Rumbling Sound Caused by Ducting in Ionosphere? HAARP to Blame, For Real?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I started looking up this term 'ducting', hearing as how it is being used by experts to explain away the sound. But what is ducting? Whistler Ducting is the ability for very low frequency waves caused by ______ , to travel through the atmosphere when conditions are perfect [read: irregularities are present] in the Ionosphere and Magnetosphere.

Firstly, what exactly are ducts?

Atmospheric ducting is a mode of propagation of electromagnetic radiation, usually in the lower layers of Earth’s atmosphere, where the waves are bent by atmospheric refraction...

...The reduced refractive index due to lower densities at the higher altitudes in the Earth's atmosphere bends the signals back toward the Earth. Signals in a higher refractive index layer, i.e., duct, tend to remain in that layer because of the reflection and refraction encountered at the boundary with a lower refractive index material. In some weather conditions, such as inversion layers, density changes so rapidly that waves are guided around the curvature of the earth at constant altitude..Source:Wikipedia

So can humans use them for wave propagation?

Whistlers aren't utilities, or man-made signals at all, but they're interesting. These audio-frequency electrical sweeps are believed to be generated by distant lightning interacting with the ionosphere. They are best heard by special direct-conversion receivers, though a standard audio amp will work if noise permits, which it usually doesn't. Whistlers are spooky. Something like 10 different sweeps are visible in this unusually large one. Notice how the amplitude builds as they kick in, then drop off. Several university professors have made very good recordings of whistlers and other atmospheric electrical phenomena, and these are available online. Source: Ionospheric Whistlers

Yet in 1972 there were classified theories on their generation by the military?

Magnetospheric ducts that guide very-low-frequency (VLF) radiation are subject to spontaneous intensification by a linear instability that arises from the coupling between the magnetosphere and the ionosphere. The elements of this instability comprise a localized enhancement of electron precipitation and a field-aligned column of enhanced plasma density, each in turn causing the other. This interaction can create fully developed plasmapheric ducts spontaneously from infinitesimal fluctuations. A whistler duct thus formed attains saturation (nonlinear stabilization) by virtue of ionospheric recombination and the bounded supply of electrons available for precipitation. (Author) Source: oai.dtic.mil...

And in 2005 it is observed that Very Low Frequency waves propagate easily through them. So, if we can create an irregularity in the ionosphere/magnetosphere, we should be able to direct propagation of VLF waves?

The propagation of electromagnetic waves through the ionosphere in the presence of irregularities is differently affected in different frequency ranges. Very high frequency waves are scattered whereas very low frequency waves are guided through the ducts formed by the irregularities under suitable conditions.
Source: Scintillation Producing and Whistler Ducting Ionospheric Irregularities

So, what was it that HAARP does again? Wouldn't 'exciting' the ionosphere cause any irregularities?

The Ionospheric Research Instrument (IRI), a high power transmitter facility operating in the High Frequency (HF) range. The IRI will be used to temporarily excite a limited area of the ionosphere for scientific study. Source: HAARP Website

Now that it is excited, can we generate VLF waves somehow and use them for geophysical surveying?

ELF/VLF radio waves penetrate deeply beneath the surface of the earth and interact with the geologic structure of the earth. This interaction induces secondary fields with measurable effect at and above the surface of the earth. Proper understanding of the physics of the generation and propagation of ELF/VLF waves and their interactions with earth materials will allow these waves to be used for applications such as sub-surface communications and exploration of the subsurface geological structure. The research called for under this effort is to assess the viability of exploiting the concept of electromagnetic induction to detect and image subterranean features such as tunnels, bunkers, and other potential military targets.

Several distinct methods for ELF/VLF generation are available to support these efforts. Proposers are encouraged to consider including the controlled ELF/VLF sources provided by the 960KW HF transmitter of the HAARP, presently under construction outside Gakona, Alaska and the HIPAS facility located near Fairbanks, Alaska. PL/GPS is the program manager for the HAARP facility. The Office of Naval Research controls the HIPAS facility. Both sites will be available to support the research efforts under this PRDA. Source: Federation of American Scientists

Now for the ATS grade conspiracy: If Russians are warning of a pending continental movement, would it not make sense for us to use the tools at our disposal to take a survey of the deep earth? Could the sounds people are hearing be ducted VLF waves aimed at surveying the continent for structural deficiencies?

Just throwing it out there...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
the conspircy about HAARP and project blu beam go hand in glove, i belive that HAARP will be used to start project blu beam and this rumbling noise

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Not to immediately destroy the proposition in my OP, I read somewhere last month that the sun was throwing out huge solar flares and these wreak havoc on our magnetosphere.

Just wanted to make the connection between ionosphere/magnetosphere > VLF wave propagation > loud rumbling sounds. I guess that's the point of this thread - I am looking for ways the magnetosphere/ionosphere are influenced and how this relates to loud rumbling sounds...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
First of all, I hope you understand that just by mentioning the word HAARP you will draw fire
from most of the people on this site.
Most people here, I've noticed, think of haarp in the same way most people think of Bigfoot or the Lockness Monster.
Why???
I have no friggin clue.
Uncomfortable reality that is easier to just dismiss rather than actually come to terms with the
fact that certain Governments of the world are using weather modification technologies.

Whatever!

I can see the validity in this but, then again,
I have an open mind.
Hmmmm.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I hear you. But really, 'ducting' is something HAARP may have been designed to do by their own admission. If the media says the loud rumbling sound is caused by 'ducting', and 'ducting' is what HAARP is capable of producing, then shouldn't loud noise = ducting = HAARP?

Trust me, I felt a little dirty writing out the title of this thread....

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Interesting theory. The one thing I have been noticing about the noise phenomenon is that it inst a new thing at all but these more recent instances seem to be louder and more "intense". The other thing I am noticing is that noone seems to be able to find anything unusal after the fact. No remaining remnants of what is causing the noise or what it has done. These also seem to be happening under the cover of darkness which makes a natural explanation a little tougher.
I am leaning towards two things. One, these noises are coming from underground where there is little to no evidence left behind for random people to find. Two, these are man made scheduled occurances. HAARP maybe. Who knows. Everything we try to assign to them is complete guess work but I like your theory. It isnt blind blaming. There is substanse.
Star and Flag for others consideration.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
If HAARP is doing this (they certainly have the capabilities) my concerns would be the new madrid fault. Judgeing by the map of locations of these sounds they could be trying to shake things up.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by drifter1109

I must say I like the idea of HAARP trying to scope these areas a lot more than I like the idea of them trying to set off earthquakes. For a group of leading scientists today to sit back and willingly set off earthquakes that kill thousands of people and ruin the lives of millions more seems really really farfetched. They may be messing with things they shouldnt be but I sincerely doubt that they are these evil scientist sitting back and trying to kill people left and right.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
These reports of this noise remind me of the experiments going on with the scientists and forest rangers to produce energy in the book THE TENTH INSIGHT by James Redfield.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Might they be using it in Libia towards the war .....If they can use it to find underground bunkers and stuff like that ....I remember back when the us invaded Iraq that I was outside at night and heard the sounds similar to what is being recorded now ....not as intense as the one in Florida but more distant ...It was like constant bombing ,distant thunder and the like ....sound can do things strange sometimes ...S&F for op and why is your counter not showing flags? ...peace

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by drifter1109

Yes. Looking at the map posted in another thread, the incidents certainly seem clustered over the east coast/Appalachia. A little worrying considering this area is home to dozens of thrust faults that give the mountains their distinct folding shapes:

Appalachian structure exhibits large thrust faults; horizontal breaks along which one sheet of rocks moves over top of another sheet of rocks, often for miles. Typically the sheets of rock are hundreds to thousands of feet thick, mountain size blocks of rock that dwarf us. It is possible to have a single, isolated thrust fault, but more commonly they come in sets that may include dozens of individual faults... Source: James Madison University Geography

Might be worth a look to those in control of targeting the giant Earth x-ray!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by insite

I just found a truckload of information about HAARP, all the links on this site I provide below are links to pdf files:

agriculturedefensecoalition.org...

Let tHe Dissection begin

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Leuren Moret seems to be on the same page.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by spydrbyte25

Awesome stuff. I especially like this one:

One of the research topics of present interest is the generation of ELF/VLF waves through HF heating of the auroral electrojet, between 70 and 120 km altitude. Potential DoD applications of this the intense current system that flows in the auroral regions arines at ELF frequencies and to use the generated waves to research are to provide communications to submerged subm locate and probe underground structures Source: Umran Inan/Stanford University

It is widely known that humans can hear as low as 20khz. VLFrequencies are typically within a range of 3khz - 30khz. Other websites like this one Auroral Chorus claim the maximum is 10khz, which would be too low for us to hear. The author states that whistlers are caused by lightning strikes that pass through the ducts in the magnetosphere and cause audio waves in VLF. Although these natural whistlers cannot be heard by the human ear, there is nothing in his article that states a man-made VLF could not similarly pass through a man-made duct, and that said man-made VLF could not be between 20khz-30khz.
edit on 3-22-2011 by insite because: added a line

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Ducting allows HAM radio operator's the ability to communicate beyond line-of-sight at very long distances around the earth. Just wanted to throw that in there.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by KewlDaddyFatty

So is ducting something that can be created to serve the HAM operator, or just a natural phenomenon that HAM operators sometimes encounter?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
prb.aps.org...

A powerful surface acoustic wave can transport charge along a quasi-one-dimensional channel defined in a piezoelectric semiconductor in packets confined to the minima of the wave’s electrostatic potential. The interaction between electrons can suppress fluctuation in the number of electrons in a packet, resulting in a current that is proportional to the surface acoustic wave (SAW) frequency. This effect has been observed experimentally and is presently being considered as a possible route towards a standard of electric current. Here we present further study of this acoustic charge transport. The main finding is that a weak counterpropagating SAW beam can be used to improve the precision of the current delivered by the device.

May be unrelated, but 'acoustic charge transport' is a term worth researching.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by insite

I have no idea if the condition can be created. It does occur naturally though. It also causes false targets in Radar. HAM operators seek it out though.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

It is widely known that humans can hear as low as 20khz. VLFrequencies are typically within a range of 3khz - 30khz. Other websites like this one Auroral Chorus claim the maximum is 10khz, which would be too low for us to hear. The author states that whistlers are caused by lightning strikes that pass through the ducts in the magnetosphere and cause audio waves in VLF. Although these natural whistlers cannot be heard by the human ear, there is nothing in his article that states a man-made VLF could not similarly pass through a man-made duct, and that said man-made VLF could not be between 20khz-30khz.

VLF falls below 20hz. Human hearing falls between 20hz and 20Khz some people can hear slightly above and below. Just thought id clarify the frequency range.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Pegasus2000 because: (no reason given)
edit on 22-3-2011 by Pegasus2000 because: Quote and spelling

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Pegasus2000

I got my info from the internet. Thanks though.

Band ITU Frequency Waveform Name Band Range Name
VLF 4 3 - 30 KHz Myriametric
LF 5 30 - 300 KHz Kilometric
MF 6 300 - 3000 KHz Hectometric
HF 7 3 - 30 MHz Decametric
VHF 8 30 - 300 MHz Metric
UHF 9 300 - 3000 MHz Decimetric
SHF 10 3 - 30 GHz Centimetric
EHF 11 30 - 300 GHz Millimetric
(IR) 12 300 - 3000 GHz Decimillimetric
Source

Very low frequency or VLF refers to radio frequencies (RF) in the range of 3 kHz to 30 kHz. Since there is not much bandwidth in this band of the radio spectrum, only the very simplest signals are used, such as for radio navigation. Also known as the myriametre band or myriametre wave as the wavelengths range from ten to one myriametres (an obsolete metric unit equal to 10 kilometres). Source: Wikipedia

top topics

<<   2 >>

join