It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China & Russia call for immediate cease-fire in Libya!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Interesting Sky News and BBC don't seem to be covering this at all

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
And how much do you think it costs to get the 20BN plus the untold amount of gold ?

A Lot of our money sir
Perhaps a lot more than the actual Prize or Trophy

and you also seem to be missing that the expense
of the war is shared among all allies.

And just who do you think sells them all of those
bombs??

The US Military Industrial Complex.

It's a win-win scenario

the Allies getting pimped at the UN table
the Russians and Chinese double crossed
Gadhaffi getting robbed
Military Industrial Complex making huge profits from selling bombs
and with a dead Gadhaffi ---- no witness to the atrocity

edit on 3/22/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackcat99
Interesting Sky News and BBC don't seem to be covering this at all

What I find even more interesting is that this thread is getting buried as it isn't showing up on the front of ATS but has a good momentum right now nonetheless. Would like to have more people weigh in on this as it seems more important than a lot of other things right now.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
hate to go all biblical, but this may end with a M.E. peace treaty. 7 years of peace. YAY!!!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
China Steps Up Denunciations of Allied Campaign in Libya.

BEIJING — China escalated its opposition to American-led airstrikes on Libya on Tuesday, joining Russia and India in calls for an immediate cease-fire and suggesting that coalition forces were imperiling civilians by exceeding the United Nations-mandated no-fly zone.

The rising criticism among the so-called BRIC group of emerging powers — Brazil, Russia, India and China — came amid allegations by the Libyan government that allied bombings have killed or wounded scores of civilians, a claim refuted by American military officials.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
China can shout all they like... things are in full swing and i dont think anyone really cares what they say, just being blunt

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

well in all fairness
we do have conflicting reports on civilian casualties.
One network says there are
another network says there are not

so no verification either way that I can find.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
So, NO, Russia and China did NOT abstain
on what actually occurred in Libya.

That's like you ordering a Pepperoni Pizza
and when the delivery guy shows up
he slaps your mom in the face.
Would you be happy with that?
me thinks not

I like this metaphor better.

I hope they pose enough 'threat' that we back out of Libya and mind our own business. They need to speak up about Iraq & Afghanistan while they're at it.

edit on 22-3-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by justin032188
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Not a country to piss around with. If China says stop, they mean it. Russia is also ordering a Ceasefire. The bible says trouble will come out of the north and the east in the midst of this mess in Libya, Egypt, and ancient Ethiopia. The prophecy is in Daniel 11. Verse 45 i think, would have to look it up.

China has extensive business interests in the nation, which supplies about 3% of its crude imports, that is why China has a ship in that region
And the problem with Daniel's prophecy, is it can pertain to 2,000 years ago,or 500 years ago, there has always been turmoil in that region, so that is just non-sense.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
China can shout all they like... things are in full swing and i dont think anyone really cares what they say, just being blunt

well if that's the case then maybe you think
we should disband the United Nations ???

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
So what does China and Russia think they're going to do about it if we say no? What action would they take against us? I'm thinking nothing, seeing we support their country (China), owe them trillions and they own a large portion of our debt, not saying it may not happen in the future, just not now. What do you all think?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Astonishing Russia and China the "good guys".....well according to some very naive people here. I mean come on RUSSIA and frickin CHINA those bastions of democracy, rule of law and respectors of human rights. Don't make me laugh.

The resolution : if you are going to comment it would do you all well to read the damn thing! Russia and China abstained because they KNOW that Gaddafi is brutal dictator who is 100% guaranteed to slaughter and torture thousands and thousands of people for have the audacity to stand up to him and they can't vote for something which could one day apply to them due to their own brutal oppression of their citizens and satellite countries.

Have any of you bitching and complaining every thought of listening to those people of Libya who are no longer under the threat of Gaddafi? Strange thing is they WANT THE FRICKING ATTACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh let me guess they are really drug crazed al queda followers just as Gaddafi said on the very free Libyan state TV.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
Russia and China abstained because they KNOW that Gaddafi is brutal dictator who is 100% guaranteed to slaughter and torture thousands and thousands of people

can you point me to a link on the internet
that proves Gadhaffi killed thousands and thousands
of his own people??? Well, I mean BEFORE the CIA
led uprisings started ??? thanks

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder
So what does China and Russia think they're going to do about it if we say no? What action would they take against us? I'm thinking nothing, seeing we support their country (China), owe them trillions and they own a large portion of our debt, not saying it may not happen in the future, just not now. What do you all think?

Just posted this on another thread but I think it will serve here also. China is not stupid! They are waiting for their chance and making moves to pave the way.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by Itop1

well if that's the case then maybe you think
we should disband the United Nations ???

I dont know about that poster... but I sure do.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
At the end of the day the Chinese, Russian, UK and American governments are full of corruption, as is the UN. Why don't they try something fair? Like allow every country to be a permanent member of the currently fake security council and then have a vote from every country that allows us to see what we should do next?

And better yet, maybe get the corrupt permanent members of the security council to start spending money on helping people instead of massive 'defence' budgets that usually lead to them attacking other countries instead of actually doing any 'defence'.

It's all a sham, just like the UN.

Oh and Ban-Ki Moon is a massive shill.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by Curio

As I have stated on page 3, the very same thing. All members of the UN council knew what a NFZ curtailed.

please show a link anywhere on the net
that shows a no-fly zone as targeting
a presidential compound which had no
weapons. That was an assassination attempt
on Gadhaffi.

Where does it show this in a no-fly zone ???

I don't agree that it was an assassination attempt. I feel that we knew he wasn't there and just bombed it for the hell of it. It was for the intimidation factor and to make a point. I believe that we already have boots on the ground as in special forces that have yet to be reported. I think we know where he is located and are just waiting for him to make his next move. Maybe we are taunting him.

edit on 22-3-2011 by topdog30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I don't agree that it was an assassination attempt. I feel that we knew he wasn't there and just bombed it for the hell of it. It was for the intimidation factor and to make a point. I believe that we already have boots on the ground as in special forces that have yet to be reported. I think we know where he is located and are just waiting for him to make his next move. Maybe we are taunting him.

edit on 22-3-2011 by topdog30 because: (no reason given)

Boots on the ground is exactly what wasn't agreed on. This will be a major SHTF scenario when it hits the media...and it will.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

i watched the vid up until he said tusami... for the record i believe if he knows of a uneforeseen attack on our soil... in the best interest of ns those in charge of keeping americans safe would be all over it... if hes canadian im sure he will get a knock at his door "eh".

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
France and Italy fued

Arab League left out

Russia and China order a halt

the coalition is falling apart
not good for the world

www.cnn.com...

some of you folks may just get ur wish,
this could end the United Nations
if worst case scenario

edit on 3/22/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join