It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "I thought about it and it came to life" Phenomenon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I can't speculate on why it happens, but it has happened to me before. Most notably, I saw a cartoon when I was maybe ten years old. It's not a cartoon I watch regularly, I don't even know what it's called, and to this day I've only seen it twice. In the episode, these two kids were sharing a milkshake. One of the kids drinks the whole thing and says something like "My half was on the bottom so I had to drink your half to get to mine." The kid was drinking from a straw, though, which means he actually drank the bottom first. That made me think twice about it since it was a clever line that was actually wrong. I don't know why, but for some reason it stuck in my brain. About eight years later I was reminded of that scene. I have no idea what it was that reminded me of it, but I remembered that I was reminded because less than a week later I was at my cousin's house flipping through channels and I came across the show. I would've had no idea that it was the show, since this was only my second time seeing any episode, but it was the same scene I was reminded of the week before! I flipped to it at the exact point in time (give or take maybe 10 seconds) that I would've needed to in order to see that scene! Maybe it's just coincidence, but I think I'd have a better chance at winning the lottery than something like that happening. It's happened to me a lot with The Simpsons, but I watch that all the time and it's on all the time. This was a show that I only remembered one scene from the first time I saw it, and eight years later saw the same scene only days after being reminded of it.

HOLY ____! I just realized that the second viewing happened about eight years ago, and now I'm being reminded of the show again, eight years later! I gotta go flip through the channels!

Anyway, I just thought I'd share the story.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Well, it has been an hour...

My lap is empty, no Paris Hilton!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Honestly, I thought this just happened to me... Every time I asked "have ya ever felt...." I usually get a no. But I have had this kind of thing happen to me my whole life. For a while (while I was in second grade) I would dream the night before what would happen that day at school. I would guess that maybe it's still happening, and that as I got older I just don't remember the dream unless it is super vivid and strange. Could be like many said that there is a universal conscious, and that we are in a matrix of sorts, and that when it happens that we align with it and we experience the effect. And this who are psyic are more aligned then others. Like 2 garden hoses, when they are 10% alinged, then they get water " information" (normal people), 25% aligned they get more water "information" (deja vu) 50% aligned = way more information (psyic maybe), 75% aligned can control minor things, songs on radio or movies or tv shows (whatever this phenomena is called), 100% aligned would allow one to control the flow of water entirely (omnipotent)

Sometimes it is hard to come up with a response that isn't just "Me too" I always end up babbling. So if I did that, sorry.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

I agree. Sometimes it is truly just a coincidence. It's sure an awesome feeling when you think you have super powers though.

And I know this is incredibly off topic... but your avatar makes me giggle :]

yaaay memes xD

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I've heard the phenomena called a lot of things - coincidence, synchroncity, law of attraction, psychic awakening, etc. Whatever definition applies, I too have noticed an increase in those little wtf moments of connection, not only for myself, but also for others....

I've always had a penchant for the odd, bizarre, unusual, weird & unexplanable, so when those moments did occurr, I took my cheap thrill from it and went about my biz....but in June 09, 2 friends, my daughter & myself attended a weekend seminar in Atlanta, GA for paranormal enthusiasts...One of the featured guest speaker was a violinist who collected "haunted" violins...one of his pride and joys he shared with us had been recovered from a shipwreck (sorry...don't recall which one)....

Fast forward to Sunday afternoon end of seminar...Since my daughter & I had no extra $$ for spending + other obligations at home, we opted to head on home...My 2 friends decided to visit the Atlanta Museum's HMS Titanic exhibit....

FF 2 hours and 1 state later, daughter & I are on our hometown's main street waiting at a redlight...looked over at the storefront for a small antiques/auction house which displays items for upcoming sales in the window....Prominently displayed is an old original newspaper with the banner headline "TITANIC SINKS"...I pointed it out to my daughter & we both went "Hmm...wtf...what are the odds?"...

FF 1 hour later...Dropped my daughter & her luggage off at her place...arrived home myself, tossed my bags on the bed, kissed hubby & other daughters, kicked off my shoes, snagged the remote & turned the TV on...& yep, sure enough, just starting was Titanic w/ Leo D....

To this day I've yet to understand what the connection meant (if anything) or why Titanic, but I've paid extra careful attention since to all those wtf moments & they are on the rise...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I have never shared this before, apart from my partner and close friends.

I was living in Geneva, Switzerland, and I was very down on my ‘luck’, succumbed to pride and left my job and put myself and my girl in a bit of a rut. We had to move in to my best friends 8x10 studio apartment with our cat and dog.

Geneva being the place it is we found ourselves struggling fast. My friend also became unemployed and we were getting pretty desperate.
I have always half fantasised about getting rich easy and quick, the usual day dream of lottery winnings and wot not.

However, for me it was always finding an envelope crammed with cash, now with so much time on my hands I had a lot more time to day dream and the feelings of need rather than want came to fruition. I constantly kept expecting a small 'miracle' in the form of several grand in cash stuffed in an envelope.

You probably have guessed by now that I found an envelope stuffed with cash, I was gob smaked, several thousand too. I came down the stairs of the studio and bam, there it was a fat envelope placed on the back of a ledge in the entrance, tucked in the corner.
My heart skipped, it couldn’t be could it. I looked around, no one in sight, I picked it up and there it was, I was stunned - im sure I was physically saying "I knew it" out of arrogance no doubt.

I left the building and made sure I wasn’t followed, adrenaline pumping, sneakily flicking through I couldn’t work out what it was but it was a lot of it, that I knew, thousands.

I went to the internet cafe to identify them, were they rupees, dinars, what? Went to an exchange place (there are hundreds in Geneva), couldn’t get it identified by the closest three. I went back to the internet and found out they were from Afghanistan - Google - currency converter

Total amount converted, minus any exchange commission, 8CHF (€6 $8)
My heart sank, dejected even, then realising this could mean a lot to someone as there were a lot of refugees around the area the guilt kicked in, I went back home put my last 5CHF in the envelope and put it back from where it came, I then played with the animals and pondered on an emotional few hours.

I am now dreaming more specifically, I now dream in Euros and not just 'a large amount of (random) money'

Get what you ask for I suppose, just be careful/specific what you ask for and be genuine.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

The T.V part of this happens to me all the time. I'll think of a film that i havent seen for a long time and two or three days later it comes on T.V. At first i thought television might run on a cycle that i had somehow became aware of. A five year cycle or something. I dont know, im just glad someone else has experienced this too. Im not alone.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

Yes. I have been contemplating a "moral calculus," or a math based system to predict morality, and in the latest issue I got of "New Scientist," (Just today) lo and behold. Someone discussing that they have arrived at one.

Im not sure I think I am the "cause" of the thing appearing in the world, however. How could you ever get cause and effect straightened out?

Its probably more likely that "my" idea came from or was enhanced by the collective consciousness, than the idea that I manifested it into the world.

The latter idea is suspiciously egoistic.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mizd18
reply to post by Student X

I think we are all part of the collective conscious, but I'm not sure we are always plugged into it. When we are plugged in i.e. "in the zone" - things based on the OPs original premise happen all the time. The trick is figuring out how to "plug in".

Thats not hard. Well, not for some, its impossible for others.

You want to go swimming in the collective intelligence? Check your ego at the door.. "You" cant do it. But your pure conscious intelligence is always keyed in, it couldnt be otherwise. To the degree you are interested in a thing for egoic reasons, you will be forced to rely on your individual talents or lack thereof, to the degree your question is "pure" you can dip right in.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The other day I was picking up some stuff at Shopper's Drugmart, but also wanted to purchase some bananas and thought, gee, they ought to have some bananas and fresh fruit on sale. Two days later, a large sign was posted indicating that fresh fruit was coming soon to Shopper's Drugmart, but I hadn't said a word to anyone.

Carl Jung had a few of these stories to share, but the best one was the Scarab Beatle story - have to run now, might may come back and post it. There's also the plum pudding synchronicity story, also a good one.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

Well will you believe me if i tell you that i was thinking about that this morning?

I happened to me a lot in the past,but you are right,recently it happens so often that i have lost count.Apart from the everyday life events,i have noticed that everytime i think to create a thread on a subject,i come to ATS and someone has made it.The thread starts the day i think about it.

I only wish it worked when i think about money and give me some

top topics

<< 1   >>

join