It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The needle is too expensive most unwanted animals are gassed....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

A very interesting post. Thank you for sharing.

I have a story and it's going to be brief because it still hurts me deeply to talk about it.

I knew from on-line a man that the only job he could get was to gas dogs and cats.

He had to (notice past tense) drink heavily and do valium every night.

Finally he could take it no more and put a pistal in his mouth.

End of story.

X (I won't give his name) could not live with what we tax payers pay our counties to do.

This is a reality...............a eight million dog/cat reality.

Just simply adopt a "throw away'.

Yes, they may not be perfect, but you can go to obedience class, socializing classes, even get a couple good dog books.

Just saving one just one animal from being gassed, you have made a difference.

Your life than has meaning.

Strange but true.

Our Lucy from PointersRescue.org is a jewel, a true treasure. She is such a sweet little dainty girl. Scared in the beginning, but she is coming around.

I talk to her a lot, and go slowly letting her know that not all humans are bad.

A big thank you goes out to the 18 people that drove her from Maine to Ilinois over this last weekend.

These are the true heros...............on the front line for companion animal rights.

I have met 18 people that I would be proud to call my friend. They all are truely good, kind and moral humans.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

No, sadly enough this is not illegal, it's hidden from the public but the needle, gently floating an animal down and then out is too expensive.

Most are still gassed, it's way more economical.

Sorry but here in America $$$$$$$$$$$$$ talks and animals don't vote nor have a voice.

We are their voice.

No on the fence. You either witness the truth and then bare responsiblity to that truth or turn your back and ignore the plight of eight million companion animals a year's fate.

Sorry, the red pill is a bitch.
edit on 23-3-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I noticed you replied to almost everyone's post but mine. Why is that, it contained educational material?
Also to let everyone know, ALL of my animals which also include exotics are ALL rescues & always have been except for my Ranch Hands.
Cheers
Ektar

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

As the economy gets worse shelters look for ways to cut corners.

Gassing is way way cheaper............more than 1/2 than the needle injection.

Animals don't have a voice or vote so they don't matter.

We take them, use them, abuse them, throw them away and it's no big deal.

I look into my Lucy's eyes, who was due to be gassed.................she is such a sweet, gentle, obedient being, full of life, love and zest for life.

I am glad I could only afford one - but she will have Panera Chicken soup on her kibble, a nice big soft plushy bed, a crate because her first six years she spent in a kennel and is not use to or comfortable yet without a crate.

My Lucy will never want for anything again. She will never know hunger, a automatic water/feeding system or being gassed simply because she is not the latest fashion statement.

She will have the most plush bed I can afford, a warm coat for the winter, Panera Chicken & Wild Rice Soup on her kibble, a lot of hugs, kisses, massages and me telling her how beautiful and wonderful she is.

Yes, gassing is widely used.

BUT - We are talking eight million enities, beings being simply dumped per year because we keep making more.

Is this insane or what?

You answer that last question for me.

I have to sign off and sing Lucy to sleep.

Good night.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Speaking from experience.

The first couple is the hardest, then after a while, you just become numb to it. You learn and come to accept the fact that it is necessary. You don’t like doing it, but you know you have to anyway. So you try to make it as painless on them as you think you possibly can. You know that it is pointless crying for them because you can only cry so long.

I could try to describe the feeling all day long, but there is no description for the empty feeling that you have when you have to do something like that.

That is a fact of life growing up, and living in a farming community. The cow that you have seen day after day, year after year. The one that always bugged you when you was in the pasture. The one that you made the special trip to the barn when it was snowing to get another bail of hay so that they wouldn’t set around all night wanting something to eat. When the day comes, you have to put the gun to the back of that old cow’s head and pull the trigger. You try to get a clean one shot kill because you don’t want the cow to suffer while you try to line up a second shot.

On using gas……

If they are using good clean CO2, and they are applying it properly, it shouldn’t be painful. Most pounds have guidelines for gassing animals to prevent it from being painful. You have to up the gas slowly, because the CO2 acts as an antistatic and calms them. then you can turn up the concentration to finish the job. If you open it up to fast, then the strong CO2 concentrations will burn the eyes, and the lungs.

And a gasoline engine is not an acceptable CO2source!! Clean CO2 is what is needed!

I have had to put down a lot of small rabbits with CO2. If done correctly, they don’t get scared, or fight. They just get sleepy eyed, and quietly go to sleep.

I had one of my favorite cats that was missing for a few days. She returned limping with a broken leg. I could smell the rotting flesh. I could see the infection was too far for here to be helped. I knew she was in pain. I got out the bottle of CO2, and let her go to sleep. I didn’t like it, but I had no choice. Life isn’t fair.

Like shooting coyotes or other large predator animals. You don’t want to. You think to yourself, if I just scare them away, then they will leave me alone, and they will be free to live out their life in peace to. So you try all the tricks in the book to scare them away. You think it is working………. Until…… You notice a favorite dog, or cat missing. You may find a patch of fur. Then you notice a farm animal injured. Then you get you find the first cow that they killed. Then you realize that they have learnt that when you are not there, then they can roam free, and reek havoc. Then you learn the lesson that trying to have mercy on them is just putting yourself, and what you hold dear, at peril.

So, you get out your rifle, you sit out back in a dark corner, where they can’t see you. You wait for them to come. You take aim, and shoot them one by one. Males, females, and young. You don’t do it because you want to. You don’t do it because you don’t think they feel pain. You do it because you know that there is no other option. You have to accept that fact.

That is why when you look at videos like these, you need to keep that in mind. It may look heartless, but there is far more cruel ways for an animal’s life to end. Those ways are what these people are trying to avoid. They are doing it the best way they can. These people can’t put any emotion into it, or they would loose their sanity.

Like a meat packing plant. You think they like killing thousands of cows a day? You see videos and they may look like the people are sadistic, or heartless. They are dealing with the facts of life.

That is the hard reality that too many city people are detached from. That is one of the things I think is causing the lack or morality in modern culture. They don’t understand how cruel the world is, so they don’t comprehend how cruel they may be sometimes. They don’t truly comprehend what “bad” is. So they don’t strive to avoid it. As the old yen yang thing goes. A person that doesn’t experience that empty feeling of total horror in their sole can’t strive to avoid that horror and do what is right in the world..

The people that have dealt with the facts of life are some of the most caring you will find. They hate the feeling they get when they have to do unpalatable things, so they try to avoid it by any means necessary. But if you do force then into that situation by attacking them, then you are in for a world of hurt, because they will do what they must do to protect themselves. It is a lesson that has been ingrained into them. When they point the gun at you, then don’t for a second think they will hesitate to pull that trigger. Then have done it thousands of times before, on animals they have cared far more about than they have ever cared about you. They have hardened to a point that they have learned to suppress all emotion when they are presented with the situation.

I guess that is what they mean when they talk about hardened soldiers. If they can’t suppress their emotions and think logically in such situations, then they won’t last long.

Hum……….. The understanding behind such a situation (from the animal pound to the soldier in the field) is something that can not be taught in a class room. It takes real life.

Unless a person has had to take life, they can’t understand the emotion and the drive such a person, that has had to take life, feels to avoid that needless loss of life.

That is why… When I tell you to not waste food, and eat everything you buy. Don’t throw away the meat that came from the cow that someone had to kill to provide that meat for you. If you throw away something that so many sacrificed to provide for you, then that is truly a tragedy above anything that I could describe.

edit on 23-3-2011 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

Yes you are most correct.

My Lucy has enough food, two nice soft plush beds and a lot of other things.

Now consider, I did a post on some movie stars and CEO's making tens of millions of dollar a year while the people that do the real work, get your mcmuffin, coffee, daycare worker, janitor, etc make squat wages and most people reacted, so what - our entire system is run by psychopaths and insane.

But I will do my one little part and save just one little 45 pound Pointer from being another statistic. I gave up nail polish, perfume, books, wine, eating out, clothes - I put my money where my mouth is.

I saved just one creature from being another body in the land fill or worse................Save just one animal from being gassed, make a difference in just one life form.

Or contribute to a charity that feeds children and homeless.

PS: I do work at a homeless shelter twice a month.

It's called a random act of kindness, where you do something for someone/something (I hate that term thing - animals are beings) with no expectation of a payoff or recognition...........just doing something for someone else because it's the humane thing to do.

Believe it or not, when you help someone else out with no agenda it's better than a vodka martini or a valium - it actually heals your soul.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

What you describe is wrong and immoral - you know it and I know it.

If you have actually done this you have heard them screaming..............if that doesn't upset your soul you are not human.

I grew up on a cow/sheep/chicken farm.

I will not eat cow, sheep, baby animals.

Our chickens pecked our farm dogs puppies to death one day so chickens I don't feel too bad about.

BUT - If we are talking food animals, humans need animal protein. My doctor said the two years I went vegetarian my body went down hill.

So I only buy free range animals from a farm I inspected myself.

As far as dogs and cats - Stop the insanity. We keep breeding more and more and more and more puppies and kittens all the while we are killing eight million dogs and cats in the US alone.

Is this sane?

I feel like T'Pol on Star Trek, the world is going amok and many people haven't a clue.

If you actually can do this type of work and it doesn't affect you on a soul level, maybe you are souless.

My Lucy, who was just another throw away soon to be killed.

edit on 23-3-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Its time to make exotic pet stores, dog breeders and just any pet stores illegal, most of these places don't care about the well being of the animals, they just care about the green. We should make it to where if you want a dog or cat you can only adopt them from a shelter.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I have grown up around cats and dogs my whole life. I care as much about them as anyone you will find. You can not comprehend what it feels like to have to put one down with your own hands. To have a dog hit on the road, and you have to shoot him to put him out of his misery. When you have a dog that has learned to kill cats, and you have to kill him to save the cats you got left. You have no idea how much I abhor such stuff. But when you don’t have a choice, you don’t have a choice.

Do I hold the people at the pound responsible. No. They were given no choice. That is their job. If they didn’t do it, someone else would. The people that caused it are the people that allowed the situation to get out of hand in the first place.

The world doesn’t give you choices. As I stated. The world isn’t fair. That is something a person has to accept.

If you call that soulless, you have no comprehension of what soulless is………

Wrong and immoral….soulless…… Here is wrong and immoral…and soulless……….

Warning………It makes the video look like a PETA training video.

www.chinasmack.com...

www.chinasmack.com...tish-video-chinese-netizens-investigate.html

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I have a rescue, a 4 year old Staffordshire Bull Terrier called Yume (pronounced You-mee). This sickens me. How can we treat any living beings in such a way? It is only one step away from doing it to another human.

I'm always sickened by the American 'Animal Rescue Houston' etc programmes i see on Animal Planet and the like. They rescue these dogs that have been through so much, fix them up, then give them a bowl of food and shove a plastic hand in their face. If they so much as growl it's game over, the dog is deemed unadoptable and is put down.

This is horrendous!!!

I saw one recently where the dog was obviously very skinny and malnourished. At first it didn't react to the plastic hand getting shoved in it's face while it was eating and after a few minutes of it getting poked and prodded, it obviously got p'd off and went for it. The dog was euthanised. How do they get away with this? Can the dog not go to a loving home that is willing to work with it, to a rehabilitation centre that can help it? No, we just put them down. And these are supposed to be 'rescue centres'.

When I got Yume from the SSPCA I asked is she ok with other dogs, they didn't know, is she food agressive, they didn't know, is she good with cats/kids, they didn't know. I'm glad they don't test for that. They just want the dog to go to a good loving home where nice owners accept that they are taking a gamble on a dog that's had a hard life and can work through their issues together. I ended up with the perfect dog.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

[/qIf they are using good clean CO2, and they are applying it properly, it shouldn’t be painful. Most pounds have guidelines for gassing animals to prevent it from being painful. You have to up the gas slowly, because the CO2 acts as an antistatic and calms them. then you can turn up the concentration to finish the job. If you open it up to fast, then the strong CO2 concentrations will burn the eyes, and the lungs.

You didn't watch the video, and no the man I e-mailed said they had to do it fast as they were on a schedule and he could hear the dogs and cats screaming the whole time.

Before Mark blew his brains out, he said he heard the screams every night in his sleep unless he took two valiums and drank 1/3 a bottle of Jack Daniels. He couldn't find another job.

No, Mark said it's painful and as they are being shoved enmasse into a sealed box, they cry knowing what is going to happen, they can smell the death and previous situation.

Adopt just one shelter animal, make a difference - and do not support pet shops or breeders, not while we are killing tens of millions of innocent beings.

Sorry, I have heard first hand and knew a kind hearted man that could not adopt because he lived in an apartment that wouldn't allow any animals.

Mark shot himself, took his life................he said before it was a gruesome job, like living a hell on earth.

I don't mean to harp on this issue, but people need to be made aware of what their actions result in.

Getting a "animal" (we are all animals), is a lifelong commitment. They are beings with feeling and emotions. A lot of people say they don't have souls.

Well, my Odie had more of a soul than many people I have met.

His ashes will be buried with mine...............he might have been a throw away, but we saved him, and he lived 15 happy years sleeping on the couch, having low fat gravy mixed in his kibble, and when he got really old, soft canned rendered meat.

He was tucked into bed every night and told good night, he had a good 15 years.

Now we have another throw away, Lucy - she was scheduled in Georgia to be "put down" which is a polite word for killed.........we use polite words to mask what we humans are really doing in order to excuse ourselves and not take responsibility for our actions.

Like a dog, I call a spade a spade and don't make up pretty little flowery terms - I simply call it like I see it.

Sorry, Mark said it was the screaming that haunted him. It's not a peaceful death and it's needless if people would only stop breeding more puppies...................breeding dogs and cats while we are killing tens of million in America alone (I won't tell you about the forgotten dogs of the Middle East where Muslims hate dogs) is insane and wrong.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I totally agree...........good post. Wish I could give you more than one star. You sound like a really humane person.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by R3MYxISxBRUTAL

Funny you should say that.

History does repeat itself. Think of Hitler's Nazi Germany.

If there is one thing I have learned in my 58 years of life, I myself personally believe in reincarnation and karma.

What goes around comes around.

As above so below.

You throw a ball up in the air and it's going to come right back down.

I would really like to see dogs and cats adopted from shelters and pet shops and breeders halted until we clean up our shelters and don't have to kill our companion animals.

Dogs are closest to my heart, although I love kitties too.

Cavemen have painted dogs on cave walls hunting along side of them. Dogs helped humanity survive as a species, they alone sided with man.

They helped our ancestors hunt, even cuddled with our ancestor's children to keep them warm before central heat and bedding was invented.

We owe so much to particularly our hunting dogs and down south these yahoo "southern gentlemen" seem to breed em, use them, abuse them and toss them away.

Don't believe me Google Pointer Rescue and count how many hunting dogs (and my two Pointers I have had and now have will never hunt) are in need of a home or they will end up killed.

Snuffing out life simply because of over population is insane, disrespectful and plain stupid.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

What goes around comes around, it's called karma and for this lifetime, I'm experiencing "instant karma" because everytime I have messed up (and we all do) I've gotten a good taste of my own medicine.

I also believe in group karma because I think souls agree to incarnate as a group too.

Now whether one believes in the above or not, that is getting off topic, killing a animal simply because it is allowed to over populate is wrong.

Killing an animal, if done humanely for food is another matter...............I eat very little meat and I order from a farm I personally visited (about 1 hour drive from me). It costs a little more but the animals are allowed to roam in a nice pasture, they are fed organic food and are not shot up with growth hormones or other junk.

They are healthy and happy and than slaughtered humanely.

And I eat very little protein, just enough to keep my old body running. I don't waste, that's disrespectful.

Signing off, my rescue dog is calling me now to come give her a good scratch and tell her how beautiful and good she is.

Yes, I talk to my dog. I have found you can tell a dog your deepest and darkest secrets and even if they could talk, I don't think they would betray you, unlike many humans.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
[color=deepskyblue]I wonder how chucking puppies into the gas chamber affects one's psychological health?

That could never be my job...
edit on 23-3-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

You are right with this post of yours. However, what I am trying to point out is that we as a society are needlessly killing tens of millions of animals a year because people buy and support pet shops and breeders.

Many other people will not get their companion animal neutered/spayed.

After my third son I got my tubes not only tied, but removed because with my luck I knew somehow (I was super fertile) afraid of getting pregnant again and for me, even if I was raped, if a baby has 1/2 my bloodline in them, I don't care who the father is, they would live.

I made a educated choice, and decided after having three sons to be spayed - or neutered, whatever, I got myself fixed.

I tell you this so you people out there saying, oh but it a hurt fido, no, getting your tubes tied, even removed is no big deal.

No more puppies or kittens until we clean up our shelters folks - Please - life is too precious.

Showing disrespect for life, any life is wrong.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisturbedToo
I love my dogs and I won't bother watching...I can't bring myself to do it. My 4 are all fixed.

I can't watch it either. I love my cats... all were rescued from the jaws of trained cat-killing dogs after being abandoned in my area... and all have been spayed and neutered. Still got a little un-neutered orange guy running around my neighborhood who needs a home. He's very territorial and doesn't play well with others... and I'm out of space.
edit on 23-3-2011 by hederahelix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I've seen these videos - yes this is souless.

Now if you're a good conspiracy nut read David Jacob's "The Threat"..........maybe some of us are souless.

Look at my user name..............I did not chose this name nor my location lightly. My new avatar was also chosen to represent mercy and kindness to dogs (I also love most animals).

The people from Asia are wrong, anyone that tortures (Bush?) or allows torture is a bully and to physically hurt another is wrong.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

In other words, I treat every person and animal exactly like I would like to be treated.

And no, if I saw a grizzly bear (seen a small black bear up in Wisconsin) I would not get out of my car and come up to film it............wild animals are dangerous.

But, humanity must learn to become more respectful of our planet and the other inhabitants we share this third rock from a medium size star with.

Dogs have shown to truly be man's best friend...........they hunted along side of our ancestors and this is how we repay them.

Taking and using a species like those in the videos is really wrong, very bad karma.

But things are changing, slowly people are waking up and realizing what goes around comes around and we could have a heaven on earth if more people were kind.

The misery we have on our planet right now, we ourselves caused.

Not getting off topic............if just a few people reading this adopted just one small animal on death row, it would make a difference.

But, adopting a dog or cat or bird or bunny, whatever is a life long commitment - so study the breed, Google and learn what you are getting into first.

With Pointers and other hunting dogs, they require a big fenced in yard and or two long walks per day.

All dogs and cats need to be petted, touched and talked to - treat them like you would like to be treated if overnight you changed bodies with them...........think the movie Freaky Friday. That's a cute movie by the way I think. Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsey Lohan did a good job.

Treat others exactly like you would like to be treated period.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
We had to take a dog to the vet yesterday to be put to sleep. wasn't even our dog. It belonged to an old woman (on a state pension) and there was no way she could man handle a fitting 15 year old border collie. The vet wanted £75 ($122USD) to put it out of it's misery. The vet just stood there and looked at us as if to say pay up and no doubt if we had not he'd have been perfectly happy to stand there and watch us carrying it right back out the door again, so I got my wallet out. Not quite sure where the blame lies here but I suspect if it's anything it's proof that profit margins > compassion.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by quackers

How heroic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join