It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

no one on this forum is enlightend, or...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by notimportant

To become "enlightend" you firstly have to get rid of all the negativity in your life, and on this board there is plenty of it so it is still not reached. So no good times for ya'all in 2012

Remember: knowing the things which are happening behind the courtains are not "reaching enlightment", so stop wasting your time and move on !!

regards

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are the ONLY one i have seen on this whole site who knows that being concerned and worrying constantly about whats going on in the world is NOT helping ANYONE towards enlightenment. you have to harness all the positive energies and keep ALL the negatives OUT! I thank you for putting this out here. someone had to say it but it wasnt going to be me. this site is pretty much keeping people worried all day everyday, while i dont look at it with concern, but only curiosity!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Im courious to know of there are people here who consider themselfs "enlightend".

I think most are not, because most here are hammering on how bad the freemasons, homosexuals, government are. Some others keep posting their psychotic views and storys about alien encounters, reptilians and so on, and others just post utter bs, or are just plain rude.

To become "enlightend" you firstly have to get rid of all the negativity in your life, and on this board there is plenty of it so it is still not reached. So no good times for ya'all in 2012

Remember: knowing the things which are happening behind the courtains are not "reaching enlightment", so stop wasting your time and move on !!

regards

You have a very strange view of what enlightenment is I must say (whether you consider yourself to be so or not is irrelevent)

The tone of your OP indicates an element of frustration in yourself and your considered position of that 'self' amongst those around you (literally and virtually).

I don't know about anyone else here but to me your problem is very clear.

Your words scream overactive 'ego' ... and the road to enlightenment (should you ever choose to embark on such a journey) begins with an awareness of said 'ego' ... an acceptance that as human beings we all have an 'ego' ... and then learning how to balance that 'ego' with the 'soul' (an imbalance in either will cause no end of problems ... all resulting in setbacks in the journey to enlightenment).

Don't be embarrassed by this ... every single one of us on that journey has touched this base one way or another ... and to deny such would mean that base has not yet been passed

You might be wondering how you can tell when you have balanced your ego with your soul

Easy ... you will have stopped making snap judgements about people and there personal actions ... and accept that we are all individuals who take the best route to enlightenment for the 'self' in question (no right or wrong routes) ... we must also remember that not everyone will choose to pursue enlightenment in this lifetime ... again that is their choice.

Instead of stressing about everyone elses level of enlightenment (or lack of) ... look to your 'self' and see where you can improve and balance.

Woody

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Everything in life and death is understood. To be enlightened infers understanding without explanation, tolerance of others and all, realizing one seeks the path on his own, and in their own time-frame, needs not to refer, reply, explain or defend, and to see all the atoms and sub-particles accumulated into one whole. Good and bad equally constructing 1 Karmic thought.

Like grains of sand, the enlightened see them all as one. Whether aliens, conspiracies, racial, religious and political prejudiced, or varying intelligence levels...all equate as one. Illumination of all, instruction of each, and passing on of the "greater consciousness" to those who seek it...and to those who dont know why they should be seeking. And those enlightened ones never hesitate to respond when asked, and not when prodded.

To find and experience the universal "ALL" and to draw from it?. For some it takes a lifetime, others, many lifetimes. And the remaining, have found it already. It is the one thing that one day far into the future world unseen, will be attained by all and we will share common knowledge and illumination.

And at THAT point as one Earth, one Species, one part of our Universe...we will reach out as one again... as we are doing now...to become again as one atom or a greater whole in the universe. And when we do and all become enlighten to all the great mysteries, we will join with others again...to create the whole...again. And so on..........................

As thousands of sand grains in your palm, insects on the ground, fish in the sea, people on the Earth, Planets in the Solar System, Solar Systems in the Galaxies, Galaxies in the Universe, and Universes within the Cosmo...being enlightened one understands the why, wherefore, and reasoning of everything. Past, present and future in one drop.

Ive a very, very long way to go myself yet......

Hope this point of view helps.
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: blessings

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
what to you defines enlightened

His/herself.

However, the OP-er will almost certainly say that they do not consider themselves enlightened *humble,humble,humble* because humility is a necessary part of "enlightenment" after all.

However, he/she has (and almost certainly will continue to) constantly make inferences that amount to "If you do not think like I do you are not enlightened."

Enlightenment is a state of perception, and perception is subjective because it is filtered through some rather messy biology, and a very, very clever brain that is best at fooling itself above all things. Until one can abandon body/biology one is not enlightened. I believe there are people who can do this. I am not one. Furthermore such people generally don't make leading posts fishing for a discussion that will allow them to reveal how "enlightened the are" in some public forum with total strangers.

This is an ego trip disguised as a discussion. Just one more piece seudo-intellectual narcissism cluttering the interwebz, and about as deep as rainwater on a sidewalk.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I don't consider myself enlightened.
But I do seek the truth and have seen a lot better
than I had a couple of years ago.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Im courious to know of there are people here who consider themselfs "enlightend".

I think most are not, because most here are hammering on how bad the freemasons, homosexuals, government are. Some others keep posting their psychotic views and storys about alien encounters, reptilians and so on, and others just post utter bs, or are just plain rude.

regards

This is a conspiracy forum, its all about what's behind the curtain.

Enlightenment is being able to accept reality and find peace with it. Sometimes negativity exists. Removing it from life is denial.

I've found that even if all this stuff is psychotic or whatever, at the very least it can be seen as a metaphor for our current existence as human beings on this earth.

The thing that's cool about forums is that you learn a lot of stuff that you were never intending to learn along the way when you were seeking something specific. A news site or another kind of site though just kind of feeds you the information that you take in, there is never that accidental knowledge gained.

Nobody on the forum is right, but when you combine the back and fourth process, sometimes we discover some cool stuff!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join