It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube : Lots of plonkers on here recently

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Lol plonker. My Dad still uses that word

2ndline ftw?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I really think that this is just long term users whinging, but hey I'm only a newbie, that doesn't know much as I've been told lots on here. So what if they post a video that has been debunked, called hoax or a "plonker"? Isn't that what this forum is about? finding the evidence. How can you find evidence is you scare people away, call them names, jump up and down on them for their veiws and call them "Idiots, Morons, Why did you post that"?

So far all I've seen in ATS is a bunch of long termers thinking, that they have been given the key to wisdom based on How long they have been here and how many stars they have!

You just keep on chastising people for putting up You tube vids and when real evidence, comes along and gets posted on You Tube, because thats where the everyday person goes, you guys don't post it, you guys will miss out.

I know that not everybody and in this world, probably under 1% of the whole population of the world has visited a UFO forum and that makes ATS's cut of that less than 1%. Do you really think that since not many of them know about these places, they are gunna post here first.

I don't think so, You tube is where the masses post videos, simple as get over it.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Good point Isaac, but as already pointed out, those who agree the most don't Plonk. Sigh

But perhaps if certain practices were generally adopted (and visible when reading through most threads), newer members would almost automatically adopt the same practices?

So, this thread is aimed more at encouraging non-plonkers to consider adopting such rather quick and easy practices rather than being aimed directly at plonkers.

Anyway, I'll give it a try myself for a while. I've adopted this practice in a thread I've started at this link : "Supermoon spotter's UFO shock" : Chinese Lanterns?

All I'm really putting forward for consideration is that other members also include something along the first couple of lines of that thread.

All the best,

Isaac

P.S. I don't view plonking as a life threatening matter - but I thought it worth having a quick discussion of a couple of potential easy steps to try and reduce it...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slipdig1
I really think that this is just long term users whinging, but hey I'm only a newbie, that doesn't know much as I've been told lots on here. So what if they post a video that has been debunked, called hoax or a "plonker"? Isn't that what this forum is about? finding the evidence. How can you find evidence is you scare people away, call them names, jump up and down on them for their veiws and call them "Idiots, Morons, Why did you post that"?

That's not totally the point that's being made here (its boring for me to see the same video 15x and I'm a newbie too....) The point is that people are just posting youtube videos without any real explanation... For example, if you found a youtube video and posted it you should at least post why you find it of interest rather than what's commonly happening.

OMG!!!!!! What the hell?

which is something we see time and time again often over video's of a single light in the dark with zero points of reference and which are years old. It doesn't hurt the poster to point out why they think the video is of interest....

Common sense says that if a video has been knocking about on youtube for a long time then its going to of made it here.

I agree that it is very difficult to find specific youtube UFO's using the search on ATS but if you are new then surely its not going to hurt to read back over a few pages of threads to see what's come up lately, if your interested in the subject surely that's what you;d actually want to do?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

However, I’m sure most members of ATS have not studied the Terms and Conditions in any detail (nor do I think it's realistic to criticise someone for failing to do so).

Ahh... But doesn't the law say that the ignorance of the Law is no excuse?...

I agree with you 100%! It is sometimes boring to fall on a video that has been discussed a week or so before!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I agree with you SLIPDIG. Especially paragraph two. Thats one of the main reasons i have never posted in the forums. I would want feedback. I read alot of threads everyday. Just seems to be alot of hate towards other members if people dont like what they post.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
Third, and Most Importantly...

- YOUR comments, opinion, questions or concerns regarding such.

This one apparently cannot be stressed enough, as many people seem to "forget" to do this. I will often instantly close a thread in which the OP is nothing more than the title of the video accompanied by a link. Regardless of the content of the video.

Really?

Could you explain to me exactly how you, "instantly close a thread in which the OP is nothing more than the title of the video accompanied by a link," please? I'd be fascinated to learn how...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Have you seen that great hat ufo ? I'm sure it hasn't been posted before dreadfully sorry if it has anyway looks real defo not cgi IMHO.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this up. This is the reason why i have given up on the Aliens and UFO forum..... well not totally. With the countless threads in huge blinking lights "SMOKING GUN FOOTAGE OF ALIEN" with some craptackular video along the line of a man wrapped in foil stumbling over lawn furniture... or night footage of air planes calling it a UFO

It will only worsen when school lets out for summer and all the kids come to ATS to make "I am an Alien" threads. Then there is the never ending rehashing of fake videos rearing their ugly head "i don't know if this has been posted but" aghhhh there is a search feature USE IT!

Here is an idea, let our new members take a crash course in ufology like a test. See where their strengths or weaknesses are and if they are mentally competent enough to know what a plane looks like at least. Really i have fought the war on yt against this latest sensation/craze of hoaxers noobs and out right sillyness. It is an uphill battle, i debunk one hoaxer 2 more pop up... like whack a mole.

edit on 26-4-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

It will only worsen when school lets out for summer and all the kids come to ATS to make "I am an Alien" threads.

It seems like it has been awhile since there was a good one.
I'm rather looking forward to the next one.
Good times ...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

It s a little x on your tab to close the thread. geeesh!!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Well that is what the grey area is for, but yeah they are fun.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bourbon2nite
reply to post by Pimander

I reckon you might have misunderstood me there mate. That isn't closing a thread. As far as I'm aware only mods and admin can close threads. If that dude can close thread then he has more than one account which is not permitted. I'm told that there are no sock puppets allowed on ATS.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
Really?
Could you explain to me exactly how you, "instantly close a thread in which the OP is nothing more than the title of the video accompanied by a link," please? I'd be fascinated to learn how...
Paranoid much??

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/912c114e2793.jpg[/atsimg]

Originally posted by bourbon2nite

I reckon you might have misunderstood me there mate. That isn't closing a thread. As far as I'm aware only mods and admin can close threads. If that dude can close thread then he has more than one account which is not permitted. I'm told that there are no sock puppets allowed on ATS.
Again-> Paranoid much??

Due to the Firefox theme that I use, it is not actually an 'X,' but it is the exact same thing. Even after reading Bourbon's comment, the thought never crossed your mind to possibly reckon that you are the one who misunderstood?

...and uuumm, yeah, that IS closing a thread.

#1 - I open a thread

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

You just described closing a tab - not a thread. The thread is still open on ATS you haven't "closed it". Just a misunderstanding.... Sorry, I wasn't setting out to offend.

I'm also not paranoid at all. Well not much anyway
I've basically got my eye open for possible sock puppets. They do exist you know (see below).

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 27/4/11 by Pimander because: typo

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

reply to post by BrokenCircles

You just described closing a tab - not a thread. The thread is still open on ATS you haven't "closed it". Just a misunderstanding....

lol
Yes. it is only closing a tab, but from my perspective, closing the tab also closes the thread. After I close it, I can no longer see it.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
While i agree that there is no excuse for lazy posting of u-tube videos because of a lack of simply using the ATS search engine; That there is a real possibility of users just uploading videos on here to merely gain more"hits" it also has to be remembered that people see different things in videos and individual powers of observation can and does vary from individual to individual , that said people should use common sense in judging where a certain video is worth taking the time of users to look at or follow up on;That there has been so many hoaxes discovered on ATS is a good thing for the power of investigation ect on here is exposing hoaxers and that in my book is always welcome;
edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
A reminder to all....
ATS Terms and Conditions of Use

1k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on ATS or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

So remember:

* Link
* Description
* Review/Opinion

edit on June 22nd 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I have a couple of real life friends who are way into conspiracy stuff, like myself. I'm not totally gung-ho about it, and I certainly believe very little specifically of what the new-age/conspiracy movements have to offer. The group of friends has recently become more and more aware of the amount of BS passed off as legitimate whatever, in UFO videos, in conspiracies in general, just anywhere there is a counterculture movement. It's making it difficult to believe in UFOs or EBEs or spirit or mind.

Thank you for the thread Isaac, I agree with you 100% and think that this should be necessary. I don't think Isaac is saying to not post every potential bit of evidence available, just that there seem to be as many new threads which are repeats of old threads as there are new threads with new videos of chinese lanterns.

Ok, this totally isn't the place for it, but I'm just going to say it here: We don't need evidence of ET visitation to earth. All that is going to do is divide our planet (so long as the ET were not strictly anti-human) and really screw us up. We need to fix all our problems ourselves without depending on some outside force to come in and balance out our self-generated internal issues. We need to fix them from within. What does it matter if TPTB admit there are aliens and they have had contact with us? Does that really change where we conquered "citizens" stand?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetsuo
Ok, this totally isn't the place for it, but I'm just going to say it here: We don't need evidence of ET visitation to earth. All that is going to do is divide our planet (so long as the ET were not strictly anti-human) and really screw us up. We need to fix all our problems ourselves without depending on some outside force to come in and balance out our self-generated internal issues. We need to fix them from within. What does it matter if TPTB admit there are aliens and they have had contact with us? Does that really change where we conquered "citizens" stand?

On the other hand...

One of the reasons for all the problems humans have is an inflated view of how important they are. It all started when humans were taught something rather silly.

King James Bible: "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." bible.cc...

Is it any wonder humans can't "fix all our problems ourselves" with that mindset. Perhaps if "man" knew that "he" wasn't so important in the scheme of things and had a bit of humility things might just start to change. Humans are not the rulers of any world.

When does a child become a good citizen? When they start to understand their place in the world/society they live in, of course. When humanity is gifted with knowing it's place in the universe - and only then - will it have the maturity to "fix all our problems ourselves".

Are you on my team or not?

edit on 22/6/11 by Pimander because: link

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join