It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival Masters. If You Could Only Carry 3 Things What Would They Be?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Soul, mind, and heart ought to do it

Material wise, hmmmmm

i would say a knife kit (or swiss survival knife), high tech compound bow (guns will alert predators, humans, zombies etc), and a pack lighters with magnifying glass. Use the magnifying glass for sunny days and lighters for cloudy days.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I always carry a Knife....fishing line.....and a piece of striking flint....If i have to explain these three items then you will not survive.....and i will.....as for people who say they will carry a gun.....it is funny how fast ammunition runs out and how heavy it is.
Life is simple and require very few needs to survive in most circumstances.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
3 machine guns.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Compound Bow- For reuse of arrows, and ease of making arrows when needed.
Flint- For obvious reasons
Utility Machete w/ serrated edge, can opener, and built in sharpener.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Some lemon scented shampoo

my credit cards

iphone

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Let this be a gentle reminder that while laws don't apply to certain "items" in SHTF scenario, the T&C's do apply on ATS. As such, it would be in your kind interest to mention a different item, regardless of your intention.

The SUSPENSION of illicit drugs/mind altering substance topics on ATS

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
1)my gun 2)ammo 3)more ammo

then im gonna find the survivalists carrying knives and take their supplies.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Shotgun, shells and Bible.....the Lord helps those who help themselves.
Just kidding....I would say: water purifier, firestarter and swiss army knife (MacGuyver certified).
edit on 22-3-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by letscit

with all that ammo rattling we will hear you coming and my crossbow takes you without a sound lol.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

im not a survival expert by any means but i'd probably carry a flint/lighter, a good knife, and a water filter

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Swanseadog

Crossbow trumps gun, ammo and body armor also....IF you are accurate (as you'll only get 1 shot).and body armor

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Swanseadog

Crossbow trumps Gun, Ammo and Body Armor also.....IF you are accurate (as you only get 1 shot).

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It all depends on where you are bugging out to. Most people seem to think that they will be heading for the woods or high country where they will have to live off the land. In that case, knives, fire starters and extra clothing seems like a good idea.

However I have the feeling that most people who have to "bug out" will be hiding out in plain sight so to speak. Most will stay in an urban environment where they can blend in to the crowds and stay anonymous even in a crowd of people. In this case disposable cash will be number one on my list. Knife for personal protection and other uses, and last but not least...extra clothes.

edit on 3/22/2011 by Sparky63 because: spelling....it's always spelling!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The first thing I would grab would be a racksack, and pick up other stuff on the way (don't know where I would be going) :-)

More seriously, as most people have mentioned, a knife is essential, I think a good hunting knife would be better that a swiss army knife. And a knife is more important than a gun, you can make things with a knife, although you can take things with a gun.

A lighter, good to be able to make fire, but lighters run out, better to take a piece of flint.

And a tough water bottle.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Gerber 31-000751 Bear Grylls Survival Series Ultimate Knife, Serrated Edge

Lifesaver Bottle 4000 Ultra Filtration Water Bottle

Adventure Medical Kits UltraLight and Watertight .5 Kit

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
horse

hunting dog

gun

kx

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Hunting knife (assuming items attached to the sheath don't count, the magnesium stick thingy is on part of the sheath)

550 power cord

fishing kit, (this goes if fire starter on sheath doesn't count)

in an urban non shtf situation, couple hundred dollars, pocket knife, cell phone

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Most stuff you could get from the land...

Except ax is a must. I would say pen and paper then just because writing can do so much for your sanity and history.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I would bring my replica rambo knife a bottle of water and a bag of tabacco with papers

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
1. GOOD fixed blade knife

2. Blast match

3. Aluminum water bottle ( I can boil water in the bottle to purify)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join