It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China & Russia call for immediate cease-fire in Libya!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Command and Control centers are legitimate targets in that type of action...

Presidential compounds are full of women, children ,servants...

Isn't the modern world wonderful?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Isn't the modern world wonderful?

Yeah ,is getting better and better ..waiting pictures of US soldiers with dead libyan civilians

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by boondock-saint

That's just not so Boon.

Are you seriously trying to say that nations the likes of Russia and China, well aware of current events transpiring in N. Africa would send their representatives to the UN only to be confused as to the issues being discussed?

Not a snowballs chance mate.

Everything is discussed beforehand. Presentations are presented, speeches are spoken, and motions are tabled. *Then* the members get to vote or veto.

oh, you mean like this one, where the US lied
to the UN?

and then later Powell saying that he lied

but no, some cannot comprehend that the
US would lie to bomb or invade another
country.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

I think you'll find it was Gaddafi who 'started it' when he ordered the slaughter of peaceful protesters.

and I think you'll find that the CIA, US State Dept
and George Soros started it by training the protesters
and inciting them to protest and giving them the means.

There is no good guy here. Gadhaffi is not the good guy
and neither is the CIA for instigating a national uprising.

Are the US/Europe there for the sole purpose of helping downtrodden and oppressed human beings?

Only a naive fool or a young child would believe such rubbish, of course they're not there simply to help the people. They're there for the oil.

Why else are we not in *any* of the other countries that routinely murder and oppress the people? Why else are we not even discussing UN resolutions regarding sanctions for these countries?

NO BLOODY OIL!

BUT, even with the knowledge that our alphabet agents have been stirring the pot in Libya for a good while, it still doesn't get around the fact that Gaddafi is murdering his own people...wholesale.

As i said in another post, i don't care if the prime minister, president or the queen herself was in there stirring up dissent, the government, any government does not have any right to expect to slaughter innocent people without some payback.

I would prefer the rebels handled things themselves, in a perfect world that is what would happen.

If the UN absolutely *had* to get involved on humanitarian grounds, the *most* we should have done, would have been to arm and equip the rebels to make for a fairer fight, and also to have set up a UN controlled 'safe haven' for refugees from the fighting, and injured rebels.

We should *not* be in there fighting with our own personnel sitting in the cockpits.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

In case you missed it from page 3:

The plans submitted are irrelevant. The UN Articles dictate the actions of its members.

Article 41:

The Security Council may decide what measures not involving the use of armed force are to be employed to give effect to its decisions, and it may call upon the Members of the United Nations to apply such measures. These may include complete or partial interruption of economic relations and of rail, sea, air, postal, telegraphic, radio, and other means of communication, and the severance of diplomatic relations.

www.un.org...

We had already implemented sanctions. As well as other countries. They were deemed by its members as inadequate.

Article 42 establishes the framework:

Should the Security Council consider that measures provided for in Article 41 would be inadequate or have proved to be inadequate, it may take such action by air, sea, or land forces as may be necessary to maintain or restore international peace and security. Such action may include demonstrations, blockade, and other operations by air, sea, or land forces of Members of the United Nations.

www.un.org...

Article 42, does not require Congressional approval under the USC 287d:

The President shall not be deemed to require the authorization of the Congress to make available to the Security Council on its call in order to take action under article 42 of said Charter and pursuant to such special agreement or agreements the armed forces, facilities, or assistance provided for therein

law.justia.com...

Next we have article 43, that establishes the amount of forces from all responding members countries.

Article 43:

All Members of the United Nations, in order to contribute to the maintenance of international peace and security, undertake to make available to the Security Council, on its call and in accordance with a special agreement or agreements, armed forces, assistance, and facilities, including rights of passage, necessary for the purpose of maintaining international peace and security. Such agreement or agreements shall govern the numbers and types of forces, their degree of readiness and general location, and the nature of the facilities and assistance to be provided. The agreement or agreements shall be negotiated as soon as possible on the initiative of the Security Council. They shall be concluded between the Security Council and Members or between the Security Council and groups of Members and shall be subject to ratification by the signatory states in accordance with their respective constitutional processes.

www.un.org...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

The US gets less than 2% of it's oil from Libya. That is not enough to go to war in Libya.

What about 10%? 20? or more? That would be worth going to war over.

Once the country is 'secured', a lot more than 2% is for the taking.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

but no, some cannot comprehend that the
US would lie to bomb or invade another
country.

And some cannot comprehend that Libya's massacre of their own people needed to be stopped.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

edit on 22-3-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

exactly ^^^^^^
star for you

no regard for human life of civilians.
It seems to me this happened in Iraq as well.
408 civilians died in Iraq from one bunker
buster. I guess the US just don't give a
chit about them. Weird, cuz civilians
was the purpose they were there to begin
with.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

while they let similar massacres in Bahrain and Yemen go on un challenged, arn't we standing by there and watching innocents get killed by their leaders?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

And some cannot comprehend that Libya's massacre of their own people needed to be stopped.

oh, you mean the protesters who were
being led by the CIA ???

The US is playing both sides of this
coin. You know that just as well as
I do.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Was the Bush government populated by sinister, self interested, lying scum-sucking barrels of excrement (and that's being kind to the bastards)? YES it was.

Do i believe that elements of said freak ridden government would, could or did indeed lie their faces off over both Iraq and Afghanistan and now Libya? Absolutely.

Does little me, sitting in my computer chair openly stating i possess this knowledge/suspicion mean that i'm special in some way? Nope. Am i better informed do you think, than say...a Russian or Chinese ambassador? No, of course not.

So, if you know that the Bush Gov lied, and i know the Bush gov lied, and we both highly suspect the current governments are doing more of the same old, same old..don't you think every single person sitting at the UN knows the same things plus plenty more we don't have a clue about?

Of course they do.

The US and UK are not the only countries with intelligence services, just about every other nation on Earth knows exactly what agendas are being played out, which is *more* reason for the Russians and Chinese to have used their powers of Veto...but they didn't.

Are we to assume that little you and me know the 'score', but two of the most powerful nations on Earth do not?

Come now Boon...you know what i'm saying.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Hey boondock we know what we've done.
We get it thrown in our faces many times here at ATS.

Thanks for posting the obvious.

Now can we get back to what is presently going on in Libya and not 1991 or 2003 but 2011?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

it is not ours to take.
that is stealing
at the cost of human lives

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by SLAYER69

while they let similar massacres in Bahrain and Yemen go on un challenged, arn't we standing by there and watching innocents get killed by their leaders?

Yup....

Just like we stood-by during the Cultural revolution and later Tianamin square over in China not to mention what fairly recently transpired in Iran then later in Egypt.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

a solution for a problem
caused by the CIA.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

it is not ours to take.
that is stealing
at the cost of human lives

You do understand, that in any type of war, and or skirmish, there are casualties right? It happens, and it may be sad and unfortunate, but it happens.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Come now Boon...you know what i'm saying.

I wonder if you have any idea just where that
$1Billion that was just printed with the printing
flaw will end up in the near future ???
Can you say ABSTAIN bribery ???

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Why call for a ceasefire now?

WHERE THE HELL WERE THEY WHEN the libyans were ruthlessly EXTERMINATED by the CCP's buddy Gaddafi????!!!

Oh wait...birds of a feather flock together. These 2 govs had never CARED about humanity, except for their own rule. TianAnMen massacres must had been lost to their memory.

Perhaps it is time for the chinese masses to stage an immediate uprising? Need no further evidence on how the illegitimate CCP ruler intends to rule china with bullets, paid off the backs of the our fellow chinese brothers and sisters!!!

Where the hell where you when GPS imagery from Russian's military revealed that the so-called bombings by Gaddhafi were a fabrication by the Western media and governments? Plus the "rebels" were armed since the beginning, and not just with guns, but military assault rifles, rocket launchers and tanks. Since when retaliation against an opposing ARMED faction is a civilian "extermination"? What is the official death toll?

Moreover, "extermination" means a genocide! You're really over-inflating things here. Extermination is what Hitler did to Jews, gypsies, Serbs and political dissenters in the '40s, and what most other dictatorships did to political dissenters through policies like death camps and executions.

Thousands of peaceful protesters were brutally beaten and shot to death by authorities, with support of the US Government during the Massacre of the Olympic Games of Mexico... Tien Nan Men's repression is easily comparable to this, and this is just one of the cases of all-out repression of civilians in the so-called "free world", but I guess that since Mexico never fell in the evil of communism, this can be easily put aside, eh?
edit on 22/3/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Why call for a ceasefire now?

WHERE THE HELL WERE THEY WHEN the libyans were ruthlessly EXTERMINATED by the CCP's buddy Gaddafi????!!!

We don't know that. The US and EU are basing their actions on reports by the libian opposition, like the reasons for the war in Irak (just rumors). No independent media has proven Gaddafi is "exterminating" the population. And by "independent" I'm not talking about any of the US press corporations.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Hey boondock we know what we've done.
We get it thrown in our faces many times here at ATS.

Thanks for posting the obvious.
Now can we get back to what is presently going on in Libya and not 1991 or 2003 but 2011?

all I'm saying is

targeting bunkers designed for civilians
is something the US has NOT stopped doing
even in Libya yesterday. So we have not
learned from our mistakes and are doomed
to repeat them.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join