It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATF gunwalking scandal: Second agent speaks out

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I wonder what state you live in. In Oklahoma we can get guns and vests pretty easy. The largest gun shows in the country are in Oklahoma. The military surplus stores in Oklahoma and a number of other places sell both military grade armor vests and helmets. The price for an AK style rifle is around $500 on up. An AR variant is starting around $800. Ammo is only perhaps 10%-20% higher than last year. This is due mainly to the federal reserve debasing the currency in my opinion.

I guess it depends on where you live. Oklahoma is working hard to bring back open carry. It is already a concealed carry state. If you want a weapon without a lot of hassle buy it from a private sale at a gun show. That loophole as the feds like to call it is still wide open.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

i was having a hard time finding a good quality vest with rifle plates and inserts they are not cheap and with everything quality depends on price.

my own personal choice while surplus stores do offer those things are you willing to bet your life on them---i am not.

there are good deals at gunshows i will not argue but with them you do not know the firearms history or reliability and agian thats something i am not willing to bet my life on either.

my original comment i was trying to say that the so called guns being used in mexico cheaper guns can be found elsewhere and drug cartels have other means of getting better weapons that they would in the us and alot cheaper.

gun price and ammunition prices are outrageous in my opinion and a gun is useless if you cant afford to buy it or cant afford to buy ammo for it or theres no place for you to even get ammo for it.

a gun is also useless without ammunition.

cost and ammo are other forms of an outright gunban,

just saying here.

i live in a small town in indiana its a class three state when i can own a machine gun if i wanted to pay $20 to $60 thousand but where i can't own a simple automatic knife.

indiana is also i open carry and a concealed carry but i do neither.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

Hows the real estate out there I am feeling a move coming on.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DrCarter

Thanks mostly to the Oklahoma native American industry (gambling) and the oil industry, and a huge medical industry, and defense industry Oklahoma is one place in the US that still has jobs and fairly low prices on most goods and services including food which we grow a lot of but also fuel, and other products including land and homes.

There is a hard core libertarian conservative streak running through here and more Churches than convenience stores.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude

This confirmation of the gunwalking scandal makes it pretty clear to me that the Obama administration is using its police agencies to stimulate the problem of gun running into Mexico to make the people demand tougher gun controls. If they can make the problem bad enough they I think hope to increase pressure to create a more intrusive and increasingly draconian gun sales tracking system. What do you think?

As much as I despise Obama...Bush I, Bush II and Clinton.....the ATF (AmeriKans against True Freedom) has been around for quite some time as the premier terrorist organization in this country. The POTUS is nothing more than a figure head.

Rather than things getting better, they are getting worse. We now have the TSA and DHS breathing down our necks with money they steal from us every year via taxation.

Mass murderers all agree, gun control works wonders! Just ask Mao, Hitler and Stalin.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
It gets better.

Among the nations represented in apprehension statistics are the four countries currently on the State Department’s list of “State Sponsors of Terrorism,” Cuba (712), Iran (14), Syria (5) and Sudan (5), as well as Somalia (9), Afghanistan (9), Pakistan (37), Saudi Arabia (5) and Yemen (11).

Link

Buckle up your Burkas and cinch your bomb belts, we's gonna have us a rumble soon.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

My concern here is that if they fuel gun violence deliberately using this gunwalking then we might face a greater level of scrutiny in the gun control measures.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join