It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The needle is too expensive most unwanted animals are gassed....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I rescued a cute little guy from a shelter in Phoenix and he is a good dog, but he has some major issues that I cannot break. He bites around food and when he has something that he really likes. He has drawn blood on me many, many times in the past 3 years since we got him. The thing is, I cannot get myself to put him back in that situation...I will not tell the shelter that he bites because he will be killed off and no kills will not accept him because of the biting...so I deal with it.

edit on 24-3-2011 by MarshMallow_Snake because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2011 by MarshMallow_Snake because: added pic of the little guy

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I just thought of what I think is a good idea, I'm not sure how feasible. Now, granted, I have watched those TV shows about select prison inmates who are given a dog to train.
But what if, they went and asked all prisoners in every pennitentary, except ---- for the sexually violent and the animal abusers who are there for animal abuse. If they would be interested in adopting a pet from a kill shelter. Then many prison cells would have pets in them, and the staff annnnnd the inmates, would keep an eye on everyone with a pet, and make sure nothing horrible is happening. There would have to be a way to pay for all the pet food and cat litter.
(Sexual offenders would have to be --- excluded --- no exceptions. I came across a guy on YouTube who was having a cat lick on his member, with his shirt somewhat draped over. It shocked me. But then I gathered my 'marbles' and went to re-find the vid [ though I didn't want to see it again] so I could endeavor to bring the attention of justice to this dirtbag, but I then could not find it. Maybe Youtube cought it.)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

It puzzles me that a country with a population 300 million can have such a crisis. I still think that poverty might play a factor in it, especially with how high vet bills can be as in any country.

As long as there are people like this guy here, considering the amount of views this one person gets as well, I think more and more people will be inspired to help this cause...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
they should use the dead ones to feed people

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake

Try and get a good dog trainer or if you can't afford that go to the library or google videos.

You can teach a dog how to stop that.

Right now mine bolts so I have to be very careful we leave the baby gate up and only go in and out through the back door which has a fenced in yard.

We are actively training Lucy Lu to come when called, but being in a puppy mill for six years with no human interaction has left it's emotional scar on her.

They say training every day.

If my understanding is correct she/he bites you when you hand her food.

Rent and watch Cesar Millan.

Hope this helps

For now do not feed by hand.

Put the food in your dog's bowl
Stand in front of him
and when he is calm and sits place the bowl down

There are a lot of helpful videos and sites that can help you more than me.

I'm just getting into dog training.

My youngest son is a real dog whisperer...........he is autistic

This may be helpful too.

edit on 24-3-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Thank you. We cannot go near him when there is food because he gets protective and defensive of the food. He is OK if you hand it to him.

I will watch this video when I get home.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I have been thinking about my first post reaction to this thread, the sheer hatred expressed for humanity. Now that my cooler head is prevailing, I can see that, it is not the amount of humans on this world, but THE TYPES OF humans on this world (in their amounts.) WHAT IF all (is it 7 or 8 billion now?) of us had *accute* *consciouses* ? Overfowing with awareness toward suffering? The billionaire who was -unable- to sleep at night, if he dumped is homeland workers, for a third world sweat shop? The bailout banksters who collaborated to give every citizen without a house,a paid-in-full mortage Christmas present, because they felt unable to not do so? The would be animal-gas-chamber operators who said, "Where there is a will, there's a way, to keep all these innocents sheltered and fed, if it's the last thing I do, as God is my witness."

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

And I love Evanescence ........... what kind of dogs are Chase & Eddie.

Yours?

Are they ever cute.

Normally I go for the big Pointers, but boy those two are soooooooooo adorable, so loving.

Saving a dog or cat brings out the best in people.

Thank you for the videos. I down loaded and cried thinking these two beings came so close.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Hope this site link helps.

www.cesarsway.com...

I just got a book "How To Speak Dog"...............there are a lot of training videos and books you can rent.

Keep in touch, let us know what you did and how things turn out.

If you keep having a problem, maybe just once or twice try and get a good dog trainer in to show you how to handle this situation.

Star for you though, you made a difference, you saved one life.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by XXXN3O

And I love Evanescence ........... what kind of dogs are Chase & Eddie.

Yours?

Are they ever cute.

Normally I go for the big Pointers, but boy those two are soooooooooo adorable, so loving.

Saving a dog or cat brings out the best in people.

Thank you for the videos. I down loaded and cried thinking these two beings came so close.

No, those dogs are not mine, I was linking those video's just to show that there are people who rescue dogs.

I myself do not have dogs, I have two cats, one of which came from an abusive background but hes settled nicely now.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Dont you love it when expense dictates important things like this, oh we'll just gas em its cheaper... that being said I think my families karma bucket is nice and full...

We have 9 cats, 2 we got from a family who had kittens before we moved as replacements for 2 of our originals that had died that year (the two that had died where cousins and from a blind cat lady we knew), 1 was rescued from the side of the road in the middle of nowhere as a kitten just wandering at the road side by my brother just before we moved also....

4 we rescued as a feral litter from my fathers place of work 3 years later, took a few months to get them acclimatised to us but now 6 years later they are some of the best and most loving cats we've owned (unfortunately the female torite was killed on a nearby road at 2 years of age), we also caught their feral mother and had her neutered and released back into her territory (and shes still there and doing fine, and is even becoming friendly to a degree).

A year latter we caught the ferals cousin who was being brought up on a 4 inch wide window sill between two broken glass windows. We also caught her mother (which was the sister or older daughter of original feral quartets mother) and neutered and released her (haven't seen her since then unfortunately).

We bought a new tortie 6 months after our feral tortie was killed from the local pet store since no one had bought her after waiting 3 weeks to see if anyone would take her and she was only going to be put to sleep by the shop owner eventually if not purchased anyway.

And finally 2 years ago my brother while using a long drop toilet at a coastal beach on a weekend heard a meow and looked down to find someone had thrown a little white and tabby kitten down it, which he rescued (messily) and she became number 9 (shes one weird cat, bizarre meow, eats melons, mushrooms, paw paw, cucumbers etc and seems to have a nerve problem with her back legs or hips)...

And its possible that the feral brothers mother might end up a part of our family some time in the near future given events at my fathers old work place... I used to think 3 cats were alot, now I find 9 'normal'
might be a challenge to tame her, but im up for the challenge.

Its cost us a few thousand dollars for vet bills and their food consumption is rather large, but what else should money be used for but fixing problems and making lives better, for all species.

Get your pets neutered and spayed people... if you dont your being irresponsible in the extreme and contributing to the problem. One thing ill disagree with is dont discount pet shop pets as good pets or as part of the problem. They arent kept for ever by the stores and often share the same fate as the ones in the shelters if they arent sold.

A civilizations worth is often based on how they treat other 'lesser' life and at the moment id say the west is pretty much 50/50, with the bad and good fairly balanced... thank god we aren't like Asia. I still think the Hare Krishnas are right in their idea that the more mankind harms and kills other life for meat, entertainment, profit the more we end up killing each other in senseless violence and wars as some form of karmatic recompense.

Its good to see there are still a good number of people out there who care and act for the little guys.

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Unfortunately, I know far more people who think it is "unnatural" or who seem to have some weird and sick psychological attachment to their animals reproductive organs. (Especially the testicles, guys, they arent YOUR balls, the dog really doesnt care, honest)

When ever i hear that excuse i feel like neutering the person saying it with a blunt spoon... my feral male black cat still has his plums even after getting the chop (sure they aint huge but they aren't nonexistent) and hes the alpha tom in the entire nearby neighborhood with the scars and torn ears to prove it (yes im a little proud of my boys battle scars)... and he never backs down from a fight, even when I do my best to separate the whirling balls of teeth and fur... so yeah, getting the cut doesn't diminish their maleness. Why that would be a problem anyway I dont know...

Im a proponent of catch, neuter and release personally, if i had lots of expendable cash id start doing it where ever I could to help with local feral populations.

edit on 29-3-2011 by BigfootNZ because: Meow

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

The Dog Whisperer has a lot of videos on various aggressive behavior in dogs and how to cure it. Maybe try to find one or check at your library for one of his books.

I bought a couple, Talking Dog and Animal Translation. If and when life ever slows down and I come across food aggression I will U2U you.

Start Googling Breaking food aggression in dogs and see what you come up with, even videos.

My rescue dog was suppose to be food aggressive but she isn't, she's very passive and I have to get ready for her first vet appointment today.

So hope your day goes well.

Only 35 seconds.............but this dog was scheduled for death at six years of age after living in a puppy mill as a breeder in Georgia for six years.

Had to cut the video short she about bowled me over, wow can she move.
edit on 29-3-2011 by ofhumandescent because: added last sentence.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

Let's start with you.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

NO, How about simply and logically neutering and spaying?

Or is that beyond your comprehension?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

Yeah bud, it bothers me that the Asians have a TERRIBLE track record of animal treatment. I guess I'm gonna open a pandoras box can o worms here, but: I wonder if some people massivly as a race ----- are more psychopathic (lacking in empathy or sympathy) by genetics, or can they be encultured OUT of the mindset.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Absolutely horrible. But then again, still better then what China does to their animals. (Beat them to death/skin them alive for the food.) This is why all my dogs/cats have been adopted. I'm not going to feed the dog breeders business.

On another note, there's a dog track in Pensacola Florida which my uncle worked with from 1993 to around 1995 which has given me numerous nightmares as a youngster. For example, they'd feed the dead dogs to the crocodiles/alligators/whatever they were in a small river which ran behind the dog track. The dogs themselves were held in tight quarters and more then often, the herd mentality would make it so a new dog would get killed by the pack when introduced. My uncle was witness to one such occurrence where he and another guy saw a dog get his hind leg ripped off by the dogs. My uncle isn't afraid of dogs, so he ran in throwing them in each their corner while the other guy was frozen out of fear. The dog died and was of course fed to the crocks.

We as humans put too little worth into an animals life and it's absolutely disgusting.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join