It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be gay all you want, just hush up about it!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
you Americans are soo narrow minded... lol

LOVE from CANADA...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

Originally posted by Helious

Your not Jews, you have haven't struggled for 5 thousand years under endless oppression.

So would you like to point out a society or time where homosexuals have had equal rights as heterosexual partners? I would suggest that the fact it is so difficult to do so is pretty good evidence that they indeed HAVE been oppressed for endless numbers of years, unless of course you think that gay people have just decided to be treated worse then their straight counter parts throughout history.

Jewish people weren't the only ones put into camps in the 1940's you know
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/21be7e492f97.jpg[/atsimg]

Yes, I can point out a time. The answer is..... ALWAYS. Your rights have been and always were the same as everyone else. They only seem different when you go out of your way to share with the world what you desire sexually behind closed doors which should be something only communicated with those you choose to do it with. Others don't care and by trying to force them too, you separate yourself and drum up perceived rights you should have but have never been actually deprived of.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

Originally posted by Helious

Originally posted by chancemusky
Is it me, or has the OP never met a gay person?

I have been a bartender for 14 years, I have met hundreds, some that you would NEVER know where gay and others that pitch there voice 10 decibels below there natural voice and skip from one table to the next.

Ive met all kinds and I'm even friends with those I have found to be to my liking and posts like this just make them laugh. I guess because the ones that I call friends couldn't care less about the majority I'm talking about because it has never been there "agenda" to gain rights that a sexual preferences should not grant.

Im sorry maybe I misunderstood, are you claiming that the "majority" of gay people are not seeking rights, and are looking for attention?

I guess I lack the understanding of what rights they don't already have and are craving? Is the outrage because they want a piece of paper to sign so they can file a joint tax return? What other rights am I missing here?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I am gay.. never once have I ever had a parade... NOR forced my sexuality on anyone... careful how you word your self, you are skirting a cyber hate thread here.

I contribute to society both my partner and I both do.. we teach your kids, and social work your hertro sexual, we watch heterosexual preform public displays of affection.. why cant we?.... we help families who cant seem to keep it tgother.. I mean I can go on and on... we are everywhere.. we will continue to have our parades, and have our spikes dog colars... you will just have to learn to live with it... hell next time you get your hair cut or sit down at a restaraunt.. were serving you...

I dont know what kind of GOD you may have but mine is perferct never hating or casting his children away but loving eachone equally...my god makes no mistakes like yours does.

love from CANADA

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DantesPeak
Umm, I'm pretty sure 99% of the threads about homosexuality here are from wingnuts screaming about how it's unnatural and "the bible says you're an abomination!" etc.

So how about the heterosexual people hush up about homosexuals since it's none of their business?

Thank you for this comment. Sometimes this site makes me want to go to Fox News for more enlightening conversation...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Maybe if you had to constantly hear about how something you felt deep inside (no pun intended) was evil, wrong and your parents wouldn't speak you, old friends ostracize you etc etc... Maybe then you would feel the need to tell the world you are who you are and it is OK.

This is the main driving force. Once the modern world accepts homosexuality as normal and treats a same sex couple no different than a heterosexual couple then they will be quiet.

This isn't about being a victim, this isn't about attention, it is about not wanting to feel like a freak, it is about wanting to feel like you belong.

I think the biggest issue is this ideal that if you aren't disgusted by gay people you might be one. This is telling enough in that I see everyday how people want to let you know how they aren't gay while supporting gay rights. Because they really do have a negative taboo quality and even the liberal supporters who say they should be equal will want to make sure you know they aren't gay.

Anyway I hope gay people get more out there and vocal about it.Get society numb to it until nobody cares. It's a good strategy and seems to be working so far.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I wanted to present this in another way as I think I may see what is bothering you.

If I say cupcakes. Do you see cake and frosting? While others see cake, frosting, cooking temps, butter, and calories? What is bothering you is that you are conditioned to see the personal facts, and those that are flamboyant and not. You cannot choose to be comfortable with a non-flamboyant gay person, as they are in fact more comfortable with you.

When some talks about going to bed, do you think of a shower? A bed? Pajamas? This is a personal issue and nothing else.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
DO YOU THINK we chose thjis lifestyle? choose to be outcast by the ones we love? by the reality of our childhood? to hear how much you disgust your parents?

someone is right... its none of your buisness... its our buisness...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

There is no such thing as an "inequality of rights". All people have the same rights. If it is a right, it is universally so, and is inherently so, not some legal fabrication, but a natural phenomenon.

This is part of the problem with the whole "gay" issue. "Gay rights", much like "minority rights" is about civil rights, not natural unalienable rights, and more and more people are waking up to the difference and are getting a little tired of having civil rights shoved down their throats as if it some sacred cow. Beyond the inappropriate locker room talk that tends to come with "gay pride" - which seems to be the point the O.P. is making, there is the nonsense of "inequality of rights", but more to the point, you in your assertions pretty much lay out the contradiction of the whole gay marriage issue, and how that only serves to distract from the real question.

The real question is not why can't gays get married - they can and just simply have to hold their own sacred ceremony to do so and need no permission from the state to do so - the real question is why does any person, gay or straight need a license to get married? The legal definition of license is the grant of permission to do something that would otherwise be illegal to do. Is getting married illegal, and is this why people are expected to obtain a license in order to do so?

The gay marriage issue is not about gays getting married, it is about filing on tax returns, and "benefits", nothing more. To equate filing on tax returns with equal rights is so odious it stinks to high heaven, and every person has the right to contract. Every person should exert their unalienable right to contract to secure the best possible deal they can get, and none of this has anything to do with sexual proclivities. It has everything to do with victimology.

If you think the only benefit of a government recognized marriage that gay people want is filing their taxes then I understand a little better why you're confused on this issue. Gays do have their own marriages in Christian churches (as well as others), except the government won't recognize them. (Why is the government allowed to recognize some religious marriages, but not others?) There is principal, and there are more legal benefits than just taxes as well.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Erm, so you assume I would only defend gay people because I'm gay? I'm not so the use of YOUR is a little odd

Forever eh? So I assume the fact that until not so long ago in the UK you could be put in Prison for having homosexual sex didn't happen in your world?
The fact that some hotels today still refuse to let gay people share a room doesn't happen?
The fact that in many countries in the world the age of consent of gay and straight people is different isn't real?
The fact that it is STILL illegal to be gay in many countries isn't true?
The fact that straight couples can marry and gay couples not doesn't exist?
The fact that there are tax benefits and inheritance issues that effect gay and straight people differently is no problem?
edit on 23-3-2011 by davespanners because: spelling

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by darrylss
I am gay.. never once have I ever had a parade... NOR forced my sexuality on anyone... careful how you word your self, you are skirting a cyber hate thread here.

I contribute to society both my partner and I both do.. we teach your kids, and social work your hertro sexual, we watch heterosexual preform public displays of affection.. why cant we?.... we help families who cant seem to keep it tgother.. I mean I can go on and on... we are everywhere.. we will continue to have our parades, and have our spikes dog colars... you will just have to learn to live with it... hell next time you get your hair cut or sit down at a restaraunt.. were serving you...

I dont know what kind of GOD you may have but mine is perferct never hating or casting his children away but loving eachone equally...my god makes no mistakes like yours does.

love from CANADA

Wrong, this is NOT a hate thread. It is a live as you want and need to be but stop making an issue out of a non issue thread. By all means, kiss, hold hands, do whatever you like in public, I have absolutely no problem with that whatsoever and I mean none, I would never ridicule somebody for this ever.

My problem comes in with things like gay rights parades, the very idea of having separate rights, or infering deserving speacial rights because you choose to make your sexual preference known.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

They dont hold the rally to flaunt it, they wouldnt if they HAD all the rights straights have. If they continued afterwards, I think that'd be stupid to do it.

BTW, i apologize, I believe I may have misunderstood you earlier.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

If you think the only benefit of a government recognized marriage that gay people want is filing their taxes then I understand a little better why you're confused on this issue. Gays do have their own marriages in Christian churches (as well as others), except the government won't recognize them. (Why is the government allowed to recognize some religious marriages, but not others?) There is principal, and there are more legal benefits than just taxes as well.

It is clearly you who are confused, and you continue to demonstrate this confusion. Your insistence that government recognize a marriage is the problem. Why do you need government recognition of a marriage if not for the "legal benefits" you speak of. It ain't about marriage pal, it is about benefits, and if you are talking about government benefits, you are not talking about rights, but privileges. Government should not be in the business of doling out privileges, and would serve the people better by protecting the unalienable rights of people, but there are these damned movements continually attempting to frame issues in terms of what they can get from government beyond what government has any real authority to accomplish.

Politicians love to pander to this crap, and petty tyrants love to create an illusion that they can "give" these benefits, but in reality it is an excuse to aggregate power and disregard the universal and equal rights of all people. Nope, you have not convinced me that you are genuinely concerned about equal rights for all people, just what you can get from government.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
LIVE and LET LIVE you have issues with parades? lol sad mental issues you must have..

DONT BE A HATER

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

YES! finally someone says it! hahahha =)

really no one cares if your gay, just like no one cares if you straight, or both.
ive known so many gay people and none of them act like the people on tv.
no one has ever tried to shove anything down my throat (sorry probably not the best use of words)
i think gays should be allowed to marry. why because I DONT CARE DOESNT EFFECT ME!
i know I for one am sick of the MEDIA making it seem like we have to be sympathetic towards the gay community. why they are just like me, except they like the same sex, BIGDEAL!

once everyone (even race/religious/etc) just realizes we are the same. no one needs special treatment, the more you cry for special treatment the more people will dislike you.

just be yourself, be gay, be straight, be asexual. everyone should just shut up about it.

i am also sick of the people saying gay people will go to hell, and trying to change them. really? that is also ridiculous. simply because its a way of forcing religious values down someone's throat. i dont like that either.

be yourself. simple as that. if people dont like you, you dont need them around

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Whats with all this gay talk on this forum lol i keep seeing all the new comment threads gay obama gay apps gay this gay that lol
too much I want to make love to my dog but we cant walk down the street holding hands mainly because he dosnt have hands ,but people get offended when i french kiss him and lick his balls. Im so persecuted i dont see the problem im in love with another being who cares about societal norms
I want mammals love rights where all mammals and even some amphibians can do what we want.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

well put!!!! I dont need a piece of paper, or a corrupt establishment to honor my love to know its real
I am married in my mind. its a state of thought. not a paper. not a tax incentive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join