It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First-hand account of activities at the CDC in Atlanta

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
A very close friend of mine is a leading Ph.D. at the Centers for Disease Control here in Atlanta. She was called away on a "mandatory meeting" of the brass and the topic of discussion was "What does the U.S. do with the people coming from Japan and how do we hold them?"

Begs the question: if the CDC is concerned enough to establish a plan for handling the irradiated souls coming from Japan, then either the CDC is being exceptionally cautious, or there is much more to the crisis than we are being led to believe.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

i would like to hear more.....

let us know...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Typically, contingency and disaster management and response plans are reviewed, validated, and revised in the aftermath of a crisis, when it's in everyone's consciousness and as new facts and scenarios come to light. Maybe that's all this is. Interesting to hear about though. Keep us posted if you hear more.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

Here's a link to a conference CDC held yesterday on the subject of the Japan situation.
www.medscape.com...

"...March 22, 2011 — In response to the crisis in Japan, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) hosted a conference call for clinicians to answer questions about treating radiation injuries in US travelers returning from Japan.

During the hour-long Clinician Outreach and Communication Activity call yesterday evening, Jeffrey Nemhauser, MD, who is a captain in the US Public Health Service and a medical officer in the CDC's Radiation Studies Branch, answered questions from healthcare providers about radiation exposure and treatment.

Dr. Nemhauser stressed that the CDC is not aware of any US travelers returning from Japan who have been "contaminated with material at a level of concern." If a traveler is contaminated, the CDC will recommend decontamination, collect data, and follow-up with the traveler, he said..."

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Maybe this will finally reveal the FEMA camps if they need a place to "temporarily" hold people while waiting for radiation test results?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Probably just a case of people actually doing their jobs and being prepared for the worst case scenario.

They are the CDC after all.

Thanks for the info. Keep your fellow ATSer's up to date if you hear anything more.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I hope they don't bring any diseases over...

It's happened before...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

I've been expecting to see a large amount of Japanese immigrants in the coming months..

And I would expect that we will see people being treated for radiation poisoning. Its obvious that things aren't going well with those reactors.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

Yeah I know.

With all that isolation between Japan and the US.

They are bound to bring new diseases over. Since no one travels between the US and Japan regularly, at all.

new topics

top topics

join