It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's with workplace drama?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Please excuse me for a moment. I have to get this off of my chest

The place where I work just recently went under same major changes a few years back, where the "Head honco" so to speak stepped down, and a new guy took his place. This new guy, lets call him Eric (not his real name) basically came in completely cock strong, talking himself up the entire time. (My favorite part is when he refers to himself as a "Type A personality" and uses that as an excuse when he goes off on one of his often-witnessed little hissy-fits)

Mind you, "Eric" is about 20 years older than I am, and I've been doing what i'm doing now for just under 8 years.

He's the kind of guy who loves to stir workplace Drama. He loves to be on the receiving end of all of the juicy gossip, then use said gossip to basically cause commotion in order to put him at the center of positive attention. (Basically, whoever is the "easiest" target, becomes the target, and he uses the "gossip" to rally the troops behind him)

And I'm just flat out sick of it. The "Target' seems to change, along with his given moods. But since giving him my piece of mind (i'll give it every time im asked for it) he seems to be muckin with me a little more than usual. (I told him that I thought his persistent involvement in workplace drama was extremely unprofessional, and was a constant matter of discussion amongst the departmental managers in the company...basically, we don't like you dude. Shut up.

Today was our big inventory, and we had lots of corporate drones prowling through our stores conducting an audit on our performance. Of course, there are going to be tiny mistakes here and there when you're dealing with tens of millions of dollars worth of merchandise. If there never were mistakes, then there'd be no reason for a audit, no?

"Eric" is going through his first audit, and it's becoming abundantly clear to the corporate auditors that "Eric" has no idea what he's doing, as they keep finding big mistakes, procedural errors, etc. So what does the little dick less bastard do? He tries to sell ME out. He tries to pin this bull-spit on me! As if I somehow were responsible for his workload.

Im setting here seething and I can't get over how pathetic and cowardly he was today. It's not a worry, there's no possible way I could have done the things he claims I did, unless I have his security credentials for our inventory system (Which, obviously, I do not)

But oh my God. How the hell did this guy EVER land this job?

Pathetic.
edit on 22-3-2011 by PrimePorkchop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
do you happen to live in north carolina?

that seems to be a common theme here -.-

that and they seem to enjoy hiring people who have absolutely no work ethic, while those of us with work ethic, sit at home and starve because we cant find work...

i feel your pain sir. hope everything works out for you in the end because karma works like the giant, sun sized comet that destroyed whatever planet goku and broly were fighting on in dragon ball z.
edit on 22-3-2011 by XelNaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
What you have is a classic workplace bully.

en.wikipedia.org...

Know that they cover up their own deficiencies by blaming mistakes on others, is a classic workplace bully tactic.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragon12

Yep, classic workplace bullying. Problem is, the more you stand up to him the worse it will get. You will be his pet target. Start documenting everything. Keep a daily journal, you may need it.

Study up on work place bullies, it can very enlightening and quite a relief to find out you're not alone.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimePorkchop

This new guy, lets call him Eric

Sir I did nothing to you... I'm saddend that you think I have wronged you... I don't know you, and never have I met you... What you have said is bearing false witness against me...

"Eric" has no idea what he's doing

actually your prolly right about that one... haha

Sorry, this was my idiotic attempt at humor...

In all seriousness:
Your situation sucks... If it was me in that situation... I would have told "Generic Eric" to go F
k Himself while he sticks this job us his..
ss and walked out... but if you got bills to pay you cant do much of anything... sucks... I believe in Karma and evil pricks like "Generic Eric" ...I hope they get theirs in the end

-Peace and Safety be with you
EvolEric
edit on 3/22/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join