It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "If everyone was gay we wouldn't have children" argument

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden
My male dog exclusively humped other male dogs, and he wasn't neutered. It occurs naturally in animals, so why not naturally in humans. It's been a consistently small percent of animal and human populations anyway.

And why does your male dog hump other male dogs?

It's not for sexual pleasure, it's not because your dog is gay. It is because that is what male dogs do to stand over other male dogs. It's a Superiority thing.. a way of saying "I own you".

edit on 22-3-2011 by Tayesin because: dyslexia

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Human sexuality is largely, though not entirely, dependent on fetal development. In lay words, some people are born gay, some are born straight.

Prenatal levels of sex hormones have a masculinizing or feminizing influence on the developing fetal brain. Laboratory research on animals has demonstrated that hormones given prenatally can masculinize female fetuses and feminize male fetuses, which results in same-sex social and mating behavior when the animals mature. Other prenatal conditions besides hormone levels probably influence development of sexual orientation.
- A basic human sexuality textbook
edit on 22-3-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: (no reason given)

There are many variables related to what levels of hormones a fetus is exposed to. But either way, it is obvious there is a biological component to sexuality.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by ag893

Very well said. I find it horrific that some schools will be teaching gay sex to children under ten years old. I remember only really figuring out what sex is about at the age of 11 or 12, and even then it was kind of..... strange.

There should be no place for teaching homosexual sex to children at all. I find it very wrong.

I have a master's in education and work in the field and am familiar with sex-ed programs and I can tell you there is no "teaching of homosexual sex" as you and others characterize it as.

State law does not require schools to “teach homosexuality.” The law does, however, require that instruction is free of bias against pupils of any race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or ethnic or cultural background or against sexually active pupils or children with disabilities.

Source (including other common myths and lies promoted by some about sex education)

All the curriculum are age appropriate, for example, a younger person might be taught that there are all different types of family structures out there including some children who may have 2 mommies or 2 daddies or are raised by their aunt or grandparent. The important thing that is to be understood by the children is that we should not judge or mistreat anyone because of their differences. It's not about "indoctrinating" children to "teh gay" as some characterize it. Rather it's teaching people to be respectful of others differences and that these sorts of things EXIST in our society whether some people like it or not. Children, actually in my experience don't have any problems with people that are different from them, rather it's their adult parents, who themselves are often homophobes or racists, that teach and instill these bigoted values in their children...these children then in turn will go and treat people who are different from them with disrespect and bigotry...often resulting in the bullying of other children. It's not surprising that problems with children that are bullies can often be traced right back to the parents who actively encourage the behavior in their children.

So, before spreading the myth that underage children are being taught explicitly about homosexual sex, go and look up some actual curriculum as proof, because it's actually no more than a myth repeated over by some religious and conservative nuts trying to sensationalize the idea that comprehensive sexual education is evil as a strategy to try and get it replaced with religious based abstinence only education (which has been shown to contain false information and is ineffective in preventing teen pregnancies and STDs).

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

So do the dogs/animals... hmm? How to say this?.... on the recieving end, like what is taking place? Is it a gay dog/animal also? Or is the gay animal the dominant one? The other, does it have a choice? Or does it have to just deal with it? Do they sniff out like minded creatures or are they just letting the other know whos boss? Is it out of love? Or just the need to get off? SO many questions! If only we had more developed minds than the animals with more funding for this important research for the gay dog gene. we would all know the answers.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by murphy22

You are misunderstanding what is written in that textbook, it has nothing to do with genetics. It has to do with hormone levels the developing fetus receives. You should skim through the text I linked to, some of your questions will be answered. That textbook cites many studies, many of which are freely available on the web, if you want to delve in to the source material.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed

Prenatal levels of sex hormones have a masculinizing or feminizing influence on the developing fetal brain. Laboratory research on animals has demonstrated that hormones given prenatally can masculinize female fetuses and feminize male fetuses, which results in same-sex social and mating behavior when the animals mature. Other prenatal conditions besides hormone levels probably influence development of sexual orientation.
- A basic human sexuality textbook

So, since depression, which is caused by a chemical imbalance, is considered to be a mental disorder, can we say that homosexuality, which according to your source is a chemical imbalance, is a mental disorder too?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Epiphron

I would say no, but I can see the argument.

For a "condition" to be labeled a mental disorder, it must cause the person anguish, or be debilitative in someway to their life. I am of the opinion that most negativity that arises from a person's homosexuality stems from self loathing related to social stigma. This is what gay pride is about, loving yourself "despite" having a "mental disorder". Once they accept themselves, the "problem" is solved.

A happy homosexual does not have a disorder.

Edit: Falling in love causes a chemical imbalance, is that a mental disorder?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Hormones! Yes! Why did I not see it? So how soon? When will this cure be availa...... ah..... I mean,..... drug to make more gay animals, available?.... yeah, thats it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.

--Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
    --Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
    --Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
    --Use snippets and links for external content.
    --Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

edit on 23-3-2011 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Gays have been reproducing for centuries. There is nothing wrong with their reproductive system.

The important thing today is - - - they no longer have to live a lie.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Gays have been reproducing for centuries. There is nothing wrong with their reproductive system.

With other gays?

Amazing. How did this happen?

Can you link me to something that shows how two men can have a baby. Cheers

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Huge thread.

And from a re-incarnation perspective. We are born a-sexual. A man in this life may have been a female in his last life. Could there be cross life slippage? If the males training into heterosexuality is weak, maybe his past life tendencies will prevail? Just thinking.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by Annee

With other gays?

Amazing. How did this happen?

Can you link me to something that shows how two men can have a baby. Cheers

Did I say with other same gender gays?

Let me re-post the thread title: The "If everyone was gay we wouldn't have children" argument

The term "gay" is accepted today as a universal term for all same gender attraction.

Point is - - - if everyone was "gay" (which includes lesbians) - - - reproduction would continue.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

If everyone were gay not only would we not have children... but there would be no humans at all... kinda obvious

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

If everyone was gay then we wouldn't reproduce. I'm not sure which biological lessons you are referring to... But gays cannot reproduce by having sex with another gay person.

Whereas heterosexuals can. That's my point.

The only gays who have children, have actually had sex with a member of the opposite sex. Which is not gay.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

For a "condition" to be labeled a mental disorder, it must cause the person anguish, or be debilitative in someway to their life. I am of the opinion that most negativity that arises from a person's homosexuality stems from self loathing related to social stigma. This is what gay pride is about, loving yourself "despite" having a "mental disorder". Once they accept themselves, the "problem" is solved.

What about zoophilia or other sorts of paraphilia? They’re legally classified as mental disorders and don’t cause the person anguish nor are they debilitative.

Also, those cases of being attracted to certain objects or animals are usually caused by early childhood experiences, so I’m wondering if perhaps the same could be true, at least in some cases, for homosexuals?

Falling in love causes a chemical imbalance, is that a mental disorder?

Every time I’ve fallen in love, it inevitably drives me absolutely crazy, and after the breakup I can’t help but question my sanity for doing such a stupid thing, so I would have to say yes.

Seriously though, I get your point, and I agree that there is nothing mentally wrong with homosexuality. I have no problem with people being gay. We're all human, and each have have the natural right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I'm honestly just curious as to how it happens.

But, since falling in love can trigger such imbalances, do you think it’s possible that the mother can be in any way responsible for the fetus’ hormonal chemistry?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Ok i hear psychology professors, when talking about anything sexual, relating us to animals. perhaps what is seen in the animal world is nothing more then a very strong desire to hump whatever is around, be it another male/female animal, or like one youtube clip showed us, a frog in the clutches of a chimp ( sick). my female dog jumped on top of a male dog and started humping him while he just sat there ( she was young, crazy women)

so arguing that homosexuality is a natural thing because animals do it, is ignorant.

It's not something people are born with.

all children are sensitive to some degree, when it comes to animals, or babies, or what have you, and express a dislike of the opposite sex (i.e "ewww boys" and "we don't like girls in our clubhouse). does this mean they are ALL homosexual and eventually grow out of it? no.

I had a friend, who was a typical guy in every way,then years later he went gay. i said alright, just dont hit on me (and we laughed, he didn't have the accent either lol)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join