It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 11 as never seen before

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
High-resolution images of Apollo 11's Moon landing on 21 July 1969.

link to BBC site with 9 new pictures.

john

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Awesome Pictures...

Why are they just being shown now? Where did they come from all of a sudden ?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
These pictures aren't really new. I've seen these exact pictures lots of times, and every time I see them I just wanna go to the moon that much more
Remember the US has had Hi Def photography alot longer than we have. Just look at some of the Atomic Bomb pics and movies, they are very high qualitiy as well.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Awesome! Thank you for the reminder.

The History Channel had a show on last night about Apollo 11. I had not seen a lot of that footage.

Those were the good ol' days!

jra

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The original link won't work for me, so I don't know how high res the image(s) were, but this site has tons of them and they keep adding new ones. They have photos from all the apollo missions and then some. It's a great site and there are high res versions of each photo.

www.apolloarchive.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Awesome? Sorry, I don't want to be a party pooper, but this is all "Stock photography" displayed by the media over and over again.

When I get home and find the time I shall post for this and other reasons, the Apollo photo-journal.

So that you all can see the complete archives, and thus amaze yourselves with just thousands of pictures from each mission.

I found a very interesting one from I think Niel who walked about 60m from the lander to the crater he had to avoid (the one that conspiracy dorks say was a welcoming party of aliens), and the picture just makes you realize that Apollo 11 was more than stepping outside and milling about.

new topics

top topics

join