It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "If everyone was gay we wouldn't have children" argument

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarmonicNights
reply to post by Nobama

You're seriously trying to deny the pervasiveness of AIDS in the gay community?
Everyone knows gay men are extremely promiscuous, which is a destructive lifestyle in itself.

Are you serious here? It's such a rediculous statement that I'm honestly not sure. If you are serious then I'd like to know what you are going off of because I am fairly deep in the gay community, I have a lot of gay friends and I am pansexual myself. (in case a definition is needed, pansexuals are capable of loving anyone regardless of gender, this includes transexuals) One gay couple I know has been mutually exclusive for years and married for much of that time, another guy I know hasn't had sex of any kind for 5 years... There's another couple I know that are only with each other, then there's the other person I know who has been with only one person in the last 4 years. You obviously don't have much experience with the gay community. Oh, and for the record I'm a woman who has been married for the last 6 months and with the same person for a couple years before that (also dated him when I was 12 and he was still 100% a man)

The gay community for the most part, while they would like complete acceptance, is more about wanting to leave their house with their significant others and be able to hold hands or whatever and not have someone chase them down trying to take their life. And please don't try and spew off statistics, it doesn't matter how often it happens, the simple fact is that people are murdered for being gay. People are murdered and suicide rates are higher, why would someone willingly choose that?

I don't care if you're for or against homosexuality, when it comes down to it the gay community are human beings just like everyone else and unless they are having sex on your front lawn or raping you then their lifestyle has no bearing on how you live your life. Same goes for the gay community, unless the christians are in your house preeching to you then let it go. Yes, I know they do that sometimes, I figure there's a lot more christians out there preeching to people that don't want to hear it then there are homosexual couples having sex on people's lawns.

This debate angers me so much as no one seems to use logic, but either way it will continue until everyone is either one or the other. People can't seem to accept those that are different then them. Live by the bible, live by the law, it doesn't matter, both seem to be changing. When the bible was written we were stoning children for misbehaving, the law once banned interracial marraiges, neither of those happen anymore (for the most part, not going to get into honor killings etc.) Perhaps it's more a fear of change, I have no idea but it's disgusting.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Wow, alot of homophobes on this site! What is the big deal?
Get a life.. I'm hetro for the record....

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Perhaps I should have added this in my last post but food for thought... The world has an overpopulation problem, is it not possible that nature is creating more homosexuals to even that out? Obviously gay people do not have children under normal circumstances so they aren't contributing to the problem and usually they go for adoption rather then artificial pregnancy methods so it would appear as though nature is solving it's issues rather efficiantly.
edit on 23-3-2011 by omegastar2007 because: spelling errors

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
When you look into it deeply, homosexuality is the ultimate expression of narcissistic lust, desiring the [same] flesh so much that all other options (opposite gender) become blurred or completely invisible. It serves no purpose for mankind but to admonish us from what is natural. Just one of the many barriers in place that tries to deceive and confuse the observer.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Double post.. sorry.

edit on 23/3/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The point being:

If the whole world was gay, you wouldn't have children.

Whether you're pro-gay or anti-gay.

The facts cannot be avoided.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
reply to post by Viking9019

Wow, alot of homophobes on this site! What is the big deal?
Get a life.. I'm hetro for the record....

I know mate, It's kind of scary how many people are so incredibly insecure in themselves that they feel so strongly about something they have never taken the time to try and understand. So much hate is unhealthy.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Is it homophobic to tell you, that you and your boyfriend cannot reproduce?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by Garfee

Not even a little bit homophobic mate.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Homosexuality isn't really what you can call ''having an attraction'' because it goes against the point of an attraction.
Opposites attract and the outcome is reproduction and yet with over 60% of homosexuals the outcome is some virus or disease.

I ducked out of this thread, but I have to get back in with that one. I'd like to see the source that shows homosexual partners have any higher rate of disease than heterosexual partners. I don't believe that to be the case, and in fact I believe the opposite to probably be true. Just maybe I can buy that homosexual men have a higher rate than heterosexual men, and there is a graphic reason for that, but when you look at all homosexual persons compared to all heterosexual persons, I would guess the homosexual rate is actually lower. I don't have a source, but that would be my educated guess from my experience.

Lets see the source for your 60% number.

And, not all attractions are opposites. Many successful relationships are between two like-minded individuals. The "opposites attract" fallacy is a romanticized version of the truth, and typically results in volatile relationships that don't work in the long-term.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by Garfee

Not even a little bit homophobic mate.

Thank you. I'm genuine thankyou. It seems when I point this out to other people, I get branded a Christian right wing homophobe. Which i'm certainly not.

I'm just addressing the point of the thread. Now if only the other people here would stop their tooth gnashing frenzies for a few minutes and take a step back. The world would be a happier place.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

It's true though.. If everyone was exclusively gay, there wouldn't be any children!

Vicky

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
We as a society decides what is acceptable. So my point is that if we decide that it is acceptable to have a homosexual relationship, the it makes it automatically morally ok. But lets say, for arguments sake, we live in a country where pedophiles are allowed to have relations with children. It makes it morally ok as well. ( im not comparing homosexuals to pedophiles, its just an example).

So there is no wrong or right, there is just socially acceptable, and with that rule , we can obliterate most of the laws of the world. If you dont fit in to the social structure ant there ways, you shall be shunned.

Personally, I think everyone just want someone to love, and be loved by someone. If it is of the same sex, so be it. Love doesn't have genitals!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Homosexuality goes against the Laws of Nature and therefore is not Natural.

Nevertheless, people who classify themselves as Homosexuals should be treated with tolerance and respect. We don't need any more hate in this world - especially over something as trivial as a person's sexual orientation.
edit on 23/3/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
*SNIP*

Sorry, Teenage Son just been slapped for posting this comment on my laptop whilst I was in the kitchen!

edit on 23-3-2011 by Ahabstar because: Removed Quote of a Post that has been removed

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

"Homosexuality is normal throughout all animal populations and is not a matter of anything going "wrong". What's "wrong" is putting it on the same par as bestiality and pedophilia as you just did above."

Pedophilia and Beastiality ( in this sense being having sex with another species) are also practiced in the animal kingdom, as is incest, murder, survival of the fittest etc....

This does not make it right for humans as well. We are above all animals, anyone who claims otherwise needs to show me an animal that has as advanced of a society as us. Now before animal activist jump down my throat, we are superior and need to treat them with the care and respect our natural position has given us.

And I know plenty of gay people due to my brother-in-law being gay. They are human just like everyone else. In fact some are more understanding of others and one of his ex-bf's was one of the nicest people I have ever met.
Yet my brother in law is the most egotistical selfish person I have ever met. I can say that he was not "born that way" only that his choices and other areas of his lifestyle lead him to fit in with gay culture, and that his acceptance through that (where he has never received any from his own father), have caused this choice.

Because this is his choice, a hypothetical scenario of everyone being gay and not reproducing is impossible as no one is born that way, only that surrounding situations and the acceptance of the gay subculture often can convince someone that they were.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by meeneecat

And blah blah blah...Or in your case, it would seem that the mouth serves this purpose. I'm not even going to repeat in quotes what you go on to say after that last bit...Did it ever occur to you that gay people as well as straight people can use protection to prevent disease? Did it ever occur to you that not all gay people have anal sex. Did it ever occur to you that (considering there's more straight people than gay) that straight people have more anal sex than gay people? But needless to say you have proven yourself to be nothing more than a raving, frothing, bigoted ignoramus with nothing better to say than "pee pee go in lady hole...gay people poo poo hole BAD!!!"

And this is where it comes down to - personal attacks because you can't justify sodomy. It's wrong when homosexuals do it, and its wrong when heterosexuals do it.

Rationalizing anal sex by using the argument 'They do it so we can do it!' is a 5th grader argument. If everyone jumps off a cliff, does that make it right? Of course not. The fact of the matter is that the poster your insulting IS correct and you're just coming up with lame excuses to justify your rationale.

The fact remains that whatever your defintion of 'Natural' is (because there are about 20 of them floating around this thread) homosexuals are in capable of reproduction. Check, got it. Does this, in of itself make homosexuality wrong? Not necessarily. However, when taken into a complete contexutal overview - you are forced to ask yourself 'why can't homosexuals reproduce?' Males lack the biological parts necessary for reproduction. Thus, they are, if they are not having sex for the purpose of reproduction (which, I might add, contrary to alot of what people think in this thread, heterosexual couples DO engage in...a couple married folk I know personnally infact only have sex TO procreate) having sex purely for the pleasure of it.

Whatever your definition of pleasure is (IE, physical, emotional, love, etc) doesn't matter. Pleasure is pleasure. In order to engage in said homosexal pleasure, sodomy must (typically) occur. Fact. These acts pose a serious health risk (is this just coincidence?). If human beings were meant to be able to pleasure and reproduce same sexes then don't you think Mother Nature (or God?) or evolution would have deemed it appropriate to reduce said health hazards by natural selection and adapation? But that didn't happen did it?

Switching gears - Homosexuals consistently use the "I was born this way" argument. I refuse to believe this pigeon holing argument. By saying that, you are telling me that I do not have a choice and am thus forced to be straight. Who are you tell me what my sexual preference is? If I chose to be gay, or bisexual, or straight I'll be gay, bisexual or straight thank you very much. Thus, by logical deduction, one cannot be born a sexual preference. It is a choice and is learned. Also, as a side bar - I also refuse to believe that my 3 month old infant has sexual desires at all, especially one toward a specific group.

In conclusion, if and when such a time occurs that the majority of Americans (or the world for that matter) are homosexual vice heterosexual perhaps the tables will turn and heterosexuality will be the new perversion. I believe homosexuality as stated before is a perversion of the normal human function of heterosexual relationships. If the homosexuality community would simply admit this, and be content with it - admit that they chose to be this way and simply want to be able to live how they chose instead of making up excuses to rationalize it - and stop shoving it in our (the straight community's) faces constantly perhaps they'd actually get somewhere. Instead, they kick and scream and whine and make up lame excuses.

edit on 23-3-2011 by zeeon because: typo

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join