It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Glenn Beck Reveals Case of Economic Terrorism (planned by SEIU)

page: 2
16
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
there’s plenty of money, it’s just in the wrong hands or it’s just in the hands of those greedy bankers and politicians.


The One Thing they will not discuss, CAFR...www.abovetopsecret.com...

CAFRs: The Biggest Secret $60 trillion invested by US government www.abovetopsecret.com...

[UPDATE] Biggest Game In Town !! CAFR www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.cafrman.com...

cafr1.com...

sounds to me as if this is being used to plant the idea that the upcoming collapse of the economy was caused by the unions, so "we'll know who to blame for it" while the greedheads laugh at the general stupidity, all the way to the bank.




posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Meh.

God forbid I turned on Glen Beck on the radio during my break today which i never do anymore...and this is what I heard. He gave a brief description and then said to check out the blaze (his news website)to find out all the information. Oh, and make sure you watch at 5pm on Fox News! It's another can't miss episode!

Basically during the radio he was crying, "you can take my money but you can't take my liberty/pride"

He's still saying the same garbage he was a year ago when I quit listening to him.

Virtually every stance he takes, regardless of what it is, is to defend the major corporations and billionaires. You'll never hear him defend working americans, the unemployed, or other victims of this disaster...he'll only demean them. Amazingly it's those same people that make up his audience.

I knew after I heard it a thread would pop up here about it. "The mainstream media will ignore it!!" he says. Only he will report this!! Tell your friends tell everyone!!

It's the same crap he's been doing for at least 2 years now.
edit on 22-3-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176
 

I got sick of the repeated gold ads....same ones over and over....ad nauseum. And Goldline is a rip-off I understand.



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211
 


Probably because the messenger is a sensationalist that enjoys his ratings.
Don't take my word for it. Check it yourself.

Sometimes you need to look at the messenger.
How people have not figured this out after all the hoaxs on ATS is beyond me.



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger
 

Personally, I favor unions for corporate enterprises....to balance the playing field between labor and capital (the abuses in the late 19th century were terrible). But I do not favor public unions (ie local, state and federal government workers) who are already welll paid with excellent benefits (including pensions). I do believe that contracts have to be honored (like promises made to the military for health and retirement benefits, etc when they enlisted to serve) but we have to be cognizant of the costs going forward and their effect on governments being able to stay within their budgets.



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Meh.

God forbid I turned on Glen Beck on the radio during my break today which i never do anymore...and this is what I heard. He gave a brief description and then said to check out the blaze (his news website)to find out all the information. Oh, and make sure you watch at 5pm on Fox News! It's another can't miss episode!

Basically during the radio he was crying, "you can take my money but you can't take my liberty/pride"

He's still saying the same garbage he was a year ago when I quit listening to him.

Virtually every stance he takes, regardless of what it is, is to defend the major corporations and billionaires. You'll never hear him defend working americans, the unemployed, or other victims of this disaster...he'll only demean them. Amazingly it's those same people that make up his audience.

I knew after I heard it a thread would pop up here about it. "The mainstream media will ignore it!!" he says. Only he will report this!! Tell your friends tell everyone!!

It's the same crap he's been doing for at least 2 years now.
edit on 22-3-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)


Glen Beck, Glen Beck, Gen Beck is bad - ad nauseum.


So if you read the same thing - with no mention of Glen Beck - at the Business Insider website, how do you feel about it then?

Hopefully, you'll do that so we can get your true feelings on the story itself.



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by centurion1211
 


Probably because the messenger is a sensationalist that enjoys his ratings.
Don't take my word for it. Check it yourself.

Sometimes you need to look at the messenger.
How people have not figured this out after all the hoaxs on ATS is beyond me.


But again, sheesh, Beck is NOT the only source for this story. The messenger is not the message.

Let's try and get rid of the Fox News tunnel vision and dogmatic (robotic?) Glen Beck responses, so we can all assess whether this is truly a threat to all of us.



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211
 

Good point....it is about the story not the messenger.



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211
 





So if you read the same thing - with no mention of Glen Beck - at the Business Insider website, how do you feel about it then? Hopefully, you'll do that so we can get your true feelings on the story itself.


I actually checked out the "blaze" website that GB runs/ or is affiliated with. There's a video there and a link to the article.

Centurion, i listened to beck daily for well over a year and a half...all 3 hours on the radio each day and then I'd watch his show on Fox. Made thread after thread with things regarding his show.

The day I quit listening is when he answered a caller who said we needed to eliminate free trade. Beck replied, "No, we need to cut taxes as low as possible and hope the corporations will come back so we can whether the economic storm."

Yeah, like that is going to happen...well if we accept petty wages we could. Can't compete with slave labor...not to mention free trade is the cause of the outsourcing of jobs. We simply don't have the tariffs in place to protect our jobs and wages. He supports a VAT tax...which only hurts american businesses and is pro transnational corporation.



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This is something in which the unions would receive significant support, mine included.

This is a way for the unions to take up a cause in which they strive to make life better for most of the middle and lower income classes,
rather than issues which help it members only.

I hope they can mount a campaign against J.P. Morgan, Wall Street criminals, and, God forbid, take out a few corrupt politicians (meaning career-wise only) while they're at it.



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Good luck you guys.. This is a very important thread with a potentially consequential topic...But it won't matter because everyone and their mom's dog will be in here to bash Beck instead.

I for one have not finished looking into this story..So I will withhold an in depth opinion until then.

I have heard the audio, and it does appear to be a conspiracy to topple financial institutions in a bid to create chaos. We'll have to see this may if this pans out entirely..Hopefully it does not.


edit on 22-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree
 


So you're pro destabilize the whole system so you can get back at a few organizations?

What about everyone else you'll be dragging under the bus?

Ends justify the means I guess.



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn
 


Funny, when I posted the audio, I had no idea it was something Beck pointed out.


Originally posted by projectvxn
So you're pro destabilize the whole system so you can get back at a few organizations?

What about everyone else you'll be dragging under the bus?

Ends justify the means I guess.


Indeed.

Nuts... Everyone has gone nuts, I say.



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by centurion1211
 





So if you read the same thing - with no mention of Glen Beck - at the Business Insider website, how do you feel about it then? Hopefully, you'll do that so we can get your true feelings on the story itself.


I actually checked out the "blaze" website that GB runs/ or is affiliated with. There's a video there and a link to the article.

Centurion, i listened to beck daily for well over a year and a half...all 3 hours on the radio each day and then I'd watch his show on Fox. Made thread after thread with things regarding his show.

The day I quit listening is when he answered a caller who said we needed to eliminate free trade. Beck replied, "No, we need to cut taxes as low as possible and hope the corporations will come back so we can whether the economic storm."

Yeah, like that is going to happen...well if we accept petty wages we could. Can't compete with slave labor...not to mention free trade is the cause of the outsourcing of jobs. We simply don't have the tariffs in place to protect our jobs and wages. He supports a VAT tax...which only hurts american businesses and is pro transnational corporation.



Newsflash David - I DO NOT listen to Beck or read his website. Seriously, only done that a couple times over the past couple of years.

And I wouldn't have paid much attention even after seeing it here if it weren't for the other business sources posted on the thread.

But this news could turn out to be HUGE, way bigger than Libya, if true and it gets carried out.



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211
 


IMO...it is POSSIBLE. This movement could easily be the retaliation of transnational corporations and their exploitation of slave labor. Years ago, I used to think that was the intention of exploding deficits....purposely bust the system to reset it. One doesn't really need an article or super beck to possibly come to this conclusion. The problem with this....no one will bend. Do you see billionaires saying..."hey...we'll take the tax hikes to save our currency and the dollar and the american economy" No, we don't see that. "we'll bring jobs back even if we have to pay more taxes!" Nope...are they pushing to raise tariffs? NOPE. Did the unions start these wars? NOPE,

If things get bad enough here....it may very well happen...regardless of unions or not....planned or not There are reasons for uprisings around the world...and it's not because the poor and common man want the wealthiest people in the world continuing to control everything and hording most of the wealth. People in the middle east are rising up not only because of oppression..but because they are piss poor. All the protests around the world are because people want a better life.

And I never "accused" you of watching his show...I only stated that I used to.
edit on 22-3-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn
 




So you're pro destabilize the whole system so you can get back at a few organizations?
What about everyone else you'll be dragging under the bus?
Ends justify the means I guess.


The whole system has been unstable for quite some time, and I'm sure that I, along with most other Americans, all played a small part in the destabilization, through reckless credit use.

I, however, have been forced to pay for my mistakes, through the loss of my home, the loss of my job, and the ever increasing task of simply putting wholesome food on my family's dinner table.

Meanwhile, my tax dollars subsidize the very entities that caused the situation.
They were to big to fail, I was not.

Everyone I'll be dragging under the bus?
I suspect that many not already under the bus are laying in the middle of the street, waiting for the next bus.

So yes, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
In reference to JPM, a wise man once said:


It also helps that they get free cash from the Fed to play with, they can afford to be long silver and increase their dividends when they're playing with public money.


Of course it helps when playing with public money.



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree
 


The enemy of your enemy is your friend only in so far as you are useful to them.

I fail to see how further destabilizing the system will help you or anyone else.

Edits:

Right. So why punish everyone by destabilizing the whole system when simple and pointed reforms with the power of enforcement will do?

Why make life miserable for EVERYONE in order to get back at JPM for playing with public money? You're misunderstanding my position when I wrote that.

Just because I'm against the lawlessness of the banking cartels doesn't mean I think EVERYONE who runs a bank deserves to be put out of business, and I don't think we need to drag the whole system down to get back a few oligarchs.

We need simplicity in law, and ENFORCEMENT of the law. Something we haven't seen yet from this or any other organization.

Socialists Have It Wrong

Read that link.
edit on 22-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn
 


So your contention is that the system is stable?
Would that be based on the robust economy, strong consumer spending, confidence in the dollar, or housing prices rebounding?

The system should have been allowed to correct itself in late 2008, rather, it was thrown a short term lifeline in the way of an infusion of public dollars (debt).

Had that infusion not occurred, I can only imagine how quickly JPM, USB, GMAC, and others would have been assembling teams to contact homeowners to discuss options to keep people in their homes, thereby ensuring continued revenue.

Rather, they received "revenue" from the very people they were evicting.

Since our (representatives?) politicians lack the nutsacks to stand up to the bankers, then someone needs to.
And while I am no fan of unions in general, if they have the organizational ability to mount an offense, then I reluctantly support them.

God knows the politicians won't, their next candidacy depends on the ABA.



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree
 


First, see edits.


Now on to the rest:

I don't believe the system is stable. But these people believe in nudging a system that is experiencing shocks over the edge and causing as much economic destruction as possible so that they can offer their socialist utopia as an answer.

I believe we should be doing what we can to STABILIZE the system so that we can have actual economic growth. There is much work to be done, but that is a subject for another thread. What we don't need to be doing is further destabilizing the system so a minority group can seize control of the country. Which is the whole purpose for this "plan" of theirs.



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
I dont agree with everything that Glenn Beck says....he might even be giving us nuggets to get our trust and then mislead us (as the "Controlled Opposition"). I dont know. But taking away the theatrical/entertainment value he is an investigative journalist at some level and he has a good staff to seek out these kinds of stories. For those on the liberal left who dont like him you still cant deny most of what he says.....SEIU, Soros, Pliven, Obama.....all seem to share a common agenda.....one that is not dissimilar to a vision shared by the communist elements lurking in the shadows and plotting to destroy our country; first by attacking our values, then weaking our institutions, and finally looting the treasury until the country is bankrupt and they succeed in our "collective" failure and bring "fundamental transformation" or "change" in the form of a new socialist or communist government. Focus on where "they" want to take this country,,,,on their vision of the endgame (where the ends justifies the means) and dont be a "useful idiot."
edit on 22-3-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)



Very well said!



new topics

top topics



 
16
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join