It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starve Yourself!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

nope, never!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by capgirl
reply to post by Doc Holiday

You know I was taught this by someone..you missed a three though....When you become stranded in the woods or lost....if you start to panic within three seconds...you are more than likely not going to survive.

How true that is.Then a bear eats you cause he hears your screams and locates you

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnicornsAreReal

Thank you! I very much appriciated the retraction

You are welcome,and myself,Jepic,I can survive on on beer for a month,so
bring it on ,man!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I agree with you, fasting is a really good thing to do for the body. My body has always been tiny except both times I've been pregnant I gain alot of weight and after a while drop it again. But I never ever feel healthier then when I'm not eating, I feel lighter, my stomache feels free I feel fresher and better then ever. Granted that the first few days are horrible and all you want to do is shove food in, but the fasting is great, and no it does not mean your an anorexic wannabe

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by capgirl

.if you start to panic within three seconds...you are more than likely not going to survive.

That might be close to about 99.9 % percent of all humans

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Try this experiment on yourself.
Don't eat!
For a day or two.
Just drink water.
I have done it many a time,yes I'm crazy,
but it will decrease your hungar pain to nil.
Also a great weight loss trick.
I started with just a big breakfast in the morning,then water and maybe some caffeinated drinks.
I got to the point I had to make myself eat.
I just happened upon it when a doctor precribed adhd meds for me cause my wife made me do it,
and went two or three days without eating.
Got,off the meds starting eating again.
But I didn't have to snack,eat regular ,and so on.
I'm good with A big breakfast,but not always.
Maybe a lunch,but hardly any supper,maybe a little but thats all.
So training your body to not crave food all the the time,but
when your body really needs it is a key to survival when SHTF and food is
scarce.
I know,I'm crazy,but something to try.
Other religions fast,so maybe there is something to it.

My dad always said, "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a pauper, and share your supper with someone else."
He is 70 and in much better shape than me. I experimented with eating every other day. I lost about 30 pounds but went off that cycle when I went on a cruise. Damn buffets!!!
edit on 3/22/2011 by Sparky63 because: Forgot to add my comment.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by capgirl

.if you start to panic within three seconds...you are more than likely not going to survive.

That might be close to about 99.9 % percent of all humans

Good,more food for me!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
How would you be able to work if you starve yourself? You'll become easily fatigued and tired. When I get hungry I almost get sick, and can get moody too. But don't starve yourself to lose weight it's pretty harmful to your body. Here's a guy that I found who lost quite a bit of weight just by eating potatoes for 2 months straight, and drink plenty of water too. Lost something like 22 pounds.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

Originally posted by kdog1982
Try this experiment on yourself.
Don't eat!
For a day or two.
Just drink water.
I have done it many a time,yes I'm crazy,
but it will decrease your hungar pain to nil.
Also a great weight loss trick.
I started with just a big breakfast in the morning,then water and maybe some caffeinated drinks.
I got to the point I had to make myself eat.
I just happened upon it when a doctor precribed adhd meds for me cause my wife made me do it,
and went two or three days without eating.
Got,off the meds starting eating again.
But I didn't have to snack,eat regular ,and so on.
I'm good with A big breakfast,but not always.
Maybe a lunch,but hardly any supper,maybe a little but thats all.
So training your body to not crave food all the the time,but
when your body really needs it is a key to survival when SHTF and food is
scarce.
I know,I'm crazy,but something to try.
Other religions fast,so maybe there is something to it.

My dad always said, "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a pauper, and share your supper with someone else."
He is 70 and in much better shape than me. I experimented with eating every other day. I lost about 30 pounds but went off that cycle when I went on a cruise. Damn buffets!!!
edit on 3/22/2011 by Sparky63 because: Forgot to add my comment.

Whole lotta truth in that,cause when do you expend most of your energy.
In the hours between breakfast and lunch.
You slow down abit after lunch,then supper you lay around til bed time.
If I eat a big lunch,I ain't worth a damn and sleeply,
so I tend to eat a light lunch.
Then drink my supper.

Porkchop in every beer,so I have been told.
But that depends on what is going on what needs to be done.
It gets done here. If not I have to answer to the boss(wife).

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shrukin89
How would you be able to work if you starve yourself? You'll become easily fatigued and tired. When I get hungry I almost get sick, and can get moody too. But don't starve yourself to lose weight it's pretty harmful to your body. Here's a guy that I found who lost quite a bit of weight just by eating potatoes for 2 months straight, and drink plenty of water too. Lost something like 22 pounds.

Low blood sugar. Happens to me on occasion.
Orange juice and a chocholate bar.
Folks,this is not advice to be taken lightly.
If you have a medical condition,by far ,
don't listen to our ramblings.
This is just MY personal experience.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I am in no ways doing this to lose weight!
It's just a personal observation into how my body reacted to lack of food.
Disclaimer: do not try this without a physicians approval.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I usually do a 2 or 3 day fast a couple of times a year. Seems it's that time of year again... thanks for the reminder. (starts tomorrow). Nothing but a little lemon juice and water for this guy.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I've done the occasional fast before and I even did a seven day fast once. If you mix in some psyllium husk and bentonite a few times a day and lots of water you'll be amazed at what comes out of your body. Freaking disgusting!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieWoof
I've done the occasional fast before and I even did a seven day fast once. If you mix in some psyllium husk and bentonite a few times a day and lots of water you'll be amazed at what comes out of your body. Freaking disgusting!

I can only not want to imagine!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
starve yourself?
lol, if you recomend starving yourself you obviously never felt real hunger and you never felt the result of not getting enough nutrition to your body. Not eating for two days will not give you the same experience then someone who is really hungry for a long long time.

I have a medical condition, won't go into depth on that, but the condition made it hard for me to eat or drink anything for 3 years. I'm not anorexic btw, other kind of condition. I also never got a 'hungry' feeling. I'm 1.6m tall and for 3 years my weight hadn't been over 40 kg.
For 3 years I had to force myself to eat through the day to make sure I had enough calories, which hasn't been more then 1000 calories a day. 1000 calories isn't that much.
After a few weeks you start to feel the concequences: tired all the time, dizzyness after physical work, weakened imune system, and all kinds of discomfort. In short, you aren't capable of doing much more then sitting, sleeping and read for a short while, because you'll soon find yourself becoming unfocussed soon when attempting mental work.
Nutrition alone isn't good enough, you really do need enough calories or you body starts to consume your own fat and muscles... and when that happens your not good to do anything at all.
And water? If you ever had a kidney crisis you know why you drink water!

I'm recovering and curently up to 1500 calories a day, weighing almost 45 kg again....the differerence between now and then is 'day and night' so to speak, with only an extra 500 calories a day! that's about one extra meal.

never starve yourself!
There is a saying "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger"
well in this case, when your deliberately starving yourself, it doesn't kill you, but it does weaken you and can result in permanent damage to your body.... it doesnt kill you right away but it doesn't make you a stronger person either.

If you wanna be in good shape when tshtf, then make sure you have enough to eat, nutrition and calories... or you won't be worth a damn and become nothing more then a weakened animal.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Not only will starvation make your body consume your own fat and muscle, in severe starvation your body will consume your own organs. For most of us it would take some time before we got to that point however.
Since we are talking about survival situations there actually is food available nearly everywhere at any time of year, perhaps not in the form you might prefer (pizza/burgers) but as roots, buds, insect larvae etc.

As an animal, man has the dentition of an omnivore - we are designed to eat a wide variety of foods much like bears do, When foraging, odds are that you won't find a large quantity of any particular food - perhaps a handful of leaves and a few grams of seeds. But as you do this through the day you will find it more like browsing than eating meals as you know them. This allows you to metabolize and digest your food more thoroughly and extract far more nutrients than you will by stuffing yourself with a large meal. Wild plants also generally contain far higher levels of essential nutrients than modern farm-grown produce and are better for you. By utilizing all edible portions of any game you take you will also be better fed than by eating any commercially raised animals.

Fasting is a good tool for health and can aid in meditation and spirituality. It allows us to ignore bodily impulses and concentrate our energies on things more sublime.

As GypsK has said be careful while fasting, it's not for everyone particlularly diabetics or those suffering from digestive disorders. Consult your doctor before fasting and don't think that it means not eating or drinking anything. There are different ways to fast including just drinking fruit and vegetable juices while abstaining from food that requires chewing. Water should always be drunk in quantity regardless of what type of fast you choose to do,

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I don't understand what a lot of you are saying on how it CONTROLS hunger. I cleansed my colon once and then it made me not want to eat. So I fasted for about a week. After a week, my body started craving food, but I still couldn't eat THAT much food. So, I started eating a little bit. I was literally eating maybe 500 calories a day for about a month and a half. After that month, my body pretty much shut down. I developed an eating disorder because my body just craved food like there was no tomorrow. Now, that was after a month, but still...

So I really think it's not taking away food. It's filling your body with that much water! Water controls hungar. The more water you drink, the less you want to eat. But still...EAT! If this is your survival technique, after a while, you WILL go insane. Trust me...I'm now so obsessed with food. I have to remind myself that I'm not hungry but my body (three months later) is still terrified that it won't get food. It is literally like a drill digging into my brain. So anyway, when it comes to long-term survival, Drink lots of water, eat a little less.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Breatherians -
there has been recorded people - who just live on air for long periods of time - months.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I've done that a couple of times. The first 2 days or so are the worst but after that you aren't even hungry. To me after that mark, I felt like id get sick if I ate. Its really not that hard.

Deebo
edit on 23-3-2011 by Deebo because: Grammar

edit on 23-3-2011 by Deebo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I used to do that before until it maid me really sick and in the hospital for about a week. i will never do that again why would people even think about doing that to there bodies i just don't under stand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join