It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "If everyone was gay we wouldn't have children" argument

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ag893
Reply to post by AngryOne

Just what I was thinking. Even if I didn't have anything against homosexuals and was tolerant and open to their lifestyle, I certainly wouldn't be delusional. What benefits have homosexuals added to society? Any society really?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Leonardo da Vinci was said to be gay, he contributed greatly to society wouldn't you say? Here is a link to back that up, though I'm sure there is far more evidence if you search on google.

www.bnl.gov...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

You keep going back to the gay penguins... they were in a zoo with a limited amount of other penguins. I'll bet if they were not in captivity they would hook up with female penguins. If homosexuality is a genetic trait, then I guess eventually it may run its course because you guys won't be procreating.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

This link is that they are both sexual sins.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Being gay is both a choice and a natural occurrence, anyone one of us could be gay depending on events in our childhood..and anyone of us could have been born gay. There's nothing immoral about it and it's definitely okay to be gay, but really why talk about this nonsense? After all it's a waste to debate something so small when people are losing their lives over bigger stuff...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ag893

I'd like to point out pedos assuming their attracted to 12+ is actually normal (its not accepted as natural in our cultures of today, but is very much normal) as for bestiality or being attracted to younger kids, sometimes people are sick in the head.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ag893

chnm.gmu.edu...

Read that and apologize once your done....

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Near the end of the 18th century, other European nations began to enact age of consent laws. The broad context for that change was the emergence of an Enlightenment concept of childhood focused on development and growth. This notion cast children as more distinct in nature from adults than previously imagined, and as particularly vulnerable to harm in the years around puberty. The French Napoleonic code provided the legal context in 1791 when it established an age of consent of 11 years. The age of consent, which applied to boys as well as girls, was increased to 13 years in 1863. Like France, many other countries, increased the age of consent to 13 in the 19th century. Nations, such as Portugal, Spain, Denmark and the Swiss cantons, that adopted or mirrored the Napoleonic code likewise initially set the age of consent at 10-12 years and then raised it to between 13 and 16 years in the second half of the 19th century. In 1875, England raised the age to 13 years; an act of sexual intercourse with a girl younger than 13 was a felony. In the U.S., each state determined its own criminal law and age of consent ranged from 10 to 12 years of age. U.S. laws did not change in the wake of England's shift. Nor did Anglo-American law apply to boys.

hmmmmm so if im the sicko I guess half the world during this period were also sickos..

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
IF BEING GAY IS GENETIC...THEN HOW CAN ANYONE BE GAY????

i personally think that gay people have got their emotions confused...sex is for making children.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I see the world from my box just fine.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
tl;dr gay is a contagious disease that you get from sharing a toilet seat with one

Brotip: In this post, I'm not sure if I'm using the term "personality" in the technically correct sense; as in the definition of personality disorders in the DSM IV. But I might be. I think I am. (And that's all that matters amirite)

Also, I haven't thought this deeply about these topics in a loooong time, so it reads like a rough draft.

Originally posted by Epiphron
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

Also, those cases of being attracted to certain objects or animals are usually caused by early childhood experiences, so I’m wondering if perhaps the same could be true, at least in some cases, for homosexuals?

I have no doubts that some people who identify as homosexual would not identify as that had they not experienced some kind of abuse. I don't believe sexuality is stagnate, it can change do to life experience, as can many personality traits. Any highly emotional experience - be it positive or negative - can change a person in many ways.

It is relatively rare for a person to experience a very large change in personality. As far as personality disorders go, they are considered uncurable, but there are often ways to manage the symptoms. Many people with personality disorders live normal lives. Of course, some disorders are fully debilitating, while other people can have a very mild personality disorder that ends up not causing them too much trouble - and everything in between.

PDs are considered uncurable, because personality itself is somewhat out of our conscious control. For healthy individuals we call the symptoms: personality traits. To help visualize this, I think it is important to realize that the same "thing" is being defined differently either as "symptoms" of personality disorders, or as normal personality "traits".

I think this would be interesting... to look at statistics of success rates of psychotherapy and other treatments when used to treat personality changes that have been diagnosed as resulting from a specific-or recurring trauma. And compare this to the same statistics applied to non-trauma related personality disorders. My bias leans towards there being a higher rate of success when used to treat trauma induced personality disorders. But I'm speculating out my ear, I really have no idea.

We spoke of mental disorders;(fun fact) aesthetically I prefer the term mental illness, but take your pick. Anyway, mental illness, is also an incredibly broad spectrum. Potential for successful treatment is higher with mental illnesses that are not personality disorders.

If sexuality, or controversy, interests you it would be worth reading about the Kinsey studies. There's a movie you could pirate as well. (Spoiler Alert: Chris O'Donnell has a small penor.)

Falling in love causes a chemical imbalance, is that a mental disorder?

Every time I’ve fallen in love, it inevitably drives me absolutely crazy, and after the breakup I can’t help but question my sanity for doing such a stupid thing, so I would have to say yes.

Agreed. Luckily I hear love will be a diagnosis in the upcoming DSM manual that is being jointly developed with FEMA. If you fall in love you'll get sent to re-education camp.

Seriously though, I get your point, and I agree that there is nothing mentally wrong with homosexuality. I have no problem with people being gay. We're all human, and each have have the natural right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I'm honestly just curious as to how it happens.

I didn't think you had a problem with gays, I knew you were just curious. I knew my love as a mental disorder comment would come off as a bit aggressive, but I liked the way it sounded. I was a little condescending in my last post because that guy's post was answered by the first paragraph of my link. I "apologize" for that, he probably won't see this, but it still counts, the apology is out there, it's his job to find it.

But, since falling in love can trigger such imbalances, do you think it’s possible that the mother can be in any way responsible for the fetus’ hormonal chemistry?

In some ways I am sure, but I am not knowledgeable on that. It may very well be in the textbook I linked. I would not be surprised if there is research about environmental influences that when a mother is exposed end up effecting hormone levels of the baby. I feel confident in saying a woman's diet will influence her fetus' hormone levels, among other things.

If I find just the tiniest bit of scientific "evidence" to support it, I may write a book called The Gay Diet. Telling mom's what they can eat to increase the probability of having a gay child. # that book might sell great. Hopefully someone steals my idea so I can sue them, that would be way easier than writing it myself.

I'd like to end my longest post evar by talking about Jesus (sorry). It has been said by some that Jesus considers homosexuality immoral. When it comes to shared love, the Jesus I know doesn't care about such a frivolously physical thing as gender.

Hebrews 13:1-2
* "Let brotherly love continue.
* Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares".

In other words, let gays be. By disallowing gays to marry, you are cutting them out of the fun of being married aka entertainment.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Hows it going ats? I've been a lurker here at ats for about 5 years now and never made an account until now. The amount of bigotry and just pure hate is kind of absurd. To all the Christians in here who are openly spewing out hate just for the sake of it who do you really think you are to be judging people you do realize GOD as you claim to worship is the only one who is suppose to have that right so if you think its soooo wrong to be gay then mabye you should let them take it up with GOD not the select few of you on here who are oh so very ignorant and just hating for the sake of hating. Thats what i find ironic with christians they say they love GOD and yet GOD SAYS all men are equal and yet they still choose to hate. We are all brothers and sisters here sharing that earth. What will really be gained from hating your fellow humans?

And to the argument about people being born gay i'm not trying to convince anyone of anything i can only tell you what i've seen in my life. I have a friend who ive known my whole life and i can tell you that ever since we were little there were very obvious signs that he was gay and he definitely didnt choose it because it was quite obvious that he was just that way....but believe what you will.

P.S. just because you go to church on sunday doesnt give you the right to be hateful and a bigot MON-SAT
that would be what they call a SIN fyi

For the record i have no problem with christians or anyone alive on this planet we are all brothers and sisters
what i do have a problem with is ignorance and hate.

anyway have a good night everyone

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AmerikanDekline

Ah gave you your frist star =), whats said is very much true

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ag893

Hurry up and reply...Im loving this back and forth you and I are doing.....

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Reply to post by AmerikanDekline

Here's where your hypocrisy rears itas ugly head. You seem to think its only Christians saying this and that about folks? That's where I can tell you are bias. Everyone always pulls the "christian" card when calling some a bigot and intolerant. What about the 1,000 other religions out there that specifically denounce homosexuality? I can name several. Islam, Bahai, Judaism, Hindu, Buddism, and others. How exactly have you come to the conclusion that all the posters here that don't view homosexuality as natural are Christians? Besides me. You wouldn't know that unless they post scripture or have mentioned Jesus. So now that everyone knows *SNIP*, what is there left to say? Nothing.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Civility & Decorum are Expected

edit on 23-3-2011 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join