It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radionuclide Blankets United States; Authorities Insist Levels Are Harmless

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Radionuclide Blankets United States; Authorities Insist Levels Are Harmless

www.prisonplanet.com

Although health authorities insist that levels of the radionuclide Xenon 133 that have been measured are harmless, claims that such radiation would dissolve over the Pacific have been proven completely inaccurate. Indeed, the latest charts show that fallout from Fukushima will not just smother the United States, but most of the globe.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.youtube.com
www.youtube.com

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I feel that this story is extremely important. This affects all of us on the west coast, if not the entire Northern Hemisphere. The U.S. and Japanese governments have been caught trying to cover up and downplay the situation but we now see that the situation is a lot more serious than is being told us.

Please look at the graphs/maps of the particles spreading all over the U.S and soon... Europe; provided in the links above.

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Another time-map of the radiation up until March 22nd:
zamg.ac.at...
edit on 22-3-2011 by Topato because: (no reason given)

Modeling the dispersion of radioactive releases into the atmosphere on a global scale:

Norsk Institute - Xe-133 - RADIATION Dispersion Forecast - USA and CANADA :

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
My question, besides taking the feds words for it, I am sure someone out there can independently verify radiation levels. Maybe local fire departments have the equipment, universities may also have the equipment, hazmat teams.
If I had the equipment I would check myself, but surely, someone has access to the necessary equipment.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Topato

Xenon 133 is a gas. It is used in medicine to image the lungs [the patient breathes it in] and has a half-life of about 5-6 days.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Yes and no. That's the real problem. If some independent scientific investigations occurred, you can bet it would be like opening up the global warming/climate change thing again; with people aligning themselves based on the culture in the scientific community.

I missed the part where people were declaring this would somehow dissipate over the ocean... I would have objected to that notion on principle. The jet stream doesn't 'diffuse' anything as heavy as radioactive material... it shuffles it around until whatever it is drops below the stream and drifts down to the surface, wherever that may be. Same thing with pollen, dust, volcanic ash, I think most particulate non-gaseous matter.

I am inclined to think that unless we are being lied to (ummmmm) the material that DOES reach us shouldn't be extraordinarily toxic, but then, we live in a toxic soup of PCBs, and other industrial waste that some think our bodies can barely tolerate as it is.... this would be one more straw on the camel's back.

There are some very sophisticated satellites in orbit used to track radiological material; I would have assumed this is important enough to warrant re-tasking them to follow this development. But then that might embarrass the almighty energy cartel... so.. who knows?

Just like with the BP event, corporate sovereignty prevails over public interest. I have asked a lot lately, are we learning yet?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

Xenon 133 is a gas. It is used in medicine to image the lungs [the patient breathes it in] and has a half-life of about 5-6 days.

Thank you.

The amount of Dis-info floating around about Japan's Nuclear plants is amazing

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
This is just more scare tactic BS.
When the media talks about terrorisim it is to keep us paranoid
When the media says everything is fine "we are in danger"
Some people try too hard to find a conspiracy in everything.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

I just looked up Xenon 133. Says it's non-toxic but at the same time, what other chemicals are flying this way? If Xenon can make it here, surely other elements can too. Are all those non-toxic as well?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
reply to post by Topato

Yea you are right and about Xenon 133 but it's far from the 30+ half life of caesium 137 which is the worst of nuclear waste being released by the nuclear plant.

Caesium 137

I didn't look for others waste being released but read the article and get infos on the half-life of those elements.

The worst of those 4 are Caesium-137 followed by Caesium 134. So in my personal opinion yes the current Japan crysis is a real concern.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Evidently the Radiation doesn't care a No-Fly Zone has been declared!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Evidently the Radiation doesn't care a No-Fly Zone has been declared!

Considering it could spread worldwide it could and I say COULD affect the whole world. Yea the conflic in Lybia is also a great concern but between a risk of global radiation and a war (which I must say is important too) global radiation risk is presently a greater concern to me than a war.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Since Japan exports alot of food, how do we tell which food in the store may have come from Japan. Does anyone here know?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

Stay away from sushi, seafood and such? I really don't know. But I assume we get most of our food from Middle America ... at least wheat and all that. So that should all be fine.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Topato

Well, they decided early on to restrict exports from Japan... probably out of liability concerns. I think our friends in Japan are going to suffer most from this. Sad that our media want's to cast this in the light of "last week's news."

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

MSM definitely is not doing its job. They are too busy distracting us with the "royal" wedding and other bullcrap, while radiation has now been detected in the East Coast. How easy major events are forgotten. Can only get full information from the alternative media.

It's like I'm living in Communist Russia.

Oh wait...

top topics

join