It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Comes Trouble? The Return Of Sunspot 1165

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
SpaceWeather.com

HERE COMES TROUBLE? A big sunspot is emerging over the sun's southeastern limb, and it is crackling with activity. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory recorded a surge of extreme ultraviolet radiation from the sunspot's magnetic canopy on March 21st, 2011.

This appears to be the return of old sunspot 1165, last seen in early March when it formed on the sun's southwestern limb. Since then it has been transiting the far side of the sun, apparently growing in size and restlessness. The potential for trouble will become more clear in the hours ahead as the active region emerges in full. Stay Tuned....

SolarHam.com: Active Sunspot 1165

Big Sunspot 1165 starting to grow as it approached the Western Limb on March 7, 2011. It was responsible for numerous M-Class flares. Photo captured by SDO.

NOAA: Current Solar Info (Live Info Graphs)

NASA: Current Solar Info: Live Info Imaging - 12 Filters

Wiki: SunSpot
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/216f63206e6f.png[/atsimg]
Wiki: Solar Maximum
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff1245f1d49d.png[/atsimg]
Wiki: The Sun
Wiki: Solar Flare
Wiki: Coronal Mass Ejection
Wiki: Solar Wind

This story from spaceweather led me to some most amazing images of our Sun. Take a look at the links for yourself, and (if you are like me) you will find pages which you will want to keep bookmarked and checked regularly.
Keep a folder of key Earth monitoring websites.... Bring them all up at once, and feel almost omnipotent about the current state of our world. Never before in history has such information been so widely available. Live... Streaming.... INFOGASM ! ! !

edit on (3/22/11) by AllSeeingI because: Added Info

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
... hopefully a massive solar flare doesn't fire out at the Earth and screw over the Fukushima plant, which some guest on Coast to Coast predicted.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The sun has got a real stretch of nasty coming at us; Just looked at the 360 view. WOW
360 sun view

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Well lets add this to the list of doom and gloom. I think this thread will blow-up... No pun intended!
I suspect that the theories of mass calamity will be fully extrapulated by this news.

I am however concerned about this effecting us here on this tiny stone floating precariously inspace in direct line to recieve any angst that mother natutre has to throw at us.

Maybe someone could break down in laymans terms just what the potential effect we could expect.

Thanks for the post!
Red

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

What does this mean? Is it possible this Nibiru or Comet ELEnin has anything to do with the sun behaving in the way it is?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by redzareptile

Better to be informed and enlightened and try to understand the ways of the universe.
Solar Science is exploding right now, there is alot about the sun that we simply do not know.
It is our life giver, and will one day be our destroyer. Not a question of if, but when.
True, humans may not live to see the day where a solar event blasts the atmosphere of earth away.
Or live long enough to be burnt away rising temperatures.
Or live long enough to be engulfed by the sun as it's circumference and mass grows beyond the orbit of earth. See Diagram...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f9c0c85dd324.png[/atsimg]

I think the info you seek is there in the thread.... It says that the situation is growing in size and restlessness' and 'we just have to wait and see.'

edit on (3/23/11) by AllSeeingI because: added info

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Is it just me, or is there a new sunspot/solar flare thread almost EVERY day. Honestly people, it's gotten to a point where even if one of these violent solar events does occur, we can't do anything about it! These post are just really pointless, redundant, and not...interesting.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Raelsatu... I feel that it is posts like yours that are just really pointless, redundant, and not...interesting.

I am not 'doom and glooming'. I am relaying the source... Space Weather.com wrote it, not me. The science surrounding such phenomenon is fascinating regardless of whether they are bound to kill us.

During my study into this topic I discovered many excellent websites with graphics and charts which I had never seen before. As I am sure some of this info I am bringing forth is new to some of the other ATS members.

One word... Contribute!

edit on (3/23/11) by AllSeeingI because: typo

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
Is it just me, or is there a new sunspot/solar flare thread almost EVERY day. Honestly people, it's gotten to a point where even if one of these violent solar events does occur, we can't do anything about it! These post are just really pointless, redundant, and not...interesting.

yaa because we have had two x flare misses this year and its only march lol solar cycle 24 is going to be crazy as for we can't do anything about it, speek for yourself.(pointless, redundant, and not...interesting) we will have afews days heads up. And thats all the time i need, if we do get hit by a xflare. All your power and electronics may be pointless and redundant but not mine buddy, i got a A+ in science and can make my own solar, wind, and water power and i know what a Faraday cage is.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdonisDNA

Originally posted by Raelsatu

yaa because we have had two x flare misses this year and its only march lol solar cycle 24 is going to be crazy as for we can't do anything about it, speek for yourself.(pointless, redundant, and not...interesting) we will have afews days heads up. And thats all the time i need, if we do get hit by a xflare. All your power and electronics may be pointless and redundant but not mine buddy, i got a A+ in science and can make my own solar, wind, and water power and i know what a Faraday cage is.

Your point would have a shred of merit if it weren't for the fact that we have been hit by X flares in the past and have shrugged them off.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

So basically the Universe works in a life cycle as well?...Damn, now that's interesting..

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Your point would have a shred of merit if it weren't for the fact that we have been hit by X flares in the past and have shrugged them off.

carrington event 1859 has a shred of merit lol not many ipods or ipads back in 1859 lol but that cant happen more then once lol we would just shrug that off
(sarcasm)

edit on 23-3-2011 by AdonisDNA because: its in the post

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
There's a huge difference between just "being informed" and "informing people" on what it could do to us if it happens. Seems like a majority of the threads posted on this site are in fact "Doom and Gloom". You can repackage it and claim you're an "infowarrior" all you want and furthermore claim that you're just passing on good information but in all reality all you're doing is posting information that could cause a thread blowup from people who place way to much faith in the information they find on a site that's dedicated to conspiracy theorists, government mistrust, UFOs/Aliens and any other less than mainstream topic people can find to discuss.
edit on 23-3-2011 by ScepticallyDelicious because: The darned FBI again, this time they threatened to repaint my house pink...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ScepticallyDelicious

Welcome to ATS

But seriously, I am providing information. Links to the sources, wiki... unbiased.... and the source article... I have not hyped the headline.... i took it word for word as ATS rules and regs require as I have been so informed in the past.

So yes, I am compiling links to a single relevant topic down to a single place. Making it much easier for ATS members to have access to this information.

Dont kill the messenger.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

So basically the Universe works in a life cycle as well?...Damn, now that's interesting..

AH imagine it: The universe, time, and space are all part of the same infinite Fractal swirling and swirling. Creating infinite numbers of parallel universes for infinity forward AND back ward in time.

Wrap the ol noodle around that for a moment.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Check the date of my post and add 2-3 days from my title...how much did I miss the Japan Quake? Maybe just a coincidence...I don't even want to know

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by borutp
Check the date of my post and add 2-3 days from my title...how much did I miss the Japan Quake? Maybe just a coincidence...I don't even want to know
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Woah!!!!

You predicted the earthquakes hitting the Earth, and then the Japan earthquakes happened right in your 2-3 day window. Earthquakes each day including the big one.
Ok that Is cool.
But explain how the coronal mass ejection is the direct cause of the earthquakes.

Hasnt Earth sustained such ejections without major earthquakes?

In that video with the coronal mass ejection... do we know that it was directed at Earth?

Do we know the exact amount of time such a burst would take to get to Earth? Is it a set time, or is it variable?

Can we check on past major earthquakes and find corresponding large coronal mass ejections aimed at Earth?

Can we check on past large coronal mass ejections aimed at Earth and find corresponding major earthquakes?

You seem to have an understanding, because you thought there would be earthquakes those days....
PLEASE enlighten us.... why did you think there would be quakes and therefore created your prediction thread?

edit on (3/24/11) by AllSeeingI because: format

new topics

top topics

join