It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found the best item at the dollar tree! One for the ladies, or the men if they use them.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
So I love the Dollar Tree lol people laugh at it sometimes but I just love that store. It has some really good things in it and they are always very friendly and the store is always so clean and everything is a dollar!! I buy all kinds of things there and I even turned my roommate who is an avid Publix lover into a dollar tree admirer. He couldn't beilieve whey had. The same laundry soap he paid 7 bucks for at Publix is a dollar at the Dollar Tree lol

Here is my latest find and one of my favorite finds as well.

I was at the Dollar Tree getting my soap (the best stuff I have ever used even over the thousands I spent at dermatologists) and I came across light up tweezers that have a small magnifier on them. I figured for a dollar why not try them...well they are awesome! I have the worst luck getting them done, usually the salon messes them up and I have to use pencil. I am not very good at it myself but let me tell you these made it so much easier with the magnifier and light! I know not very exciting but to those who use them they will understand!

I absolutely love the Dollar Tree. I find the best little things in there. I found L'Oreal HIP lip gloss in there today and any girl who knows the HIP line knows it's not a dollar! It's great and if you go often you can find really good deals for a buck! I will shortly be getting my own place and I will probably go there for many things
It's great when you are on a budget.

Another item I found that I might as well just mention in here is the soap I use for my face. I have always had skin problems on and off since my early 20's. I hated it and I spent a lot of money on dermatologists, creams, pills and ointments. I was on accutane once and tazorac another time. They worked but the side effects weren't so good so I stopped taking all of it. I just dealt with it until I found Yardley of London's oatmeal/almond soap. I decided to try it because I read on here
that oatmeal was good for your skin and I had heard this before so I tried it...Let me tell you it's the best stuff I have ever used! For over 6mths I haven't had any problems and my skin is so smooth. I love it because it's a dollar and it lasts for a pretty long time too. So that is my main find I have found at the dollar tree...

So if you have a dollar tree type store where everything is a $1.00 and you have found a favorite item share it!

I have always been a bargain shopper. I think you can make anything look good if you have the eye on how to put it together with other pieces. This is one of my favorite things to do too.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I fancy their Table crackers with my Jarlsberg spread, the crackers at king soopers are five dollars and only 1 at the dollar tree. They also have here anyways really cheap ground beef!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
So I love the Dollar Tree lol people laugh at it sometimes but I just love that store. It has some really good things in it and they are always very friendly

I have to stop you there. I have the worst experience at the one next to my house not to long ago. I almost punched this guy out because he was so blatantly rude to me. I've never 'called a manager' before but I almost did this time. Maybe I just got unlucky and found a bad store. I'm glad you like it though.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
So I love the Dollar Tree lol people laugh at it sometimes but I just love that store. It has some really good things in it and they are always very friendly

I have to stop you there. I have the worst experience at the one next to my house not to long ago. I almost punched this guy out because he was so blatantly rude to me. I've never 'called a manager' before but I almost did this time. Maybe I just got unlucky and found a bad store. I'm glad you like it though.

It can happen anywhere, but my experience at any store I have ever been too has always been a friendly one..Now my Wal Mart experiences are always rude employees or employees who don't know crap and then get an attitude with you lol

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

I have a friend who worked there and hated it absolutely hated it. She was in prime quality to become manager but a girl more apt to sleep with the corporate guy stole it. Later they were caught in the camera room!!
I think working there would make me mad enough to be rude to customers. I'm not a customer service kinda guy I guess.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by syncelebrity
reply to post by freedish

I have a friend who worked there and hated it absolutely hated it. She was in prime quality to become manager but a girl more apt to sleep with the corporate guy stole it. Later they were caught in the camera room!!
I think working there would make me mad enough to be rude to customers. I'm not a customer service kinda guy I guess.

This is not about the people who work there it's about their products. I appreciate your reply though.

Please people don't turn this into that I will get testy

edit on 3/22/2011 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I love dollar tree! Ill walk in there and say. OK. 5 items or less and thats it... then I walk out with 5 bags of stuff. I mean you look at the prices and find a way to consider it a hell of deal, and you cant pass it up.

They have this cute little bathroom spray for a buck, it sticks to the wall and has a little pump on it. They smell great. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that likes that store

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Haha I love those bathroom sprays! They work great!

No you can't beat anything in there. I always go in for one thing and come out with a whole basket full.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I've only been to a Dollar Tree a few times during my little stay in New Hampshire but I would give ANYTHING to get hold of some of those Toast Chee Peanut Butter and Cheese Crackers again.
I more or less lived on those things out there

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

So that's the dollar tree you were talking about mblah lol. Now I know lol

We have the Pound Shop in the UK, and it's the place to pick up bargains for sure - and for a measly quid it doesn't matter if the item only lasts a couple of days before it disintigrates.

When my kids were all still at school I bought their lunch carry-cases including drinks flasks £1 each, white school socks 5 pairs for £1, pen & pencil sets, etc, all £1 each.

I've bought dog feeding bowls, screwdrivers, first aid kit, I could go on and on.

Ya can't beat a bargain

ETA: S&F for making this thread - made me chuckle

edit on 22-3-2011 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
I've only been to a Dollar Tree a few times during my little stay in New Hampshire but I would give ANYTHING to get hold of some of those Toast Chee Peanut Butter and Cheese Crackers again.
I more or less lived on those things out there

Those are the best PB and Cheese crackers!!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I love the Dollar Store!!! I have 3 different ones all within 5 miles of my house. I found their cleaning products, called "Awesome" are just that... awesome. For a buck a piece why the heck not. Why pay close to $4 for Windex when I can get the same thing (actually, the Awesome version works better for me than Windex) for $1! So there you have it.....my fav dollar store product(s).

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I was always afraid of the food at the dollar store. Actually afraid of most things there lol. Like laundry soap for a dollar? How can it be? Makes me think it's gotta be like 98% water. Where does the stuff come from ? I bought some night lights there and they sit in a drawer because I'm afraid they will burn the house down. Haha I am feeling like I am paranoid now.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I love the dollar tree!!!

its awesome!!! a poor person me feels rich in there

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by michea

I have no idea what those crackers contain, I assume they are pretty light on actual cheese or peanuts, but I don't care. My failure to be able to find them in the UK is a great sadness
edit on 23-3-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by michea
I was always afraid of the food at the dollar store. Actually afraid of most things there lol. Like laundry soap for a dollar? How can it be? Makes me think it's gotta be like 98% water. Where does the stuff come from ? I bought some night lights there and they sit in a drawer because I'm afraid they will burn the house down. Haha I am feeling like I am paranoid now.

No offense but sounds like you are a bit stuck up if you are afraid of their items. I use their laundry soap and I buy their food and I am just fine. Just because it's a dollar doesn't mean a thing.

Most the grocery stores inflate their prices to ridiculous amounts. You can get many things at the dollar tree and they are safe and made by the Dollar Tree themself...Many items are made I think in Ohio, I could be wrong, but many of their items are made here in the USA, one reason I like shopping there.

Now take those night lights out and use them

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
I love the dollar tree!!!

its awesome!!! a poor person me feels rich in there

HAHA me too!

There is a HUGE one on beachside in Daytona where I use to live and OMG i love that place. They have really cute kitchenware believe it or not and each piece is a buck! When I got my apt years ago I went there with a hundred bucks and did my kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and livingroom with stuff from the Dollar Tree. I even take their frames and make my own pics using other items they have there. When people compliment my pics on the wall I tell them they cost less than 5 bucks to make. I would take the gift bags that had a Parisian scene on them and cut them up and but the matting and mat and frame the pic myself and they always came out great!

If you are creative you can do a lot with the Dollar Tree....I also like the Dollar General

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

My sneaky little kitty, if you like I would have no problem sending you a box of these crackers you enjoy.

I need to send AA her crackers too so I can do it all at once

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Haha I'm not a snob just paranoid. I will have to give the dollar store another look. I do eat one dollar food from there its something called andy capps hot fries... they are awesome.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by michea

Haha I'm not a snob just paranoid. I will have to give the dollar store another look. I do eat one dollar food from there its something called andy capps hot fries... they are awesome.

Those hot fries are the BOMB! They have them at work in the machine but they are a dollar and fifty cents, so I go to the DT and get them for a buck!

Haha well don't be paranoid!! There are many different dollar stores too, I prefer the Dollar Tree...Its great to hit up before the movies because they have the SAME boxed candy they charge an arm and a leg for at the theater

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join