It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meme experiment. How much influence do we as individuals have? Meme project!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Sorry to burst ur bubble dude but this has already been done.

The result was New Zealand, Maybe we should stop this experiment before it happens again

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Sorry to burst ur bubble dude but this has already been done.

The result was New Zealand, Maybe we should stop this experiment before it happens again

No, I think that was Old Zealand.

The New one seems to be working out fine now that it is not so focussed upon sheep.

My guess is, you'd be an Aussie.

I'm an Aussie by birth but like the lifestyle, climate & a particular girl here.

Cheers, even if I'm wrong!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

LOL yes Im an Aussie, well spotted.

wasnt having a go at kiwis, most of em are cool people (kinda like mini Aussies) but dude ya gotta admit most of em do talk funny, and they hardcore ones I know really do say stuff like "thats unteresting" and " hes so untelligent".

OMG... I just caught on..... how long have u been in NZ? uve picked up some of the accent havent u? LMAO ur trying to make the world sound like you so people will stop givin u grief.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Yes, perhaps that's it!

Although, luving here, I heve noticed thet the strongist Kiwi ixcent is more noticeuble in "Southerners" & I luve un the North Island.

Tha peopil here don't usually puck me es an Aussie, though, they oftin thunk I may be Brutish, you know, from Unglind. Giss I jist don't have the rite Strine speak.

Funny, but I cen hear my Aussie axint and when I commint on saying somethung un an Aussie way, the people here look at me all cunfused.

edit on 19/4/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
A little about New Zealand for those Americans.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

LOL I sympathise with ya dude, lived with 2 Kiwis for awhile.

On this MEME thing, Im not sure if this fits in with what ur trying to do but I would like to create a new word.
The word is ISMISM or ISMIST.

It would be used as a blanket term for anyone with any predjudices an example instead of calling someone a racist you call them an ISMIST.

I got the idea from a comedy sketch I saw awhile back that was saying all the problems in the world today are caused by ISMs or ISTs.
RacISM
SexISM
CatholocISM
JudaISM
IslamISM (yeah I know its not a word but didnt want Muslims to say I was being biased by leaving em out)
ExtremISTs etc

The guy gave alot more examples but I cant remember them all, I think this would be good as it doesnt in any way validate what they think it just lumps them in an all inclusive moron group.

whats ya thoughts dude?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

LOL I sympathise with ya dude, lived with 2 Kiwis for awhile.

On this MEME thing, Im not sure if this fits in with what ur trying to do but I would like to create a new word.
The word is ISMISM or ISMIST.

It would be used as a blanket term for anyone with any predjudices an example instead of calling someone a racist you call them an ISMIST.

I got the idea from a comedy sketch I saw awhile back that was saying all the problems in the world today are caused by ISMs or ISTs.
RacISM
SexISM
CatholocISM
JudaISM
IslamISM (yeah I know its not a word but didnt want Muslims to say I was being biased by leaving em out)
ExtremISTs etc

The guy gave alot more examples but I cant remember them all, I think this would be good as it doesnt in any way validate what they think it just lumps them in an all inclusive moron group.

whats ya thoughts dude?

That reminds me of a quote from Ferris Bueller's Day Off, you know, when he's in the shower:

Ferris: Not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Great Idea.

Would someone who wasn't an ismist, be an inismist, or an unismist and should we capitalise to clarify things (i.e: "I think that Joe Bloggs last post was highly ISMist and what he said last week is definitely ismIST"!)?

These things are vitally important to sort out early.

edit on 20/4/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

LMAO

I knew the comedian ripped it off from somewhere I just couldnt remember where.

Thanks for that, may have to rewatch the movie later

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I think they would be unismists so for the purpose of this thread they would be inismists

Grammer has never been one of my strong points so not sure but I would say the caps go at the back, Im basing this exclusively on the fact that it desnt look right when put in front

The only thing I hate moe than ISMism is ismISTs

hmmm but now the I in ISTs looks like an l (the first is caps i the 2nd is little L)

Damn its alot of work getting a new word ready for dissemination

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Yeah, I agree that ismIST looks better from a typographical point of view.

By the way, Signals posted previously where he introduced with; "Hello Above Top Secretions". That was damn clever and should also fall into the meme basket too.
edit on 20/4/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Meme's arent forced lol, they just happen.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rirb106

I dont think were forcing anything.
Were merely coaxing it out from its hidey hole.
If you read above ismISM has been around since the early 80's!!

But then again you would know this if you werent such an ismIST

edit on 20-4-2011 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

reply to post by rirb106

I dont think were forcing anything.
Were merely coaxing it out from its hidey hole.
If you read above ismISM has been around since the early 80's!!

But then again you would know this if you werent such an ismIST

edit on 20-4-2011 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

I love you

Why do people have to rain on our parade? Can't we have a little fun? Remember, when whatever meme that comes from this thread becomes extremely famous, everyone will say they helped starting it

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
At first I was inunterested in the whole idea. After reading a few replies and seeing the struggles from the englishists, I though I would give it a shot. Why not? I am a trained court reporter and a wordsmith basically. I untend to give it a bit, so you might see some pretty untersting replies around here. Fun.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
OK all you haters out there, I checked the definition of MEME

A meme acts as a init for carrying cultural ideas, symbols, or practices, which can be transmitted from one mind to another through writing, speech, gestures, rituals, or other imitable phenomena. Supporters of the concept regard memes as cultural analogues to genes, un that they self-replicate, mutate, and respond to selective pressures.[3]

It doesnt say it has to be natural only that its imitated and passed on. So saying you wish to create a MEME is correct both grammatically and conceptually.......... SUCK ON THAT HATERS

Im keen to follow in the OPs footsteps and start the ISM/IST thing. Do you guys think it would be better to start a thread first or to hit the religious forums and just start replying to people that their all stupid ismISTs who are never going to free themselves from the shackles of ismISM and then after that follow up with a thread?

Any thoughts help would be appreciated

P.s should the word begin with a capital?
IsmIST...ismIST....hmmmmmmm........

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I think capitalisation of the first letter should reflect sentence structure.

Is ismIST a noun, adjective, participle or preposition? Could it be dependent upon usage? Your thoughts, please.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

While I speak and write englishes very goodness I have no idea what a noun or those other words actually are (sadly Im being serious).

IsmISM would be used in the place of Catholocism, Judaism,Capitalism, Fascism etc etc and I think your meant to start them with caps.

IsmIST is used instead of communist, buddhist etc basically it would be used to describe any follower/s of any IsmISM.

Im hoping someone who has better knowledge of syntax (is that the right word? Im trying to sound a bit smart now coz Im kinda embarrased I dont know what a verb is:duh
)maybe able to help out know Ive described what the words IsmISM and IsmIST are replacing as it would follow the same rules.

As a side note, as mentioned before Islam doesnt have an ism in any of its spellings that Im aware of but it does have its fair share of extremism and fundamentalism. Besides, would be rude of us not to include all religions as they are all IsmISMs.
edit on 22-4-2011 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I have already called someone an ismIST in the "Evolution FALSIFY IT!" thread.

Lets see if we get any takers.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

LOL Ive used it a few times, no replies asking "what does that mean?" so I think people understand

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join