It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drinking beer in court... for DWI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
On a lighter note...

I found this story pretty funny, apologies if it has already been posted:

www.nbcnewyork.com...

Seems this guy showed up to court to face charges of DWI, beer in hand. Apparently he also had a few back-ups in his bag (gotta keep that buzz going).

Reminds me of a quote I once saw: "I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a drunk. Alcoholics go to meetings."

The judge even commented on his "liquid lunch." Classic.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

One time I went to court and pretty much everybody in the waiting area was drinking.

I couldn't believe it. lol.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This would be funny if it were not so sad.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
so the guy goes to court drinking and more than likely already drunk for a DWI...WOW!!!...its people like this that should be locked up for a long time til they can at least come to realize that other peoples lives arent a joke and that people that he could kill obvisiosly not caring much for what he could do to other people and their families...until he learns to respect mortality then lock em up...screw treatment programs they wont work. not for someone like this

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Poor guy. He obviously has a huge drinking problem if he is going to court for a DWI and is drinking IN court...

I hope he gets the help he needs. Not funny at all

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

famous local qoutes heard by me....

Can't be drunk all day if you dont start early...

and

"Have you been drinking?" Yes....is a frogs butt water tight..

both peeps spent the night...weekend in jail

Moral is don't tempt law dogs...like the guy in court

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
He obviously has a huge drinking problem if he is going to court for a DWI and is drinking IN court.

I was just thinking, his drinking problem might not be all that bad. A lot of people get quite nervous before their court date and the morning of it they are going to feel like a drink more than they would on most days. Also some people are facing the prospect of going to jail besides just job loss or fines etc. and would be quite stressed. The ones who figure they are going to prison for sure would likely want to get one last drink in before a long time of sobriety.

I guess it numbs the whole experience.

Maybe that's why so many had alcohol in the waiting room the time I went, although at least most of them were trying to hide it in soda bottles/cans.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Poor guy. He obviously has a huge drinking problem if he is going to court for a DWI and is drinking IN court...

I hope he gets the help he needs. Not funny at all

It's sympathy like this that has allowed problems like this to continue.

2nd DWI should be mandatory jail. And I don’t mean three days. And subsequent convictions should carry increasing jail times.

new topics

top topics

join