It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube : Lots of plonkers on here recently

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
A reminder to all....
ATS Terms and Conditions of Use

15k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on ATS or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

Thanks for that reminder - it seems that part of the Terms and Conditions is forgotten fairly often...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by awakenone

I agree completely: I have noticed quite a few newbies just in the past three or four weeks. I didn't follow through to see if this software had been possibly employed but it does appear to be a legitimate concern. Something ATS should and very well may be looking at right now. I do intend to do some searching myself. Perhaps in the near future we may be able to track some of the down and in some manor expose it?
Star for you.. DH

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thank you for reiterating that, Springer. I've been reporting such things for quite a while. One I reported last night was a thread with simply a title and a video link. Not a word of comment from the OP as to why it was important, what the OP's opinions on the video/subject were, and not even a description of what the video contained.

Even though the OP did the same thing a couple more times, namely posted video links with zero or virtually no information about them at all, the thread was not removed. Instead, the OP was simply referred to the T&Cs.

I find that bothersome, because for new members who might actually be chasing stars and flags, they get some for basically doing nothing more than finding some video, posting a link, then sitting back and waiting for responses. And they usually get some. It hardly helps to maintain the standards here. It also creates more work for the mods because "like breeds like", and when new members see that others are posting minimalist threads and frankly getting away with it, some will do the same.

And to the OP of this thread:
Good one. I'd only say that in my opinion, all members should be expected to read the T&Cs and adhere to them. When joining, they agreed to the T&Cs so they ought to know what they are. I repeat: in my opinion.

So, when I see such threads started, I'll continue to report them. If we want people to post useful, thoughtful and interesting content, we have to be pro-active. For most of us, reporting is the only option. I reported another a few minutes ago for exactly the same reason so I'll be interested to see what happens.

EDIT to add: the one I reported a few minutes ago has now been 404'd. I think that's fair enough as the OP put almost zero effort into it and offered no opinion or info on what the video link contained. The one I reported last night, however, is still up, still open for replies and now on its second page, even though the breach of T&Cs was identical. So, there appears to be a fair degree of variation in interpeting and applying the standards. But as that's up to the Admin to consider I'll say no more.

Mike

edit on 9/11/11 by JustMike because: added an eta

<< 1  2   >>

join