It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Euphoria Early.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Early this afternoon I was laying on the couch and I started to doze off for a quick cat nap. I'm not sure how long I was sleeping for but as I started to wake up I realized I couldn't open my eyes. At this point I thought I was having a lucid dream, except all I could see was blank darkness and I had this extreme feeling of euphoria. Almost like I had smoked some very potent marijuana. I also felt this extreme pressure on my head as I tried to move my body, and open my eyes but I was unable to for what seemed to be 30 seconds or so. After I woke up I was extremely exhausted by the experience and I felt as though my mind had rebooted or something.

Anyways it was really strange and I have infact had lucid dreams but it wasn't quite like that. It was like the rush of a lucid dream without dreaming anything. Any similair experiences? I will try to give information on any requested details.

For those who don't know what a lucid dream is Lucid Dreaming

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It sounds like sleep paralysis to me

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Agreed.....it's fairly common, but very scary when it happens to you. It's thought that some "ufo abductees" are really experiencing sleep paralysis. They describe "not being able to move" ... like something is controllng them.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

After reading the article I can easily say that, that is very plausible. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. Anyway to explain the lack of vision or dream?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It does not sound like sleep paralysis. I have sleep paralysis from time to time and it is NOT accompanied by euphoria. It comes with terror and an unknown entity that approaches slowly with its cold devilish aura. During this time I can move my eyes but nothing else. When it finally arrives there is pressure usually on my chest and it feels like it is trying to eat my soul. While some of the symptoms sound similar to sleep paralysis it is anything but.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by obelisk2012

Yes it was a definite euphoria, almost like as I said before smoking some very strong marijuana, but the effects only lasted for 30 seconds or so. Thanks for the input.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Hi there,

I hope you dont mind me adding a word or two.

I have often had sleep paralysis and have at different times experienced different things. On some occasions it has been terror and fear, and on others feelings of unexplainable happiness and joy. Perhaps our waking emotions have some part to play in what we experience during an episode of sleep paralysis. Another thought would be how about you were astral travelling and experiencing the joy and emotion of such a spiritual adventure? Anything is possible I suppose.

top topics

join