It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "I thought about it and it came to life" Phenomenon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This has happened way too many damn times already and I finally decided to post a topic about.

And I've heard about this happening to other members on ATS before. Is it because of 2012? Or the Sun? Or the Universe? IDK!

But. The same thing keeps happening. Now, more so than ever.

Have you ever thought of a movie? Or a T.V show with a scene you remember? And then a few days, or even hours later it comes back on T.V or maybe through the internet?

Or Have you thought of something you wanted, or wanted to see something and then it finally appears? Or you happen to find people talking about it like it planted especially there for you?

It's so damn weird. This has happened, maybe in the early 2000's.... about 5 times. I would be like, Woah.

But now, in 2010-2011 years...this has happened over 50 times now. I'm not kidding. I would read about things and I'll think to myself "Yeah, I remember that.." And then an image comes in to your head. then a couple days, or hours later it reappears!

It happened again today. Today I was reading an ATS topic where this guy would see this Blob (it's an active topic now). As soon as i thought about it, I immediately thought of 2 T.V shows I watched years back. It was about Paranormal activity going on in a house where this Ooze would appear, and an Unsolved Mystery Episode.

Couple hours later I return to ATS and find "The San Pedro Poltergeist" topic. I look up the video on youtube... and to my surprise it's that Ooze I was thinking about. And be aware.. when I was looking up the san pedro poltergeist video on youtube... i had completely forgotten about the ooze part. I just wanted to see the part where the guy went in to the attic....

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
It could be possible free association... Matrixing...

That or you control re-runs on television with the power of your mind!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Ever read the book/seen the movie called "The Secret"? Was basically about, you hope for something to happen enough, it will.

This phenomenon happens to me on a daily basis!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It would explain why all of my ground-breaking ideas are implemented by other people before I have a chance to break ground.

Seriously, it feels like it happens. You think of something and later in the day or week it ends up worked in to a TV show that was filmed weeks or months prior. Which came first, I don't know.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Law of attraction?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
In all reality, the same thing happens to me with the awesome ideas I have showing up.

That being said, I am working pretty hard on visualizing Paris Hilton sitting on my lap right now.

Wish me luck!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I know what you are talking about. If you focus too much on it, it may stop though. Just go with the flow and it will get stronger then you may jump from a sensitive to a full blow psychic. It's natural.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

Perhaps there is truth to the idea that we create our own reality. The theory in physics which states that what we see comes together because we are looking at it - something about the smallest bits of energy that science is still studying - quarks, botons? I'll see if I can find more info. Deepak Chopra talks about it alot.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I think it's reality attempting to reunite and to be rejoined, after being sliced and diced up by Western thought tracing all the way back in the days of Plato and Socrates and their debate with the Sophists.

The will to meaning is being imposed on the world from a transcendant omegapoint of awareness.

Back in the days of old, when we were one with nature, it would occur through the forces of nature. THESE DAYS, it's the return of a symbol encountered in a video game or on youtube.

It's the world, as it really is, trying to break through and remind us that we're cocreative participants where the lines between subject and object, form and spirit, logic and emotion, circumstnace and meaning, are blurred.

Carl Jung said that when the mind is divided perforce the world and it's circumstance itself will be divided and split in two. The inverse corrolary of that is probably also operative, where when the world is united or uniting, it's circumstances will be rejoined and repeated, until the theme of life's meaning is resounded throughout all the spheres and eternity, whereby man is the very measure of the world of form and formlessness according to his perception of Quality.

An intentionality of fate in the unfolding of the life of the individual? Materialist-realists may scoff all they like, but some among us now have in our possession a sufficient amount of data, to realize and understand and appreciate, that a materalist monist Newtonian Cartesian duality, just doesn't pass muster, not any more.

The arrow of time must therefore be reversed, from

past -> persent -.> future

to

future -> present -> past

The question then placed to the self has become no longer "who am I"? but what process of creative action am I participating in, and what is the very leading edge of the very tip of my arrow of process, if not Quality as Excellence..?

As far as I'm concerned, the entire ediface of Western Thought and Civilization is about to collapse if it has not already, and we only have the faintest idea of what was lost, when what was lost was the supremecy of the Good, of Quality, relative to which a mere truth or a fact is but a minor detail.

edit on 22-3-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
my wife has introduced me to the idea of the collective conciousness....im sure most of you are somewhat familiar with. in short, that all minds. through the veil of maybe the 3rd dimension...are all part of the same force, capable of influencing, reading, and feeding each other. have you ever been with someone and been thinking something and the other person said it right before you decided to put it out there? i dont know what causes it, it might be nothing. maybe one day we will know

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

It's probably just your mind remembering the closest memory to the thing you saw.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

link   

link   
reply to post by xShadow13

Ah no, sychronicity if a very real phenomenon, well documented, and well outside such phenomenon or mere coincidence. It's real, and tends to coincide with psychic change and transformation. "Normal" people don't tend to have the experience, it happens to those who are seeking and on a journey, or, who are experiencing some sort of psychic crisis or turning point in their life. It's like mind and world rebooting together as they come into a new type of realignment. Such a thing isn't accessible to those who do not question what's "real" and who tend to accept all manner of social authority in their lives. In this way, American's are becoming blinded by the American dream, when that dream has no connection to Quality (with a capital Q). Increasingly alienated, and increasingly blind, to be "normal" is the final death knoll to the enlightenment that freedom was supposed to make possible.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

All the time. We are plugged into the Jungian collective unconscious aka the objective psyche.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Student X

I think we are all part of the collective conscious, but I'm not sure we are always plugged into it. When we are plugged in i.e. "in the zone" - things based on the OPs original premise happen all the time. The trick is figuring out how to "plug in".

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

I know it works, and I feel like I can make it happen, but it's extremely hard and takes a lot of time and effort (mentally).

My biggest issue during the financial crisis was money (no news there I guess). But after some intense mental focus over a period of a couple of weeks, opportunities to make money came out of nowhere. And not just once.

I made extra money on the side, to compensate for pay cuts, and we not only made it through the mess, but are better off today, than we were before it started in 2008.

Many will argue that it's coincidence, and maybe that's what it is. Maybe I found those ways of making a little extra money because I thought about the problem so much.

But what convinces me of "The Secret" or "The Law of Attraction" or whatever you want to call it, is that it literally came out of nowhere. Completely unexpected. Not a logical result of all my thinking. Just opportunities so unusual and unexpected, they don't normally happen.

Just my 2 cents :-)

I have to tell you though, since then, my focus has shifted to visualizing a world where we live in peace with each other, and with other beings - and I hate to tell you, it's not looking all that great right now!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by michea
Law of attraction?

I was about to say the same thing on here but you answered it for me...

I would like to say that I had this experience happen to me a lot in my life...the 27 yrs that it has been...
Has been great for me....

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This might sound crazy, but bear with me...

You don't think it in to being. You already know that it is coming. It's latent memory. Same thing with deja vu. You already know it is coming, you just don't know how you know it. You have already seen what will happen in your life, so you think about it and then it happens. You KNEW it was coming, on a subconscious level. We have all seen exactly what we will experience, and we "signed up" for it, so to speak. You see your life before you live it, that's how it works. That's why your life "flashes before your eyes" when you die. That's when you really understand what you did right and what you did wrong, where you failed to live up to your potential and do what you needed to do to progress.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

The Secret is just a creative form of victim-blaming and self-soothing. "I have good things because I want them enough; other people suffer because they lack something in themselves".
edit on 22-3-2011 by sepermeru because: clarification

top topics

<<   2 >>

join