It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military flight over central Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
at 5:53pm central time over Seguin, Texas I heard a noise unlike regular jet or helicopters which are usually in the area. At first I thought it was one of the WWII vintage planes flying around so I went to the window to hear/see. I saw a flight of 5 planes heading S or SE. The center plane looked like a large private jet with an engine on each side of the rear fuselage. It was flanked by 2 darker colored fighter planes (single engine) on each side. To the N and NW is Ft. Hood. Usually when I see aircraft, usually choppers, they are flying to San Antonio where they are loaded onto transports. I've never seen a formation like this here nor going in the direction they were. Anyone else out there see or hear what is going on?

Mods please put this thread in the appropriate forum.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Randolph AFB is right there, not far from the area. They fly the T-1A Jayhawk, which is a derivative of a civilian business jet and sounds like from your description what you saw in the lead. And is normally painted white

They also fly T-38C aircraft in two different dark paint schemes.

However, around the time frame you mentioned, there was a big production at the base for the 50th anniversary of the T-38. I'm betting you saw a show formation with the T-38 that was painted all white, like they used to be, and dark T-38's flying formation with them. Or a T-1.

They also fly T-6 trainers, which are prop driven and have a white and dark blue paint job. The can sound a lot like a P-51 from WWII.

They also fly a 737 airliner out of Randolph, but it doesn't match your description. Here are all the aircraft in formation:

www.flickr.com...

Nothing too nefarious.

edit on 30/303/11 by bossracer because: added info

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Twice Ive seen a vintage military plane. I know nothing about planes, so i couldn't even begin to tell you what kind it was, But it Was REALLY loud and circling the area pretty low. Loud enough for me to run outside and see wth it was. It happened months apart from each other.
Last week 2-3 times a day military helicopters were flying over with at least 2 in the group. It was freaking me out because you usually only see that maybe once a month, not several times a day.... but it hasn't happened since last week. I'm in the hill country.

join