It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iCub Robot learns from its experiences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I dont know about you guys, but Artificial Intelligence really scares the crap out of me... The Matrix, iRobot, and also Terminator movies all come to mind when robots/machines start thinking on their own... Heres 2 clips of it in action

EDIT: Accidently hit enter as I posted the headline... oops
edit on 22-3-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I'm glad that it learned from it's experiences but please could you post something that lets us all know what you're talking about

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Since nothing was posted Cleverbot is an instant message app that learns from experience.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I just don't know what you are talking about. Maybe you could clarify.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Yeah sorry about that guys... I accidently hit enter before anything was even in the main post...

Atleast it seems this robot doesnt have an independent power source and has a cord, so thats eases my worries a little, but it will only be a matter of time until robots are full scale manufactured with their own independent power source, and able to think on its own... Ugh I hope im not around for that day

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by xShadow13
reply to post by morder1

Since nothing was posted Cleverbot is an instant message app that learns from experience.

Not quote the same thing tho, a script to recognise certain keywords and reconstruct a question or an answer based on that keyword is far from learning to associate objects with names, and identify them in a real world environment where visual cues are all it has to rely on.

top topics

join