It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Temperature Swings 110° F In One Week In Oklahoma Town

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Temperature Swings 100 Degrees In One Week In Okla. Town
By Liz Goodwin
news.yahoo.com...

Residents in the Northern Oklahoma town of Nowata experienced a nearly 110-degree shift in the weather this week after a cold front brought temperatures down to a record-setting -31 degrees.
Today, it's a balmy 72 degrees in Nowata. Yesterday, it reached 79 degrees.
news.yahoo.com...

What the deuce? This is rather strange, is it not? What more can I say?

edit on 3/22/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typos and [size]

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Interesting.. nice topic

edit on 22-3-2011 by ferumbra because: Top Secret

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Nowata Oklahoma representing
There was 20 inches of snow on the ground one week and the next week it was time to break out the tank tops. I believe we set some records up this way. I've lived here for 22 years and I've always heard it said that if you don't like the weather...wait a few minutes.

eta: didn't read the article until after I posted, apparently Will Rogers said it better than I could

edit on 22-3-2011 by relpobre000 because: reading fail

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferumbra
79 degrees? I don't get it.

Does this have anything with Celsius?

It was negative 31 degrees F one week ago. Now It's 79 degrees F, for a difference of 110 degrees F. In one week.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by relpobre000
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Nowata Oklahoma representing
There was 20 inches of snow on the ground one week and the next week it was time to break out the tank tops. I believe we set some records up this way. I've lived here for 22 years and I've always heard it said that if you don't like the weather...wait a few minutes.

They say that about Michigan as well. But 110 degrees? Holy Turkey Ranch and Swiss!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Admittedly it is disturbing to think about, but I have been through something similar in both directions here in Texas. 110 F one week and with 10 days, we get a series of cold fronts that knock us down 10-15 degrees per day over a week.

link   
it was kinda like that over here in north carolina. it would be 30 degrees one day, then the next 80 degrees. maybe HAARP is causing these weird weather anomalies or the sun is just becoming more active. maybe something more?

link   
Interesting.

Oklahoma is one of our bug out locations lol

Hopefully that kind of swing does not happen if SHTF when I am there lol
That's such a crazy swing!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
ah, we are used to it. it looks impressive on paper and while it's happening it is kind of like wtf, but as the previous poster said, just wait a minute. This is a windswept plain, an ocean of land if you will...that's just the way it blows.

I like that it does because chemtrail crap doesn't stay around for long when the wind is high like it is today. Not pleasant to do yard work in though.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Pilot because: add to

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
100 degrees in a week is quite notable, but this one , I think, might be a record??

wiki.answers.com...

On January 25th, 1916 residents of Browning, Montana were still adjusting to the largest 24 hour temperature change on record in the U.S.. On January 23rd and 24th, 1916 the temperature fell from a pleasant 44 degrees above zero to a bitter -56 degrees in 24 hours. That's a temperature change of an amazing 100 degrees in 24 hours and that's a record that still stands as the largest 24 hour temperature fluctuation in the U.S. (Source: NOAA's National Weather Service Weather Forecast Office)

Hmmmm....-56, sounds like up here in Saskatchewan.

new topics

top topics

join