It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than a handful of small quakes in SoCal within the last hour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Near Los Angeles and San Diego, looking at the USGA map with the red squares, there has been a number of small quakes in this area...

What does this mean?

Is the big one to follow after these small tremors?

We will see...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Haven't felt anything here in LA.

Quakes under 4.0 happen all the time in our region so I don't think it would be an accurate tell of something to come.
edit on 22-3-2011 by raiders247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by usaman1983

Like you said we will see. But I doubt it. EQ's happen in California everyday. This could very easily be 'normal'.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Looks like you guys are having a bit of activity tonight , thank God they are only small ones
keep an eye through the night, but looks like the usual tremors
weird how they are all lining up though

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I look at these maps a lot... there is an increase today on the map, but nothing major... can't tell if it's a sign of anything until after something happens, so we shall see.

Seeing so many red spots on the CA map is never a good thing, even if most are small....

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Greetings usaman1983:

I just have one question? How is it that today's date is the Tuesday March 22 2011, yet the link is Wednesday March 23 2011? Time Warp.........

trinity369

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by trinity369

Greetings usaman1983:

I just have one question? How is it that today's date is the Tuesday March 22 2011, yet the link is Wednesday March 23 2011? Time Warp.........

trinity369

Because some people on ATS exist in different timezones. For me, it's March 23rd right now.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

There isn't anything even slightly abnormal on this map. California experiences hundreds, sometimes thousands, of small earthquakes every day. No big deal.

Now if all these small earthquakes STOP suddenly and everything goes quiet for a while - THEN you can start ringing the alarm bells. Until then: *yawn*
edit on 3/22/2011 by Outrageo because: typo

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by trinity369

Greetings usaman1983:

trinity369

Great question, I just realize that til now, UTC is universal time I believe....

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo

There isn't anything even slightly abnormal on this map. California experiences hundreds, sometimes thousands, of small earthquakes every day. No big deal.

Now if all these small earthquakes STOP suddenly and everything goes quiet for a while - THEN you can start ringing the alarm bells. Until then: *yawn*
edit on 3/22/2011 by Outrageo because: typo

That kinda happened yesterday... look at how much blue there is compared to yellow on the map. THEN look at the red.

Try this link:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

It puts things into perspective usually.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
just went to www.usgs.gov and they are only showing 1 earthquake within last 24 hours .... its a 2.2 at 5 pm near Pinnacles, CA

same map as you but dont know where that 1 you have came from. can you link to the page its on?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The info in the OP is CONFIRMED. Except there is only 198 reported earthquakes on their site now.... the red square a smidgen NE of San Diego is missing.... odd

EDIT: earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 22-3-2011 by CoincidenceX because: added link

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I've been watching the map all day as I do everyday and all you have to do is look at the list to see there are many more EQ today than in the previous days. There were a lot yesterday too. Odd is how they all popped up in the same hour today.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

All on minor fault like things are either being pulled or pushed at the same time. It lit up with a LOT of red squares in a short amount of time.
edit on 22-3-2011 by favouriteslave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Its normal. Normal, normal normal. Sorry I can't be nicer, but since Japan's quake, this is like the 5th thread of people looking at USGS for the first time thinking CA is having more then usual quakes. Latest EQ's in the USA The list currently stands at 784. I've seen it higher then that many times.

Go check out the Quake Watch thread, they know what they're talking about!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I'm about 15 minutes away from downtown L.A. and I haven't felt anything, but the small smattering of these little quakes is curious to think about.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
yeah not any big one just a lot of little ones that happened at the same time. Very curious. Normally its a red square here and there all day. A lot at one time is weird but probably not unheard of. 3.3 in Nevada this last hour.

Like someone rammed in the west coast and slowly smooshed everything east. All on smaller faults. Perhaps they are absorbing the stress. Better them than the San Andreas. I'm fairly close it I think. Actually 31 miles SW from it.

edit on 22-3-2011 by favouriteslave because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join