It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One year later, the clean up crews are dying

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This really made me cry.

Many of us warned them of what would happen to their health because of the oil and corexit. Lots of them just took the money and laughed at us.

I wish we would have been wrong about this whole thing... of course, you'll never see this woman or anyone like her on the MSM. Hell it took congress 9 years and John Stewart to pass a bill to help the 9/11 first responders who were sick and dying... which thousands died before they had any help.

You think congress or the MSM will talk about those workers when there's not even something ``as important`` as 9/11 connected to it?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Wow...IF this is real, which I personally think it is, (but you never know), that's disgusting.
I don't know what we can do to help, and we sure can't touch a corporation like BP.
Look on the bright side---if there is an afterlife they will reap what thew sow.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Just another blantant example as to why you do not trust your government?

2nd line crazy times

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Man how sad, God help them. I remember people saying Corexit is ok to use and no big deal and I would email the toxic information to them and still no big deal. All it did is sink the oil to the ocean floor killing everything there and now it's killing the people that helped the greedy in their time of need. I bet this will be seen in people that live near the coasts of that spill as well. So Sad

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalControl
Look on the bright side---if there is an afterlife they will reap what thew sow.

And feel it going there. This is plain ignorance and I feel for them all who didnt sense the danger involved why working there.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I saw this.....notice how a doctor did not say that this caused it......this is clearly fake and someone creating this should be arrested for fraud

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

So this was a fake presentation to influence neg. towards BP???

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Just another example of corporations putting MONEY ahead of everything else.

This made me sad when I watched it, also angry!

Now it seems they are saying there is nothing to fear about Japans radiation!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I watched a video of her a while back and she didn't look this bad. Back then she was showing you some boils here and there on her skin. now she looks like she's dying.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I saw this.....notice how a doctor did not say that this caused it......this is clearly fake and someone creating this should be arrested for fraud

Yea, right on.

I mean we never held anybody accountable so at least we would finally have an arrest in the Gulf Oil Spill.

No need to wait for the facts or truth now. We didn't wait before...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I seem to recall a story right around the clean-up operations kicking off that it was virtually impossible to find a surviving member of the Exxon/Valdez clean-up crew.

I'm at work so I cannot research, but does anyone else recall this?

A very sad situation to be certain.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
And now, the TSA people are told the scanners are safe, nothing to worry, "radiation is GOOD for you" . When will we see the TSA operators dying for a minimum wage income??

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The Gulf was hit with many “unknowns”…………..Many think it was the Corexit…………and it may very well be but I lean more to what was mixed with the chemical……..

For those who don’t know me and our project please take a look at some results we just released concerning rain samples that we tested.

This is our hypothesis....

Our hypothesis, supported by the presence of the terminal coc aine metabolite EME in rainwater originating in the Gulf of Mexico, is that BP’s efforts at bioremediation of the Deep Horizon Oil spill included the introduction of oil-degrading microbes that were genetically engineered to have the gene for the methyl-esterase that initiates the metabolism of coc aine. These microbes were fed coc aine on or after being introduced into the Gulf waters. Their waste was excreted into the Gulf and was introduced to the water cycle, in all likelihood along with a variety of dispersant metabolites, by one of the many tropical storm systems common to the region. These compounds were carried by the system over land where they ended up falling as rain.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-3-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
*bump*

S&F&

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
i would like to say, whether she is telling the truth or not, i don't know, but, i am an operations manager for one of the environmental companies that responded to the spill down there. I have a handfull of people still working down on the cleanup, and at the height of the cleanup, had close to a couple thousand down there. I had people on boats, on land, at staging areas, decon areas, transportation areas, etc. Some of these people, I see everyday, as they are still employed by me locally. We have had no incidences of long term, or dibilitating, illnesses. About the worse we had was acute cases of exposure, due to employees side stepping protective equipment requirements, which was minimal, heat related illnesses, and minor injuries. The nature of the climate in that area, very hot and humid, the way the employees "relaxed" after work - probably supported the salaries of a few brewing company executives - and other external factors, would not have left the body in prime physical shape - YET, again, we have had no incidences of compromised health issues.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

That breaks my heart. It always the ones who rush in to save the people and the ecosystem who suffer the most.

Those dispersants are worse than DDT in terms of toxic hazard to human life. They were designed to deal with small oil tracks from a hull breach. It does not disperse the oil, it alters the surface tension of water to absorb the remant oil. Any product that attacks hydraulic bonds will have the same effect in a creature made almost entirely of water. Their weakness is their volatility, as they break up rather quickly in oxygen.

There is little more that can be done after exposure, other than activated charcoal gavage, O2 pulmonery lavage, and a blood plasma transfusion, and lyposuction (not a joke) in extreme cases, as this molecule will remain trapped in natural bodyfat. The lungs are the most at risk. But there have been some advancements recently that can help like polymerized O2 for head injuries. Hyperbaric chambers are not recommended in patients exposed to these reagents. Doctors are on your side, but they need to know the science first.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
This is so sad...

Next question is, when will all this trickle inland to the food chain...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by YAHUWAH SAVES
This is so sad...

Next question is, when will all this trickle inland to the food chain...

There is an article on this site somewhere indicating that this is already taking place. From what I recall, the author pointed out that a major fertilizer plant in the area has been taking fish likely tainted with chemicals in the Gulf and creating fertilizer from that raw material. This fertilizer is then shipped all over the country (world?). I believe this mixture is also used for a basis of chicken feed.

IF this is truly a poisoning issue, the real question is "What IS actually safe to eat now?"

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I was an emergency cleanup worker on the Gulf coast and have recently developed a couple of health issues. Is there real info available on what corexit actually causes or might cause? I have looked and found very little.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Corexit Allows Oil To Penetrate Into The Cells & Every Organ System In The Body

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
So apparently Corexit and Oil aren't as bad by themselves, in terms of potential health hazard to humans. However when mixed together it is a lethal combination.

Doctor explains how Corexit allows oil to penetrate every organ system in the human body.

Gulf toxicologist: Shrimpers exposed to Corexit “bleeding from the rectum”; Dispersant “ruptures red blood cells, causes internal bleeding”

Horrible situation... made far worse.

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
Examiner: Shocking human poison levels in latest Gulf tests

While Dr. Soto and Wilma Subra of Subra Company are finding shocking levels of poisons in each individual they test, Gregg Hall, who tested with VOC levels "off the chart" and lost feeling in his feet, recovered those feelings only one month after leaving the Gulf Coast. As long as the masses continue to breathe the gulf air, drink the water and eat the food there, their health will continue to deteriorate.

Dr. Soto's and Mr. Jeff Rense's statements made during the Rense Radio Network interview that became the most popular and life-saving radio program about the Gulf operation, were reiterated in an Al Jazeera report on January 5: "It's criminal for the government to tell people to eat the contaminated seafood, and that it's alright for people go to our toxic beaches and swim in the contaminated water.

COREXIT - Shocking Human POISON levels in LATEST gulf tests

edit on (3/25/11) by AllSeeingI because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join