It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation Levels 20km Away from Fukishima Nuclear Power Plant 1,600 Times the Normal Level

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Not much news is flowing out of Japan anymore, so you have to dig to find anything.
I found this on The Intel Hub.

If true , we are all in trouble.

Link : theintelhub.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

I wouldn't go so far as to say we are all in trouble....20km....if my math is correct is i think, what, 11 or 12 miles away from the plant so yes...while not at all a good thing, that's not all that surprising considering the magnitude of what's gone down. Theres still nearly 6,000 miles between the west coast and japan though and factor wind dilution ect. in and I can't say i'm close to the point of panicking. Vigilant, yes...but it's still not time for anyone not in close proximity to Japan to be full on alarmist quite yet I don't think

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Was the 161 microsievert/hr a peak or an average? Was it localized in one particluar spot or was it widepsread?

Without context, this is just scaremongering.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I was going to get some canned food to send over there but with radiations levels that extreme will it even get delivered?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It looks like the Japanese and Obama will try to cover-up the out of control reactors and exposed fuel rods at Fukushima the same way the U.S. government covered-up the Gulf oil disaster.

Japan’s Prime Minister Naoto Kan has proclaimed he can see “light at the end of the tunnel” and that progress has been made at the number one and two reactors at the plant.

His light at the end of the tunnel as I see it is the light you see right after you die.....

Photo Evidence: Temperature in Fuel Rod Pool Above Boiling Point
www.prisonplanet.com...
edit on 22-3-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

It'll come back to rear it's head, look at all of the "goop" that came back up into the ocean from the surface.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Ya know just last night the wife and daughter were watching a NBC News story about the folks removed from the Damaged plant...

Well first you need to know I'm a retired Marine and my family and I were stationed in Japan for a lot of years... we speak Nipponese... anyway so you get this American talking head interviewing folks at one of these shelters... their translator is saying this man used to work at the plant... then in English they go on and on about how this is a safe place to be and how the crises is starting to stabilize... only in the background we can hear what that man is really saying, no where is safe A literal translation would have been like "More More away no good, it will be bad everywhere"

this coming from a guy who worked at the plant
edit on 22-3-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

If the guy in the background was saying what the english speakers were, I would have been astounded. I would have expected the words you credit him with. But if this does not paint a GLORIOUSLY clear picture of the BS we are being fed, I don't know what would.

EDIT to add: Daddy, you should start a thread with this information!
edit on 3/22/2011 by Amaterasu because: add

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I dont know I have enough to start a tread with...
I mean I dont even have the vid but yeah this happens all the time... and it wasnt just a minor misunderstanding or mix up more like a complete 180 from what the announcer was saying...

Still I go back to the news website and see if I can did it up k

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I hope you can find a vid of this exchange. But even if it's anecdotal, I would start a thread telling what I saw and ask others to keep an eye out for the vid...

Good luck!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Thanks for your response. I know we are being lied to... that's why I'm looking for private monitoring
to verify what we are being told publicly.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

Look I can tell you for fact that Japan has a tighter hold on it's press then we do here in the states...but...
Here's a link to a Japanese News station we service men and women used to use
Kyodo News

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

not do dispute this because i'm quite certain no translators say what the person is actually saying a good chunk of the time...but what is the context of everywhere though? You can't say whether everywhere could mean EVERYWHERE or everywhere could mean everywhere in Japan. Both would be bad but I just can't interpret this without having known the context.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by onyx718

not do dispute this because i'm quite certain no translators say what the person is actually saying a good chunk of the time...but what is the context of everywhere though? You can't say whether everywhere could mean EVERYWHERE or everywhere could mean everywhere in Japan. Both would be bad but I just can't interpret this without having known the context.

Frankly, I don't think that matters. Whether it means Japan or the planet, the translator is fully falsifying the words of that man. Slightly off, I could allow. 180 degrees? Not a chance.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

oh of course, either is extremely bad there's no question about that so is complete blatant mistranslation. I agree. I jsut always like context that's all

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by onyx718

Well, I guess I would too, but the fact of the gross "mistranslation" - no...the gross LIES - is the disturbing part. The range of the incident LIED about is important in its own standing, but the most disturbing aspect of this report is that English speakers are being lied to.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by onyx718

As to context I cant answer that...
this vid was one of those all encompasing wrap-ups of what's happened there over the weekend... so they jumped around a lot in the story but you can here the translator ask this man... Do you feel safer here??? some 16 miles away...
then just before the english part starts you see him shaking his head and that's when he speaks...
Now it was the ladies who were watching but what I caught was words like... and I will use their sounds like spelling (mo toe mo toe Dokeru Dame then some mumbling and you hear him say "Dasai" whitch is a slang for really bad.... it goes on for a several seconds but I'd really have to ask the wife when I get home what all he said...
edit on 22-3-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I'm very interested in what you all believe was actually said. Thanks again

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by L.HAMILTON

I'm very interested in what you all believe was actually said. Thanks again

Like I said before they ask him if he feels safe from radiation here in this shelter and he he basically says no..
"More More away no good, it will be bad everywhere" ... maybe he did mean anywhere in Japan???

But the point was the English news person was on and on about how things were stabilizing and getting better while this guy behind her says not so fast, in not so polite words...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

yeah, it sucks that you can't give context. Obviously i'd be pretty pissed if i was him having my words mistranslated and thats just really troubling to know but to be honest not surprising seeing as we already know truth hasn't exactly been forth coming.

I just wish there was context so people don't take everywhere meaning the entire world when maybe this guy just meant in everywhere in Japan (which personally to me would make more sense) but as you said there's no way to know what context he was meaning at all

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join