It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wow!!! Rumbling noise over Edinburgh, Scotland.........................

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Like a plane but not going anywhere? Dude I was stargazing here in Canada, ON, and I heard that sound for 30 minutes straight, at first i was like w.e Friggen plane, but couldn't see it, the sound didn't go away, it was weird. It was so loud to, it was around 1:30am-2am. I remember getting tired after it went away.

Last week I read a thread about it, and thought it was complete BS, I even commented saying those who heard it are crazy...but look how that turned out.

I don't think it's from the sky, but from underground, I think the tectonic plates are acting up, low low mild tremors, still doesn't make sense though, going to keep an eye open and have a mic ready for my next stargazing (tonight) if I hear it, I will start a thread called weird sounds in the Canadian skies.

Anyone have any clue what the sound is? (no magic or metaphysics crap) only answer in real scientific terms and data sets, magic doesn't exist and am tired of getting that as my answer when I ask a question.

Keeping posted, peace

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I didnt really think there was anything to this but more people are claiming to have heard the sound, then i stumbled on this vid www.youtube.com... and if this is real then something is going down.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Is this been edited? I heard this in Edin also a few days ago.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
im hearing a strange sound right now over stirling, sounds like somthing flying in a circle, its almost similiar to uav's/drones ive heard before.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Hi Shauny. I've been searching the Internet for some explanation to a noise over Edinburgh last night/this morning and come across your post from a few years ago.
At 4.40 this morning. Noise exactly like a low flying helicopter seemed to go right over my house (I'm in Corstorphine) VERY slowly.
If you are in Edinburgh you will know what's it's like here now, helicopters flying over every 2 mins 😡 But this was 4.40am and something about this noise made my dog howl and cry the whole time it was audible- he has NEVER done this before.
So it went away and all was quiet then, at 5.05 it came back. I was outside having a ciggie and this noise was very loud and seemed to be directly above me, it was as if it was moving but never very far. Like a low rumble echoing from every direction as if I was surrounded by the noise. I stood outside for 10-15 mins and the noise did not stop or even become quieter in this time. While I was outside a taxi pulled up and the driver got out looking to the sky to try and find what was making this horrible, disturbing noise. Neither of us could see a thing.

What was this?!

Sorry to bother you with this- I'm hoping someone else heard it and felt I had to put it somewhere on the Internet!

a reply to: shauny

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Could it be just an ordinary aircraft...circling around and around for some reason?

Maybe a trainer or flying lesson plane, turning circles above you?

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Qwerm

Yeah...right.

Strange then that when i look through my telescope at other moons and planets, they all happen to be spherical and not flat.

SO, it's just Earth then is it?

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Do they service plane engines at Edinburgh airport? Could it be an engine throttle test?

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mairi
But this was 4.40am and something about this noise made my dog howl and cry the whole time it was audible- he has NEVER done this before.

I think you might have answered your own question here. As you say it was out of place, at 4.40am, your dog would likely have thought this was strange because of that very reason. It's the same with thunder, a dog might have little problem with it during the noise of the day, but in the middle of the night when it's breaking a silence it sets them off.

Having said all of that, I have heard some pretty strange things over the last few months, and I'm nowhere near Scotland. I'm in the East Midlands.

I work pretty late and I have a bad habit of staying up until 3 or 4am a lot of nights, and when you hear something rumbling loudly that doesn't immediately sound like a plane or a helicopter you do start to wonder.

However, most people also don't know that air temperature affects sound and how it travels. People also don't often understand that our perceptions of sound change depending on other sounds too. A sound you're used to hearing all day long might suddenly seem entirely strange or sinister when surrounded by silence.

This is why so much "Haunting" happens at night, our entire environment changes and every little squeak becomes something entirely different.

Logic would say they're planes. Just average, everyday, run of the mill planes.

What's the alternative?
Aliens? If so, why have pretty much all supposed UFO sightings come with the statement of "no sound was heard"?
Threatening craft from other countries? If so, why were the RAF not scrambled?
Drones? Most drones don't make that kind of noise, certainly nothing louder than a passenger jet.

So, what's left other than passenger planes misidentified?
And how is a forum like ATS going to reveal a solution to the mystery?

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: PickledOnion

Do they service plane engines at Edinburgh airport? Could it be an engine throttle test?

Good suggestion!

In actual fact, we have a large train station near here and I often hear them working on the trains or the track late at night too. When it's colder these sounds travel a lot further.

Seems like a logical explanation.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Just the other day I read in a science article that it is possible to cloak the entire planet with laser technology. Just in case a malevelent alien race is in search for an easy target.

You can assume that an advanced alien race visiting our planet has the technology to cloak their warbirds. Can you imagine humongus alien spaceships hanging cloaked above the most significant cities in the world.. Ready to vaporize..where did I get that idea from..?

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Just the other day I read in a science article that it is possible to cloak the entire planet with laser technology. Just in case a malevelent alien race is in search for an easy target.

For that to work you have to know one piece of crucial information first...what direction the aliens are looking from.

Since we don't know where they are, we can't aim the 30 megawatt laser in their direction...

OP..another idea, unless it's been said already..is rolling thunder. What d'ya reckon?

edit on 2 4 2016 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterXAssumptions.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Mairi

It was a HM Coastguard Sikorsky S-92 Helibus.

This one, registration G-MCGL.

www.jetphotos.net...

See playback. Remember that the times are in Greenwich Mean Time (1 Hour behind local time)

www.flightradar24.com...

From

www.flightradar24.com...

Also visible on Planefinder when you use the replay function.

planefinder.net...

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Sorry peeps...
I just forgot about this.
Heard it 100 times since and it's none of the above, or mentioned.
This was 2011....Here we are in 2016 and it's Global.

Crazy.

PS: Sorry I never sent the sound to anyone

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
ive heard this too in minnesota a few times, its like only i can hear it, its steady sounding like an airplane defying the physics of sound.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: shauny
This was 2011....Here we are in 2016 and it's Global.

How is it global? Have you been around the world to study the frequency, volume and persistence of these purported sounds? Have you even confirmed that they are actually being heard by people and aren't simply imaginary or hoaxes?

I haven't heard many stories about unusual sounds, and being a member of ATS for as long as I have I would have thought that if this is some kind of pandemic as some suggest we would have seen a lot more about it.

I think this can probably be put down to a form of mass delusion. People are desperate to find a mystery, something unexplained, when in reality it doesn't seem as though many are hearing anything, and even fewer have any evidence for the claims they make.

If you're hearing something strange, get out there and record it, then maybe people can compare or even identify what these sounds actually are.

I have a feeling people won't do that though, mainly because many of them aren't being truthful, and many also don't want to be told that it's just an engine test at the local airport.
edit on 11-5-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join