It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The word "Energy" it's use and abuse and what it means to you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
One of the things that makes me most annoyed and sometimes confused when reading about alternative topics, not only on ATS but everywhere, is the continual use of the word "Energy" It pops up in discussions on ghosts, psychic phenomena, UFO's, philosophy and more or less every other topic that you care to name. It's used so much in fact that most of the time I find myself struggling to imagine what meaning the person using it is ascribing to the word and if I as the reader is using it in the same way as the author.

I will list a few examples of this here

This is what you need to understand and accept. YOU are an energy being governed by Universal Laws of energy. Because you are energy (and yes there is a Spirit connection), your existence is also affected by other vibrations and dimensions of energy
Red Spirit Energy Healing

and

The spiritual powers of psychic energy can best be understood if you consider the human mind, with its various levels of consciousness - conscious, subconscious and unconscious - as an ocean of immense wealth of mysterious powers, which can be unraveled with the development of an extraordinary focused concentration and the infinite power of the will.
Psychic dot com

In these two examples I don't see how using the word "Energy is any different to using the word Magic and in fact the texts read much the same to me if I substitute those words for each other,

So where do YOU get your understanding of the word "Energy" from? We could of course go to the standard dictionary definition for help and that gives us this:

energy [ˈɛnədʒɪ] n pl -gies
1. intensity or vitality of action or expression; forcefulness
2. capacity or tendency for intense activity; vigour
3. vigorous or intense action; exertion 4. (Physics / General Physics) Physics a. the capacity of a body or system to do work b. a measure of this capacity, expressed as the work that it does in changing to some specified reference state. It is measured in joules (SI units). Symbol E See
dictionary

This definition though seems not to cover most of the things that people use the word energy for, like in the example above where the person talks about "dimensions of energy"
Here are a couple of quotes from some members about what the word energy means to them

From SolarE-Souljah

energy also goes by chi, mana; its in all cultures. Energy is everything. My definition would be energy is all

Ugie1028

it means powa!

So posters of ATS what is YOUR definition of the word energy and how does it agree with or differ from the dictionary definition, do you think the dictionary definition is wrong? and if so how would you change it?
edit on 22-3-2011 by davespanners because: layout change

edit on 22-3-2011 by davespanners because: punctuation

edit on 22-3-2011 by davespanners because: solare jerking me around

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Energy is the ability to make things happen with your lifeforce. It is the enemy of laziness and can conquer most obsticles when used correctly. Althought I must admit after these past few weeks, I feel like my energy is draining from an undisclosed location.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Yeah, the dictionary definition has nothing to do with the intended meaning.

I feel energy right now, pulsing through my entire body. I can sit back, notice my energetic field or aura, and even sense my chakras (energy centers) spinning. This 'ESP' was gained through meditation, of course...

It's simply noticing subtle ENERGY! Alright, enough of that word. I'm pretty much just explaining matter that is less dense than the perceived 3D world. Mainstream science has not acknowledged such a substance, but it is very real none the less. It's the electric signals in your brain, the feeling of orgasm, and the world of the paranormal... all differing levels of density, or vibration you could say.

Hard to describe, much easier to experience, yet to do so you must silence your left brain hemisphere. I recommend Eckhart Tolle's audiobook: 'The Power of Now' for beginning such endeavors. He goes into some basic energetic awareness as well.

Good day.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Energy
Protons+ positive (beings/spirit/souls)
Neutrons= neutral (beings/spirit/souls)
Electrons- negative (beings/spirit/souls)

How I see it. Some beings possess more influences from the three.

edit on 3/22/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
If I'm feeling bone idle and I drink a Red Bull, it seems to give me energy to wake up and eventually get off my arse.

That's my understanding of the the word 'energy' - today it is anyway

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I can feel the energy flowing inside me eeach and every single, every hour, every minute. Now what do I relate to? Energy from what I know and feel in my personal view is a kind of power related to the brain that is expressed in the form of electricity.

This definition is hard to understand to the ones not familiar with meditation, OBE's and that kind of stuff but the ones who do are familiar to these are mostly aware of what I am describing right there.

I have no proof over these but I can say that a proof means nothing when you truly live something you just can't explain and knowing so few studies in the concerned area have been made.

My final answer : meditation (amount of time vary for every individuals) + will of reaching new potential (consistency is needed here) = more intense brain activity (electric energy)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Thank you all for the answers so far, as I thought the dictionary definition is pretty useless when it comes to what people think about the word.
So a supplementary question would be, why do people think that it is that the word energy is used in so many different ways and with a general disregard for the accepted meaning

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Oh tell me about it.

Other words that are GREATLY abused, is "Frequency" and "Vibration". Nowadays, people use and missuse these words constantly in topic after topic, thinking they sound "Ascension-smart", while explaining how 2012 will cause everyone to "Vibrate at a higher frequency", and what have you. In actuality these people just sound silly.
It is ironic these words are missused so widely on a board intended for denying ignorance.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

edit on 22-3-2011 by Nightchild because: Doublepost

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

I completely agree about the words frequency and vibration. They go hand in hand with "Energy" as bring some of the most misused words in the English language

new topics

top topics

join