It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If We Are So Free, Why Do We Post Anonymously?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I hear alot of people carry on about how free we are, and how much better we have it then other countries. SO I ask. If we are so "free", why do we post anonymously? Why must we join a group in order to have discussions about the possibly conspiracies about our country, our leaders, even our own planet?

Many peoples concerns are dis-info agents, and possible ABC agencies looking, watching, waiting, for us to share our thoughts and then find a way to derail them, or make us seem like crazy tin foil hat wearers. When you as a person, say that you are lucky to be "free", what does that mean to you? What does that reference?

Are we closer to a monarchy? Or we just fooling ourselves?

Before anyone answers, please really think about what makes you come here, what do you do for your computer in order for you to remain anonymous, and if you are concerned with others finding out you frequent a site like ATS. Also I wanted to mention that there is even an ATS store, if we purchase the products, are we not silently alerting other members as opposed to telling the world that we are members here? Like being in a secret group.

What are the real chances of actually accidentally seeing another member? This is world wide. I of course know about the concerns about some crazy people out there, and I am of course not saying to give out your address, but this is something that I have been wanting to ask for a very long time, as I am secretive with certain people about my involvement here, and had to second think why that was.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I f people think they are free here in the USA obviously they haven't done any traveling lately..We have dropped on some poles as low as #13 in human freedoms...most have us around #11 though...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I just think it is imprudent to give away too much of yourself.

CIA's 'Facebook' Program - The Onion

It is really uncredible how people will gladly give out so much personal information that identifies them.

We live in such a harsh and incaring world!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Fear of attack from "officials" and sleepy sheep mostly. Lets face it even here, with people who know that things are wrong, any debate over the state of the US is only a microsecond from an all out flame war.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
There are some nutty people out there!

Peeps all worried about the Gov., should be worried about their fellow peeps.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
i wouldn;t mind wearing an ATS shirt. OR an END THE FED shirt, where that right of the bat tells anyone who comes across what I think,

This woul;d go more to the point are you secure enough to tell your family your belefs and thoughts on certain matters that might not be well known? Then would you tell your friends?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I still do whatever the hell I want. No problems here. As long as I am not hurting myself or anybody else. I will continue doing what I please even if it is against the law. If I get caught, oh well. I am a very private person, so I enjoy being anonymous. It is not to hide my views from TPTB, it is so some lone nutbar does not come after me for my views. I wouldn't want to have to hurt anybody protecting myself and my family. Common sense.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I've been at this for what seems like a few 100 years at least, and I have embraced the horror of our situation!

When I shop at Walmart, I try to find all the occult-illuminati symbolism on t-shirts and hats, and I buy those!

I wear a real tin foil hat on Halloween with my 9/11 inside job shirt, just because the other folks in town allow that on those days... viva la free-dumb!

I make grown men cry after 5 minutes of talking to them about how free they think they really are, just try BUYING a home in America, like out right, cash in hand OWN with no mortgage.... go ahead, I'll wait.

Let me know how FREE you think you really are after you get your ridiculous land tax bill for a home you own free and clear. They tell you, "You have no choice" when it comes to property taxes.... why not? I have total free choice, I just might not live through that protest, but I do have a choice, and so do we all.
When they tell us we have no choice.... punch them in the face, then ask them to repeat that last statement.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
On a bit more serious note, I think it only wise that people be aware of information about themselves, online. Numerous cases of people being con sequenced for actions on social networking sites should alert anyone to the dangers of being too public. Yes, we do have our rights to free speech, but must also remember that our actions will elicit consequences (positive/negative/neutral) and decide accordingly. Maintaining some part of an anonymous identity helps shield those who may reap those repercussions in their "real" life - jobs, families, friends, etc. This is a politically correct world right now (at least in the US) and what you do and say online, will reflect upon you, if you allow it to.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I blame the liberals.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I don't really know anyone whose interesed in the topics brought up on here and most of my friends think I'm completely crazy for believing half the stuff!

I personally feel free to post my ideas and theories on ATS and feel comfortable sharing my views with both people on here and in real life. I can understand why some members wish to remain anonymous, however I really don't think posting on a consipracy site could result in the men in black knocking on our doors to have us taken away - short of someone posting actual footage of themselves high fiving a real alien captain of some mothership

I think a lot of people are getting really close to the truth with things like 9/11, UFO coverups and ancient civilizations and being part of ATS gives us the freedom to collaborate ideas and discuss current events without the worry of ridicule or sounding crazy

edit on 22/3/2011 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
You are secretive because you know that your friends do not have the depth that you do. My guess. They would say prove it and you would only be able to prove it with other information which would not prove it for them. And they would think you silly. So you do not share because you cherish your friends.

Be patient. Sooner or later people around us in physical life will begin to question. And when they do you will have a few answers here and there. Answers are no good with out the questions.

Are we closer to a Monarchy? I believe so. We are brainwashed with our celebrity culture. Trained to follow the lives of those who are depicted as better than us, more vibrant, more talented etc. We are made to thrill at the lives of royalty. Stars and athletes are the royalty given to us. There are clans through out this country that form, not because of locality or ideals but because we like this show or movie or that star. All these trends follow the pattern of monarchy worship. Feudalism. We form vassal states of the mind around these princes and princesses of intertainment and politics. ( sorry I just got off on a rant there)

But back to your observation about anonymity. I wouldn't worry about it. By the time they got around to coming for any of us here, they would already have started with the great big shovels for everybody like in Soylant Green.
I've been on a list since 1970, when I lost my career choice and was booted out of college under the wheels of Operation Chaos. I worried for years that they would come and get me. They didn't. They just kept me out of their system where I might have had an effect. When I tell that tale to friends their eyes just glaze over momentarily and then ask me "What was that about hats?

So now, speaking truly is what I try to do. Speaking the truth I believe to be beyond me at this point as I have searched for it for a long while and it just keeps getting away. So I speak truly when I think it might matter and truly when I know it doesn't. I talk about hats a lot.

new topics

top topics

join