It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura Wakes up the Audience on "The View"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
reply to post by skeptic_al

I don't get your comment? I despise the View and Despise most of the people that watch it because that means they agree with most of the dis-info on that show. HOWEVER: Some people really believe their Country would NEVER do what they're doing.

It's like a faith thing. Omg... could you imagine if it came out that Jesus didn't walk on water? People need as I do to believe in something. Something good.

Jesse doesn't need to talk to the people that have *woken Up*. We've already started the grieving process for the continued death of our Constitution, our rights, our minds. Jesse needs to talk to people just like the *The ViewSheePle* Even if 1 person from that audience get's it... or get's sooo pissed off that they post the video everywhere and Jesse wakes up more people.

It's quite simple, right?

I like Ventura, don't agree with his choice to chew the fat with.

The View is nothing but a really bad joke
They get people on to talk about serious subjects and all they're interested
in is what di chalie sheen said or what's Paris Hilton is not wearing.

And Jon Stewart, I like but
He always takes a serious subject and turns it into a Musical Comedy

I'll add some Others
Fox & Friends, what a bunch of over paid brain dead drongoes that have
absolutely no Idea what is happening outside their own studio.

Glenn Beck, e'nuf said about that

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyed

Yes I have to agree with most that replied to your post. He's doing a fantastic job.... he's not just out there running his mouth...That's when people question things... He show's us the Money!!! He lays down the black and white facts...proof. He's waken a lot of people up because for someone like Jesse who was a Gonvn/ special navy forces...etc..etc... people respect him. If he's saying it...maybe it something they should look into and examine his facts...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

I get what you're saying..without a doubt! Those shows and the people behind them are garbage...but..the fact remains people watch them! Those are the people we are fighting to wake up. Again..you don't preach to the people that already get it... you preach to the people that don't.. and hopefully the ones you smartin up, tells their friends and their friends and so on...........................

I've opened a lot of people's eyes to what happened. *people that are Republican I've opened there eyes...* GOD.. I deserve a purple heart for that one... hahahahah~

thanx skep

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

Your post is insulting...

If I'm understanding what you're saying... because he was in the WWF (or whatever) he's a clown? He couldn't become President and do a good job?? What are you saying to people..? He was a wrestler so therefore??? He was a wrestler and he lost his mind? If anything you make his case...cuz he WOULD KICK all their ass's and body slam Bush/Obama right out the door...!!!

The Moral to the story is this........ People do things in their lives ... they grow up and start doing other things... sometimes people do really really bad things and then change themselves around and start becoming what this society needs them to be... People aren't perfect... people continue to grow and learn...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

I dont trust Jesse "the body" Ventura anymore than i trust Alex Jones.

Some of you people are ridiculously naive. Obviously, the result of ignorance of how the world really works.

Simply reading philosophical texts like Nietzsche, Spinoza, Machiavelli, Hobbes, Bacon, or for that matter, lookng up the religion Alex Jones' prodigious Texan family upholds (he claims his family were one of the original founders of Texas) Calvinism, will graduate you to a more sophisticated understanding of the world.

People never want to understand that. It is nothing else but cognitive dissonance to want to trust Jesse Ventura. Frankly, a Former Navy seal, radical leftist wrestler, governor of minnisota, and now conspiracy 'exposer' should be enough to indicate that this guy is simply an opportunist.

Philosophy is where the answer lies. Because i have bothered to study philosophy: both religious and secular, i now understand that unfortunately, appearances are designed to be decieving.

The people in power DO NOT have a conentional, judeo-christian system of morality. Good, is not always what it appears on the surface, and same with evil. lying, can serve a good end, and therefore justify the act of lying.

I have no definitive proof that Jesse Ventura is lying, but nonenthless i assume he is. I base this assumpion on the reality of the gnostic/pagan religious disposition of the establishment.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

funny you mention philosophy as I have been recently exploring Leibniz, Hegel and Neoplatonism in order to explore this from another angle. I was amazed at what I found. So much that is is put out there for us to 'eat' is just empty calories to keep us distracted from the real meal.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

Leibniz and Hegel are very good reads. Though, i think to get a deeper look you should read Machiavelli (also read strauss' 'thoughts on machiavelli'), Thomas Hobbes Leviatan and Nietzche. CG Jung, HG Wells, Marinetti, Orwell, William James, also give you a very clear picture.

In the end, it all can be traced back to Machivaelli, and his contemporary Francis Bacon. Both were philosophers who dealt with political realities. Both were very much influenced by the pagan traditions of Rome (and thus the Neoplatonists, gnostics etc) and were interested in resurrecting those ancient conditions, albeit, as Machiavelli explained in a "new mode and order".

Governments arent interested in being just, but as Leo Strauss explains, a "judicious combination of justice and injustice". They are naturalists. Just as nature is both good and evil, and likewise man, so to will his government be good and evil. Evil, for creating "new modes and orders", and good for maintaining those orders.

This is why Machiavelli specifically attacks the bible and in his 'discourses on the first 10 books of livy", treats livys history of ancient rome with the authority of the bible. Livy is his portal into the ancient Roman/Pagan order, the pre-biblical order, an order which was typified by politics, liberalism, and essentially the same social values held today.

Whats happening today, happened in the ancient Roman empire. The downfall of Rome Machiavelli explains was its multiculturalism, which it failed to control. This same multiculturalism affects us today (in regards to western countries. This being especially pronounced with large populations of Muslims in America, UK, France, Germany, Netherlands, Canada, Australia). The leaders know full well that theyre simply replaying an old process that was played out 2000 years ago in Roman Times.

Likewise, the Romans were masters of using rhetoric, often calling for 'peace' between two enemies, as a way to control both groups and continue the conflict between them (see Israel/Palestine conflict as the pristine example. Peace talks which began in the 60s and continue till this day, with no progress, but infact, degeneration)
edit on 25-3-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

I will have to expand my reading to include Machiavelli and totally agree about Wells and Orwell who were in my library before I even had an inkling of the doings behind the curtain.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Just to play the devil's advocate for a moment, it's possible Barbara Walters only asked the same questions that most Americans who have never heard these theories would ask. The reporter's job is to ask the type of questions that you and I might ask, so as to get clarification from the person being interviewed. It's good to see how the person being questioned responds to such questions. It helps determine how knowledgeable and trustworthy he/she is on the subject they are pushing.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
i dont know if this was noticed by anyone else but i saw this exact same thread like 5 months ago but it is good to see it is still a point of interest ;p
original thread

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

Machiavelli is one of the deepest thinkers i have ever studied.

He wrote his prince in 26 chapters; the 26th of which deals specifically with the new 'prince' or monarch. Essentially, the new mode and orders he came to establish (he thought of himself very much as an unarmed prophet).

26, if you arent aware, is the numerical value of G-ds name in the Hebrew language (YHVH). It is also the value of God in English.

He in other words was interested in transferring the power from G-d, that is, biblical ethics, morality, and conscience, to man; with his sinfulness, capriciousness, and desire for glory/power.

Leo Strauss alludes to this in his thoughts on Machiavelli. He mentions the importance of numbers to machiavelli and how he employs this throughout his writings. Of particular significance is 26. 26 in the discourses deals with the subject matter of the prince (that is, a monarchy, as opposed to a republic). He goes on and on an about 26, without ever explaining what Machiavelli meant by employing the number 26.

Obviously mentioning a mystical idea like Gematria was a little esoteric for his treatise.

If you want to better understand Machiavelli, i suggest you pick up strauss 'thoughts on Machiavelli". A very interesting read.
edit on 25-3-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
He would look a lot more credible if he cut his Hair off again. Now he just looks insain. I love the his show and what he is doing but for the love of GOD, CUT YOUR F@#$ING HAIR. lol

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Jesse Ventrua is ood up into the 9/11 nonsense.If anything the only possible thing is the U.S. knew about a threat and they played off it in politics and never did a thing to stop Bin Laden.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
There you go, defamation of his character. Jesse did have a bright, crazy, flashy, controversial wrestling character, but so what? Pro wrestling is show biz to a large degree. Did you know that one of the smartest wrestlers out there is Mic Foley, you know, Cactus Jack? You're expecting us to look at his "Hollywood-ized" character and assume he's stupid. That's like looking at Forest Gump as a real person. Moving on.

I would like to see a Jesse Ventura, or a Ron Paul go into presidency. At least these guys care about truth and freedom. At least they cover the real things that need to change. We need unwaivering people like this in office. They aren't scared to talk about things other politicians won't even cover.

Troy

I defamed his character by posting a picture of him? Him being president is not a possible reality. The picture (along with many others), might be enough to stop it from happening. I'm a big fan of his, and Ron Paul's, but adding Jesse Ventura to the ticket would be worse than adding Palin to McCain. I love what he stands for, and would definitely like to see an American President represent it, but no one will elect a president that openly states that the government routinely lies to us and 60,000 people died in Vietnam for no reason. Think about it. They will use his past to defame him and smear him worse than any other candidate has been. We need to deal with reality, and not just what we hope and dream for.

Ron Paul has a small chance of winning the next election, and as the US crisis continues his chances get better. Add Jesse to the mix and you would do more harm than good. IMO, it's a cool "what if" kind of thought, but it won't/can't be a reality and it bugs me that so many people here are being serious about it.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GlennCanady

i really fell sorry people that believe everything the government says

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

i really fell sorry people that believe everything the government says

Ignorance is bliss to them.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I don't normally like writing hey that was fantastic thanks for sharing posts. But I have to this time, thank you! Being in Australia i do not know a lot of US history but that Thomas Jefferson quote he used is amazing and something I will always remember. Jesse, if he ever reads this we have a saying here from a now dead political party and i think you are upholding it. "Keep the Bastards honest!" Thankyou!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dwmjr1985

Those who profess such a retardedly stupid doctrine are always the first to fall, and the weakest and most ill prepared in the face of evil.

Wisdom, is knowing and preparing for the future. Meaning, Wisdom necessitates knowledge.

Any person who chooses ignorance to knowledge is so deserving of what will come to him.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Anyone else notice that he is the ONLY one without cards? They all keep looking down at their "notes"!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The Hegelian Dalectic which is the system of control which in essence controls both sides of the coin. In our case Republicans and Democrats.

We have a choice of either Coke or Pepsi Cola....but both are controlled an in essence by the same people whom are in control aka the ruling class.

Which is why we WON"T see Jesse Ventura running for, or let alone being elected President. The funding necessary to win originates from those in control.

What Jesse does contribute to all of this is conveying to the masses what really has been going on and who really controls and calls the shots.

Planting the seed so to speak, allowing the sheeple to begin to contemplate thinking for themselves.

Which is the only way in which to get people thinking outside the box and outside of our tired old paradigm called bipartisan (coke and pepsi) politics.

And thus awakening the masses of disillusioned Americans who continue to believe that they actually can change things by voting in another bought and paid for presidential candidate.

What did Albert Einstein define as insanity ?

"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Which is American politics in a nutshell...

I recommend getting off of these boards which is another GOVT ploy to keep us occupied with, and read his books....and truly denying ignorance.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join