible yet do not read nor understand.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Will you please answer the questions i just asked you?

You answered his quickly but danced around the fact that bible states slaves are ok and the use of mass murder.
edit on 23-3-2011 by AmerikanDekline because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2011 by AmerikanDekline because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other specific laws and how to follow them:

1. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbours. They claim the odour is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15:19- 24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

5. I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath.. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14) I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted fan, Jim.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
We are living in times where people see their homes getting taken away from them because they can't pay the mortgage anymore, in times where a whole country is being threatened by a nuclear catastrophe, in times where the Middle East and North Africa region is burning up with thousands of people dying, in times where we are experiencing unusual phenomena and in times of economic devastation and people are still arguing about homosexuality?

As long as they are not doing any harm to you, let them live as they please and don't argue all the time. Everyone is responsible for their own actions and for their own lives. Also when they have no reason to argue, the subject will stop being everywhere all the time, the homophobes will stop the aggression and everyone goes their own way.

Result: Everyone lives in harmony and acceptance.
edit on 23/3/2011 by Longdead33 because: Addition.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AmerikanDekline

The New testament does not say it is Ok to have slaves but it does say that if you are one then you should be a good servant.

Old testament mass murder as you claim is what is called war today, and yes it was genocide in many cases, but you would not understand the reasons, as to you live and let live as long as it does not effect my life.

Yet I would guess there are things happening in your area that you do not agree with and they effect the way you do things, to the point that you are a Slave to the system, and under the control of others that decide what is right and wrong.

No moral absolutes just what the popular opinion dictates.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AmerikanDekline

From what I have seen you post, you are actually one of us poor saps stuck somewhere in the middle in my opinion

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

As a gay male and a professional, I find most of this thread offensive, yet hilarious at the same time. Many of your opinions and feelings are made about people you haven't even spent any time with! How many of you bigots have ever had a drink with a gay man or chatted to one?

I work in Health Care as a Care Team Manager for the NHS, my partner is an accountant. I think if you came and observed our life, you would go home disappointed. We wear boring suits to work, come home and cook dinner, feed the dog and take him out for a walk. It's mundane, it's boring and it's nothing like the stereotype that Will & Grace feeds you. Our neighbours are caring, we all look out for each others houses, we do BBQ's, parties, the normal weekend things that we all like to enjoy. Our sexuality is such a non issue. And I have never been to a gay pride march, never even stepped inside a gay club. I suppose I am what the gay community calls "Non Scene". I'm the gay who likes football, who follows the Grand Prix and plays tennis, who will thrash you at a game of pool and loves to climb mountains. I'm just one of the boys! So why don't you try looking beyond the stereotypes once in a while, we ain't all limp wristed queens.

Because you don't suit their argument mate. They're scared and the best they can come up with are a few weak, irelevant and obscure bible quotes.

I'm almost certain the real issue is anal sex. It disgusts them. Even the ones that have heterosexual anal sex.

It's like these people never left the schoolyard. They're bullies and if they actually said half the things they say here to your face I'm pretty sure you would sort them out - I know I would.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by UndisclosedDesire

Oh that's funny, thanks!

I'm a Christian btw, and yes, I can laugh at that.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

Your not Jews, you have haven't struggled for 5 thousand years under endless oppression.

So would you like to point out a society or time where homosexuals have had equal rights as heterosexual partners? I would suggest that the fact it is so difficult to do so is pretty good evidence that they indeed HAVE been oppressed for endless numbers of years, unless of course you think that gay people have just decided to be treated worse then their straight counter parts throughout history.

Jewish people weren't the only ones put into camps in the 1940's you know
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/21be7e492f97.jpg[/atsimg]

Yes, I can point out a time. The answer is..... ALWAYS. Your rights have been and always were the same as everyone else. They only seem different when you go out of your way to share with the world what you desire sexually behind closed doors which should be something only communicated with those you choose to do it with. Others don't care and by trying to force them too, you separate yourself and drum up perceived rights you should have but have never been actually deprived of.

The problem with your supposition, my friend, is that the "rights" that are granted to heterosexual couples because of their hetero-normative behavior are DENIED to homosexual couples. You suppose that the problem only begins when someone declares their sexuality. Fact is - society takes for granted that everyone is straight and thus - "rights" are granted to heterosexuals that homosexuals cannot participate in. They've been pointed out before here but there are over 1,000 "rights" that are denied homosexuals - largely because of the Defense of Marriage act of 1996.

Furthermore, I don't appreciate how you've tried confuse the issue by creating a semantic obstacle by defining the word "right" as "privilege." I think in terms of this present discussion and in terms of the larger conversation the two definately mean the same thing. If you continue along this line of thinking the only conclusion is that heterosexual couples are privileged with over 1000 benefits which are denied homosexual couples because of their sexual orientation. What is the LEGAL justification for this denial? Would you have us continue to lie about something that should not be hidden? As a tax paying gay American I should be granted the same benefits as any other tax paying straight American citizen. Once EVERYONE in this country is equally protected under the law and is entitled to the same legal "rights" as everyone else you will continue to see the parades and you will continue to hear us shout out about this mistrial of justice.

And finally, pertaining specifically to your reply in the above quoted text: You're inability to grasp the basic foundation of this issue is simply astounding. You posit that our rights are the same as your rights as long as we do not come out of the closet. If we were to stay in the closet, take opposite sex spouses and have 2.3 kids your life would certainly be easier...you would never have had to start this idiotic thread. However, my life is as legitimate as yours is and I plan to live it and furthermore, I deserve to live it afforded the same benefits as you are.

BTW - do you really think the all the men in the WWII era photograph embedded above, who were forced to wear the pink triangles as they marched off to the death camps, were all really homosexual? If so, did they deserve that fate? I personally don't believe you've ever befriended a gay person. And if you have, I don't understand how they befriended you. Get the chip off your shoulder and stop acting like gays are having orgies on your front lawn.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

You just stated that if you are a servant than you must be a good servant to me that is saying slavery is accepted in the bible. The crusades were nothing but mindless murder so why would a book of love and compassion contain such. Also no one ever answered the question of why a religion based on love and compassion uses fear to make people believe last time i checked fear is the opposite of love. Basically why is it that religion is the only answer are people not allowed to be enlightened or come close to God in what way they see fit. If it leads them to the same conclusion who's to say they are wrong not our place to judge them.

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join