It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The needle is too expensive most unwanted animals are gassed....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
right on!
The American ways of excess must end. It hurts the environment, it hurts the humans, it damages mother Earth.
The stupidity of people is boundless. People stay in ignorance by choice.

We saved two dogs past two years from death and with a huge advertising campaign we were able to find them great homes - but there are millions others.

Why is there so much pain and misery.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
My response to it all was to drastically reduce my dairy/meat intake. I still infrequently eat fish and chicken.. but rarely. I don't do it all the time like I did when I was young. I believe that if you want to do what's moral you have to take a hit healthwise. We strive on a balanced diet. That means some animal protein of course. Well, in my mind, I'm willing to take a hit for the animals. I may not live as long as some others, but I might live with a mind more at peace.

Compare myself with my friend. He eats dairy/meat every chance he gets every meal every day. I just don't agree with that way of doing things. He may be healthier than me, but I just can't accept it. I'm willing to take a hit. Jesus sacrificed himself for us. This is nothing by comparison, but it counts for something in my mind because it does give me a little bit of peace. The research I've seen suggests to me I will take a hit to my energy reserves and my brain elasticity. So maybe i'll be a bit more dimwitted and slower to action, but jesus when he was nailed to the cross didn't even get a chance to live his life. I maybe no live 90 years, but i could live 70 or maybe 75.

I understand what Mr Tranny is saying. There's a lot of sh** in the world that is handed off to someone else to do. Unfortunately, the world isn't fair. He's right. I don't hate. Everything in life is a compromise. Whether it's choosing to spend your money on adopting a wild animal, or using that money on something else. We take a hit no matter what we do because this life isn't fair and also because nothing is free. Peace all. Enjoy what you can.

And if god knocks on your door at least let him sit on your porch.
edit on 23-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Mr Tranny

[/qIf they are using good clean CO2, and they are applying it properly, it shouldn’t be painful. Most pounds have guidelines for gassing animals to prevent it from being painful. You have to up the gas slowly, because the CO2 acts as an antistatic and calms them. then you can turn up the concentration to finish the job. If you open it up to fast, then the strong CO2 concentrations will burn the eyes, and the lungs.

You didn't watch the video, and no the man I e-mailed said they had to do it fast as they were on a schedule and he could hear the dogs and cats screaming the whole time.

This is what I mean by a lack morality……..

In your first post, you implied that all gassing was like what they showed in the video.

I pointed out that there is listed procedures to follow so that it is not painful to the pet.

You finally openly admitted that they did not follow procedures.

So, the cruelty being caused, is not by gassing, it is being caused by people botching a procedure. Any method of killing an animal can cause that animal excess pain, if you screw it up. Lethal injection can be excruciatingly painful if you don’t injected them in the right spot. If you shoot them in the wrong place and let the flop around without finishing the job, then that is also excruciatingly painful.

If the people gassing animls isn’t following procedures, then escalate the situation with the regulating agencies in your area. Don’t try to imply that that is how all gassing is done, because it isn’t!!!!!!!!!

To do that is reprehensible, immoral..

As I said in my first post. People that haven’t had to deal with that stuff first had, do not have the real world experience to ground their morality in the real world.

To try to spread fudd about such situations as this is a demonstration of that lack of grounding in hard reality. I find it most repulsive to event contemplate spreading such crap about a serious subject. If it doesn’t make you feel sick at yourself for posting such fudd, then you have no soul.

End of line!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I couldn't watch the video, as Monday I had to put down my best friend at only 15 months. We were lucky enough to have a vet come right to our house.
I'm not sure why all the bashing on Breeders. Yes, my baby had to be put down do to A BAD BREEDER!!! But guess what? THIS WAS MY FAULT!! I did not know how to question a breeder, ask for a contract etc. Good breeders will do all of these and more. What people need to be educated on are puppy mills. These are the main problem, as they do all the things that a good breeder does not. Plan litters, only let a bitch have 4 to 5 litters before retiring her, raise them as indoor, house pets.
I have rescued dogs and a kitten from shelters, but I also do my part now in educating everyone how import it is to research a breeder or spread the word about bad breeders. If a breeder will not give you a contract, and references, RUN, do not buy an animal from them.
Yes, if you are just looking for a friend, Please go to a shelter.
If you are looking for a specific breed,Do your homework, learn from my heartbreak.

RIP Chiefy!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

That is truly sad indeed. Sometimes I wonder why bad things happen to humans. Definitely karma. How someone can take the life of a living being so easily is extremely beyond my imagination. And these poor animals live on instinct. They don't think like humans. We should know better.

I'm sorry to say this, but I want to punch 'em all in the face, these bunch of emotionless robots.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
There are hundreds of millions of psychopaths out there.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

The problem here is that the gas chambers will continue to be used due that the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) still condones the use of gas chambers.Therefore pounds will not stop using them. I am Canadian and although we have the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association...we follow what the AVMA says. We are on a fight to stop gas chambers in Quebec and I know in the States many animal activist are fighting for the same. Here is a link to Animal Law Coalition where a posting calls to take action against the AVMA to change their outdated information about euthanizing animals.. Please, it takes a few minutes to write to the AVMA to ask them to change it. There is also a petition on Change.org to urge them to stop the gas chambers. Here is the link to the petition: www.change.org...#?opt_new=f&opt_fb=t
I am an animal activist here in Canada and I do this everyday through twitter...ask people to sign the petition it is up to 2,000 or more the number of signatures. Please if you have the time click and sign. The moment it ends in the USA the moment it will end in Canada too.Sometimes it takes up to 40 minutes for animals to die and sometimes they are not fed or given water for 3 or 4 days before the day they kill them so like that they don't urinate or defecate in the box.The animals are supposed to be put to sleep before going into the box...but since there are no certified vets at the pound to inject the dogs...they are forced to put them in alive. In this video you just see dogs being placed in, but the sad story is that cats and other wild animals are placed inside. They are scared and they attack each other...it is a horrible experience to hear them cry and fight. Please if any of you are interested to know more about the gas chambers and want to do something about it please let me know. Thanks for your time.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NannersMom

Thank you for the link.

I'm headed over that way right now.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 30_seconds

Starred - very interesting post.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Sorry, I could not bring myself to watch the video.

We adopted both of our Catahoulas from high kill shelters. One in Louisiana and the other in Alabama. Most of the people we meet at the local dog parks also seem to have adopted animals from the South. I refuse to purchase an animal from a pet store as there are far too many dogs/cats in need of a home. This problem would be greatly relieved if people who were not breeding their animals as working dogs would spay/neuter them to prevent unwanted litters.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I am a HUGE spay neuter advocate for just this reason. So many die every single day because people WILL not get their damned animals fixed. I understand that it can seem daunting, the cost, but reach out, there are programs, almost every major city has some kind of low cost spay neuter program and many rescue groups will help if they can with the rest.

Unfortunately, I know far more people who think it is "unnatural" or who seem to have some weird and sick psychological attachment to their animals reproductive organs. (Especially the testicles, guys, they arent YOUR balls, the dog really doesnt care, honest)

Rant over. It just makes me so angry that so many companion animals suffer and die needlessly all because human beings cant get their heads around limiting population.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I think you should focus on the indecriminant breeding rather than dictating what livestock people should or should not buy at the risk of huring your feelings.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
OP, it broke my heart, but I'm glad I watched anyway.

While euthanasia can be attributed to America's massive pet overpopulation issue, there's simply no excuse for that complete absence of compassion.

If every individual stepped up and refused to carry out that practice, alternative solutions would have to be sought.

I know it's wrong to wish bad things on people but just this once, I can't help it: I hope every single person involved in that practice burns in hell.

And thankfully, we know all dogs go to heaven.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Warning .....................This is the truth, and it's not pretty........welcome to the red pill.

Well, now I see how the enemies of the WWII germans went down. The more you can fit into the gas chamber the less work on putting them into the dumpster.

It feels really really weird to actually hear the screams end within a second or two. And it seems so streamlined like they have a quota of 5 tanks a day.

But what else does a city do with dogs? Send them all to a tropical Island of only dogs?

Is life but dust in the wind, ? Or is life dust in the wind that believes in a deity....

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by quackersThe vet just stood there and looked at us as if to say pay up and no doubt if we had not he'd have been perfectly happy to stand there and watch us carrying it right back out the door again, so I got my wallet out. Not quite sure where the blame lies here but I suspect if it's anything it's proof that profit margins > compassion.

I hear vets are continually beset by people who expect the doctor to work for free. He's a professional, and deserves to be paid that way.

Anyway here in San Diego the shelters use decompression chambers, where they suck the air out of the box. The animals dies of suffocation. And then they sell the corpses to a rendering plant, where the animal is boiled down for its fat, which then goes into soap products. And the meat is turned into animal food, including dog and cat food. And probably hot dogs.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
When are we going to start putting human spawn ina box like that? I was looking for some things on you tube recently, and by accident, came across some sick things perverted humans like to do. I used to be anti abortion, but I'm rethinking that. I think everyone should be encouraged to have one, soon as they show up to a clinic about their pregnancy. There are too many human spawn in this world now. I know some will say, "Look at and start with yourself," but every day, I wish I wasn't concieved.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
...every day, I wish I wasn't concieved.

It ain't that bad. This will cheer you up:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 24-3-2011 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Our species treats life cheap.

There is a simple solution.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3646459fe8b4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

Until we get our "kill numbers down" I personally don't think anybody should be breeding.

Sorry 8 million beings, not things being killed each and every year is insane.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

So many die every single day because people WILL not get their damned animals fixed

Excellent post, I hope everyone reads it.

And for people out there that are afraid this will hurt Fido or Princess............after my third son, I had my tubes removed (they were already doing another c-section) not even tied, because I was afraid being supper fertile, I'de get pregnant anyway.

Being neutered is no big deal. I went through it myself and can testify your dog will not go through misery.

Letting your dog reproduce, the chances of it's puppies all finding good homes is almost zero.

If you really love your dog or cat for god sake get it neutered. I see 50% off all the time and if you get a rescue animal (like I did) yes Lucy costs me $250.00 but she came neutered, with a collar, leash, 2 big bags of food and toys out the wazoo from almost every single driver.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ba8533b44c2.jpg[/atsimg]

If you cannot own a dog or cat due to apartment rules, check the local rescue boards and offer to donate driving an animal to his/her forever home.

Usually they only require 1 hour of driving - my dog came from Maine to Illinois and it took about 16 people each taking a leg on the way.

These are the true heros and I send good karma to each and everyone of these wonderful people.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d01f3ca7050b.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join