It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If HAARP is real...then why don't they use this technology to clear the weather for rocket launches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I do believe that HAARP is used to for other things than they say it's for. But one thing that always bothered me about it is...why are they not clearing the weather here for rocket launches at the space center? It costs a lot of money to have workers there to prepare the launch only to to have it scrubbed by lighting strikes, and cloud conditions. Where's HAARP when you need them...lol

blogs.orlandosentinel.com...

Anybody here who has tried to catch a shuttle launch...can probably tell you how hard it is, because the rockets get scrubbed (delayed) very often due to weather. Unless you live here, you are VERY lucky to watch them launch.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I don't know that they have precise control over the weather to that degree. I also don't think they fully understand the side-effects of everything their doing with HAARP. I believe it's still very much in a research phase, or trial and error. Perhaps that is why.

Clarification edit: I don't think their fully confident in using it over populated areas with their own government workers.
edit on 3/22/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I would hazard a guess that the side effects of HAARP might affect the electronics ?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
If the sky needs clearing HAARP isn't required, there are many companies that can cloud seed news.bbc.co.uk...

A major theme park in the UK is looking into it news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It is actually very common to use "Cloud Seeding" to cause the clouds to start raining, after which they will lighten up or disappear. Either way, the risk of rain is near-eliminated.

I believe it is the Russians who frequently use military planes equipped with the specific equipment to clear the skies for their national holiday. The planes cause the clouds to rain down away from the destination, thus making sure that they don't reach the parade or test site.

If clouds posed such a large problem for NASA, I am sure they would find a way to cope with it - Without HAARP.

Edit:
jameshawkings beat me to it.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Whipfather because: (no reason given)

top topics

join