It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival Masters. If You Could Only Carry 3 Things What Would They Be?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
I understand that everyone has dreams of the perfect BOB with all the fixens, but lets just say you only had enough time to gather 3 things because your bag was destroyed and you had no time to sort and choose or repair . what would be the 3 things that were most important to you for your survival?

I carry a full tang 4140 tomahawk, so definitely I'm taking it. my camel back full of water is an absolute must, and my led flashlight. with just those 3 things my chances are pretty good that i will survive, because i can pretty much make everything else of real importance from nature due to where i live in Missouri and not have to find a walmart...lol

edit on 22-3-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

Three individual items? TOUGH call. I would say:
Doug Ritter RSK MK3 full-tang survival knife: www.dougritter.com...
Fresnel Lens Magnifier: www.grannysstore.com...
Berkey sport water filter: www.berkeyfilters.com...

Now, if I could take three COMPOSITE items in a good-sized bug-out bag:

DEFINTELY a Doug Ritter pocket survival pak plus: www.dougritter.com...

Full printouts of the files at: thepiratebay.org...

AND...me copy of the bibble - preferably a New King James Version.

There's always a variation here, but as long as I can build a debris hut to live in, something to cut things with, and a way to start fire, hopefully I'll otherwise be able to catch/snare or forage for food and be good to go.

Peace!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
In a world where my awesome idea exists::
1) A combination of the storage and extra tools of the Rambo knife, the sharpener and magnesium block (or whatever it was to make a spark...) of the Bear knife mentioned early on in the thread, and the size and shape of a machete. If I owned this tool, the handle would have some first aid basics inside...

If ^this^ exists, let me know...LINKS!!

2) Medium-large tent. A shelter is relatively easy to build from nature, but in case I had to move around at all, I'd want a tent. Easy to setup, waterproof, and they have various pieces and parts that may come in handy at some point.

So there's the Blade and Shelter...What for that third item...

I think I'd have to go with...

3) Some sort of Almanac or book that could help to identify plants. I think this would be a great choice for me because I'm not much of a "plant" person...I've actually never thought about that. Time to start learning!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Dual hand-axes, (does that count as two separate items? or one package deal?)
folding steel spade, whetstone.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
My full tang knife
My firestarter
Box of lawn bags

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I'd grab my cell phone, lighter and meds.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensdoexist

charlie wouldn't be charlie without DADDY's influence, he would be just another freak without any money

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
- Fixed blade knife with handle wrapped in 550 para cord.

- 'Alternative' first aid kit which also includes herbs and tinctures (such as cayenne, lobelia ,comfrey), colloidal silver (with silver wire, 9v battery, 3x emergency water packets), MSM, MMS etc.
(If I had to ditch these due to too many items listed I would replace with a sling shot or a fishing kit - which ever is closest to hand.)

- Giant garbage bags.

I always carry a powerful keyring torch, condom and lighter so most likely would end up being stuck with these items if the SHTF. Oops, I also carry a flat multi-too in wallet and alfoil. Still need to add silver coinage as well though so thanks for the thread!.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
pound of weed

machete

radio

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

somebody stole my victorianox swiss army knife,but the one i had had a very good buck saw 3-4 inches long.now the three things i would grab would be my kid if around then any food available and gorge while moving quickly to my prepacked bag. somethings learned you never forget a boyscout is always prepared even though not one anyway!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
My knife with a firesteel attached to it by a 550 paracord lanyard

A torch

First aid kit

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Chocolate marshmallow graham cracker. *BAM*

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Beer, kuzy, lawn chair.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Assuming I'm already wearing decent clothes for the adventure...
Knife
Rope
Swiss Army Backpack

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Therian

I dont think your car keys would not be of any help being that u cant take your car. its only three things .

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
toilet paper,water,flashlight

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a hachet

firestarter

.45 acp w/ one 11 round mag

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a Crossbow with a knife bayonett (does ammo count?) a Flashlight and water
edit on 23-3-2011 by fnord because: decided to read.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
For me, it would have to be a way to make fire, (flint and steel) a bladed weapon, (Coldsteel SRK) and a way to make clean potable water. (PUR pocket water purifier) A freebee will be the experience and information that I have in my mind to draw from. Inform yourself and train your mind and you will be an extra step ahead of the other guy.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Three things are:
Ducktape
Water purification tablets
Swiss Army knife

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join