It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iPad 2: Wife Says No, but Apple Says Yes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
A bit of feel good and humor in the tech world today. In the midst of countless legal battles with Microsoft and a host of organizations over who knows what all, this short story shows that not all at the tech giant Apple, have lost their sense of humor and charity.

Apple's focus this week has been to troubleshoot all the iPad 2s that customers are returning to the stores. One iPad came back with a post it note on it that said "Wife said no." It was escalated as something funny, and two of the VPs got wind of it. They sent the guy an iPad 2 with a note on it that said "Apple said yes."

source

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
edit on 23/3/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

What do you know! Apple really wants everybody connected.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
that made me laugh!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
That's pretty awesome, made me laugh

It's good to see there's still human beings behind business.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Very funny indeed.
This kind of PR is nice to see.
I bet the ads will run with this concept.

"...Wife says no?.....Well we say yes...
Get an Ipad 2 now, only $200.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This made me crack up!

AWESOME!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
time to upgrade, from wife 1.0...
if she only knew the apps could augment her life in ways she'd never know. and it doesn't have to vibrate...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Wife says no, apple says yes. There's a biblical joke somewhere there.. not to mention irony.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I lol'd at that one. Good for apple VP's, not to shabby, not shabby at all

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Ok, i gotta admit i'm an iDevice user, but, this story doesn't add up at all.

Lets break it down:

- Guy buys ipad 2, it was available on Friday 11, he got it that day or next week, not earlier, and this has to be an in-store buy because apple takes weeks to deliver when bought from the online store, it takes at least two weeks from purchase to final delivery.
- Guy sends back with a post-it note, if this was done via fedex, it should take at least one day to come back to Apple, which means it was returned to Apple Monday/Tuesday in the following week, unless he went to the store and returned it in person that same Friday.
- How fast do you think they escalated this to the "VPs" from when the device was returned? he had only four or three days next week 15/16 to 18.
- Story broke on macrumors on 21, which means it had to happen in a 3/4 days lapse, Apple does not deliver that fast, so we are to think that the guy got it on the 11th, somehow he returned it by monday and got a new one back before Friday 18? look there are tons of people going all crazy trying to find a store which has ipads available, people are inline for hours only to be sent away because stock is out, and are we to believe this really happened? what about the refund? are they so fast to process it in a couple days? i don't think so.

To me, this looks like a pr stunt by Apple, that or the guy still paid for it and sent it back to himself, while coming out with this story to hide the fact.

Anyways, is not that important really, i just hate when someone lies to me and expects me to follow up just because it is a nice 'white' lie.

Enjoy your iDevices, i sure do

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
funny story....

I would like to try myself.....to see if it works for me

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

Glad to see I'm not the only one who is skeptical. In addition to the concerns you raised, the story makes it sound like Apple got the last word, but doesn't the wife always get the last word?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I was one of the biggest critics of apple and the Ipad if you don't believe me I refer you to my last couple of posts about them just to prove it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Since that time I ended up buying an Ipod Touch mainly because I just wanted a new mp3 player but I liked the thought of browsing the net on it as well and nothing else quite hit the mark.

I'll not say I'm an apple fanboy or anything as I still don't like the way they lock the things down or try to squeeze profit from everything but I have softened considerably towards them and have close to 300 apps to do basicly everything in my pocket now and I find it so useful I'll probably buy one. the fifth gen models when they appear.

I guess this article shows their not all bad although I still think they are greedy but their technology and the app store in particular are excellent.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
In addition to the concerns you raised, the story makes it sound like Apple got the last word, but doesn't the wife always get the last word?

Good point, everybody knows that in real life, nobody has ever been able to stand against the wife, and survive to tell the story

Maybe they should have rephrased that "Wife allows Apple to say yes"

edit on 23-3-2011 by Kaifan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Doesn't sound like something apple would do (I work for apple technical support). Although in training i was told that when the iphone was first released in the T&Cs it said something about "apple owning you're soul" and only 3 people notices so Apple gave them a free ipod touch i think it was... so i suppose its possible... More likely a marketing thing though...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I actually laughed out loud when I read that
Some people in business still have a great sense of humor,

top topics

join