It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "If everyone was gay we wouldn't have children" argument

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Michelangelo

I like what you said. I dont agree with your thought on it, but if you let them do their thing so long as it doesnt affect yours, youre good, then I say good job. I wish more people would be like you.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robert Reynolds
In my opinion: if you're desires lead you to wanting to have sex with something that you can't reproduce with (be that an animal, a child, an inanimate object or someone of the same sex) something has gone wrong somewhere. People may argue that they were born that way, but I dare say there are serial killers that would claim the same thing.

a very valid point, anybody can claim they were born a certain way. will the world believe the insanity is what it really comes down to lol...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
It makes me sick to see threads like this, for a few reasons.

1. This is ATS, a conspiracy web site. Once upon a time, people actually discussed conspiracy theories here and the web site was awesome instead of retarded. Please, all of you, just go bicker about this crap somewhere else so it can be awesome again.

2. Don't be such a bunch of bigots. I'm talking to both sides. If Joe B. and Mike C. want to knock willies with each other, it's their own prerogative to do so. If you want to hate somebody for a retarded reason, it's your right to do so.

3. If you're into people of the same sex, then that's just what you like. Some people like certain hair colors. Some people like certain body types. Some people like certain racial types. There are a million factors that influence who we turn out to be in life, but the bottom line is that you are who you are. Nobody except for YOU can legitimately tell you who you can be, or who you can love. People are going to try, every day of your life, but their words are a whisper in the wind. This is true about every aspect of who you are, not just your sexuality. If your heart was set on becoming an insurance salesman, you wouldn't let yourself be bothered by a stranger on the Internet telling you that it's disgusting and unnatural. Don't feel put down if they tell you the same thing about your sexuality. Make your own choices. It doesn't make you a "sick pervert," it just makes you a gay person. That's who you are, and all you can do is surround yourself with people who accept you for it.

*SNIP*

None of you are ever going to change another person's mind on the subject, but what you ARE going to do is perpetuate even more hatred and division over something that just frankly doesn't freakin' matter. Now, bisexuality on the other hand, that stuff is messed up. Make up your freaking minds, you perverted miscreants.

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

15b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums on the Websites, and will neither Post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.

edit on 23-3-2011 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Hi Folks,

Can I point out that this argument erupts here on ATS very frequently, so much so I could almost set my clock by it.

Every time there is the pro and the con side, there are people being deeply offended on both sides. And yet in a couple more weeks the same cycle will repeat.

How about looking at People as ..well, People.

Their gayness or straightness is no different to if they shop at Tesco's or K-mart, or drive a Ford or Chevy... does it really matter to You?

edit on 23-3-2011 by Tayesin because: dyslexic fingers

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
What I really don't understand is... why is it so important for homosexuality to be right or wrong or moral or not. I think most of the arguments are about a static world view. No one takes into account that things change over time. At different times in history sometimes one thing is moral and sometimes not. Whats the difference anyway? To those that say homosexuality serves no purpose in nature... maybe you are underestimating nature? one poster said that there was a theory on western birthrates of women corresponding to eastern birthrates of men and I find that to be a plausible possibility. So in the same way couldn't nature do the same thing and have homosexuals as a means of natural population control? Not to mention since non of us know what the purpose of anything in nature truly is... throwing the word purpose around in arguments like this just seems plain idiotic since it only reflects on what your view of purpose might be.

On pedophilia... if you want to talk about what nature intends then you have to admit that pedophilia is natural. After all most animals have sex and give birth as early as they can to continue the species. The only reason we thing it's immoral is because some people decided to set some age or use after date for one odd reason or another. You think setting a magic date across the board would solve any problems? Some people will never be fit to have children or have sexual intercourse responsible. Most people don't know why they do what they do. You don't suddenly become more mature or intelligent when you turn 18. In the end, What you decide is moral or not or illegal or not doesn't matter in the slightest... people will do what they want, when they want to.

And about homosexuals being disgusting? I find bigotry disgusting and yet it's still here in my face. So if you want to get rid of homosexuality can you guys please get rid of bigotry as well? Pretty please?
edit on 23-3-2011 by kynaccrue because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2011 by kynaccrue because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nebulous1973
The only people who care about being gay is gay people..its a disgusting mental disorder..people are gay because they have not developed the right way.If there was something nature intended to be gay then both sexes would be able to procreate..gays are not special and they most certainly don't have the right to force their disgusting behaviour on the rest of the world.We don't owe the gay community anything.your gay..you deal with it..there are more serious issues in the world to deal with besides a bunch of whiny homos.

Good for you. I feel the same way about people with down syndrome. It's a disgusting mental disorder. They have down syndrome because they have not developed the right way. If it was something nature intended then we would all be born with down syndrome. They are not special, and certainly don't have the right to force their hugs and love on the rest of the world. We don't owe people with down syndrome anything.

I think I made my point. We should accept people for how they are born. Learn to love, stop the hate. Please. If there are shows that have homosexuality in them then don't watch. People use to think that mixed race couples were disgusting and immoral. I'm sure many bigoted people were extremely offended when Captain Kirk kissed Uhura on Star Trek.

I really hope that everyone realizes that I am being sarcastic. VERY sarcastic
edit on 23-3-2011 by Chindogu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Nebulous1973

Yes, there are WAY more important issues in the world...so WHY do you waste your time HATING people just because you don't understand them? What ..you.. consider disgusting is YOUR issue....not mine. I don't go transing around in your bedroom, why do you feel the need to break down the door in mine?

hatred and ignorance go hand in hand...and you seem to be the master of both!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy
Does someones sexuality matter, what about the 'nice' straight couple down the road who have anal sex? is that natural.

Completely, I believe that is what former mayor Ray Nagin was referring to when he commented on his hopes for New Orleans to become a "Chocolate City" was it not?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
Being sterile isn't wrong, but it isn't optimal for making children, neither is being homosexual.

Haven't we made enough children. We are approaching 7 billion people on this planet. I really love the way you put that though. "but it isn't optimal" that made me giggle. thx

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Im sure there are cool gays out there and there are some in your face flamers. I dont care if someone is gay
but just like religion i cant stand when people try to force thier beliefs on others.
What i dont understand is why gays are so against a civil union i think its called.
If somethin could have all the same benifits as being married except its not called marriage
what is the problem with that? But from what i have heard gays wont accept that.
Gays want to be considered equal? Equal to what? Straight couples? Well they are not straigt there
For they are not equal. Gays = union. Straight = marriage.

And no child should be deprived of a mother or a father.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ag893

You cant "give" cancer. And besides,what about liver cancer? or pancreatic? OR brain? Theyre not exposed. So, learn some basic physiology/anatomy/biology, and get back to us.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by chancemusky
reply to post by Tayesin

What time is it there, by the way? Im assuming half past pride...

It's time we stopped looking at all the Differences between people as Reasons to Hate other people, and start to realize like it or not we are all human and in the same boat that is slowly sinking.

By the way, I'm straight, happily divorced, raising my child and staying celibate.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Nebulous1973

Wrong forum to spew this crap.

With such a large population of homophobes on here, one has to wonder if a good percentage are raging homosexuals underneath?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Ok what about the guy who has sex with animals...he was born that way no? Next thing you know he's gonna want rights to have his animal lover on his insurance.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join